Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am a bit disappointed..

Hi all!

Ny experince with bac is rather disappointing.
    I was determined to reach the switch and gradually increased my daily dose until I got to as high as 270 mg. No switch reached but after a few days on this dose I collapsed and was taken to ITU. I was hallucinating, paranoid etc.. It lasted for about 3 days..
    I had to completely stop taking bac and to my suprise I had no withdrawal symptoms at all. I went from 270 to 10 per day in one week without any problem.
    Then I decided to resume this medication and this time started at 50 and after tittraing slowly I am stabilized at 150 now.
    The reason why I did so was because I felt just great on bac. My anxiety and stress were totally gone.
    It was like a discovery of new way to live being happy and self assured.
    However to my greatest disappointment it hasn?t resolved my drinking problems and I still crave alcohol.
    The only dfference is I can?t drink as much as I did before.
    Right now I have 3-4 pints of beer every night and I don?t want any more.
    Before bac I normally drank till blackout and it surely was more than 8 pints a night.
    My problem is I can?t stop drinking these 3 pints. I dont have hangovers or any other problems connected with it (apart from puffy eyes) but I can?t go on like this.
    It is no way to live and I am at a loss.

hug to you tto99.
    i've not been on bac so can't help with the tech side of things.
    hopefully someone else can.
    chin up, try to stay positive.
    i myself am not doing too crash-hot either so know you're not by your lonesome there.
    have you talked to your doc?

Comment

Hey, tto99

Have you had a look at the Toolbox thread in Monthly Abstinence? I relied heavily on it when I tapered my drinking before I started bac in June last year.

I also used (and still do) suppplements like L-Glutamine. IT didn't help me with cravings, but lots of other people say it does.

When you were as high as 270mg, what was the mg/kg ratio?
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;919946 wrote: Hey, tto99

Have you had a look at the Toolbox thread in Monthly Abstinence? I relied heavily on it when I tapered my drinking before I started bac in June last year.

I also used (and still do) suppplements like L-Glutamine. IT didn't help me with cravings, but lots of other people say it does.

When you were as high as 270mg, what was the mg/kg ratio?
        erm, i am 100 kgs. i am not sure was 270 mg too much for this weight or ok?

Comment

beagle;919918 wrote: hug to you tto99.
          i've not been on bac so can't help with the tech side of things.
          hopefully someone else can.
          chin up, try to stay positive.
          i myself am not doing too crash-hot either so know you're not by your lonesome there.
          have you talked to your doc?
          i am from UK and i think no doc here ever heard of bac.
          when i was in the hospital i told doctors about what actually happened to me and they all said it was unbelievable. they never heard about Dr. A. either.

Comment

tto99;920032 wrote: erm, i am 100 kgs. i am not sure was 270 mg too much for this weight or ok?
            That would be 2.7mg/kg.

Fairly low, compared to many others (myself included).

Check Dr. A's self case-study. If memory serves (and it sometimes doesn't ) he went up to about 3.6...
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Other options

tto99;919916 wrote: Hi all!

Ny experince with bac is rather disappointing.
              I was determined to reach the switch and gradually increased my daily dose until I got to as high as 270 mg. No switch reached but after a few days on this dose I collapsed and was taken to ITU. I was hallucinating, paranoid etc.. It lasted for about 3 days..
              I had to completely stop taking bac and to my suprise I had no withdrawal symptoms at all. I went from 270 to 10 per day in one week without any problem.
              Then I decided to resume this medication and this time started at 50 and after tittraing slowly I am stabilized at 150 now.
              The reason why I did so was because I felt just great on bac. My anxiety and stress were totally gone.
              It was like a discovery of new way to live being happy and self assured.
              However to my greatest disappointment it hasn’t resolved my drinking problems and I still crave alcohol.
              The only dfference is I can’t drink as much as I did before.
              Right now I have 3-4 pints of beer every night and I don’t want any more.
              Before bac I normally drank till blackout and it surely was more than 8 pints a night.
              My problem is I can’t stop drinking these 3 pints. I dont have hangovers or any other problems connected with it (apart from puffy eyes) but I can’t go on like this.
              It is no way to live and I am at a loss.
              Hi

I read about your experience with Bac. Have you tried the Seven Weeks To Sobriety program which relies heavily on L-Glutamine and other vitamins to come off alcohol? I suggest you have a look at the programme on the web or buy the book. It has a detox formula to keep you off drink which takes seven weeks and involves getting off alcohol at the start with a two day program. The vitamins are expensive so it tends to wear you down financially but if you use the Seven Weeks program to come off the booze then you may stand a better chance with Bac. Were you aware that drinking and bac combined can make you feel much more drunk and hungover? It is not actually a good combination and Dr. Ameisen did not, of course, get off booze first with a detox formula or rehab before getting onto baclofen. The Seven Weeks program at Health Recovery Center also has a companion site which helps with psychological issues through vitamin and mineral therapy. I thoroughly recommend you visit the site or get the book. If nothing else it is an extremely interesting read about alcohol and the related psychiatric conditions and the failure of the medical profession and pharmaceutical industry to deal with either alcohol or mental illness in a sane sort of way.

Whatever you do, keep up the Baclofen and keep posting.
              BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

How quickly did you go from 0 to 270? What brand of bac are you using?

I weigh 68kg and am at 262.5 and am now just about at the switch.
                Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

I had a really difficult time "drinking through bac" I know some people say they do it but in my case it was detrimental. I think the combination of booze and any of these drugs is dangerous but that's just my opinion.
                  Anyway, I'm sorry for your terrible experience. I wish better for you... Good luck!

Comment

tto99,

I understand you are disappointed, and appreciate the "a bit" part of your thread header.

But to me, it sounds like you should be elated. Apart from the emergency episode, which you don't indicate how it came about, you are now clearly at a far better place than you were pre-bac. You drink less than half as much as you did before you started bac, you don't have hangovers, and yet you say: "It is no way to live and I am at a loss."

It seems to me that you are not at a loss. You are almost to the finish line.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Otter;920154 wrote: The Seven Weeks program at Health Recovery Center also has a companion site which helps with psychological issues through vitamin and mineral therapy. I thoroughly recommend you visit the site or get the book. If nothing else it is an extremely interesting read about alcohol and the related psychiatric conditions and the failure of the medical profession and pharmaceutical industry to deal with either alcohol or mental illness in a sane sort of way.
                      I second this recommendation. The book will give you an incredible education about how nutrients relate to alcoholism, and *specifically what you need*. "Seven Weeks to Sobriety" is my supplements bible. You don't need to buy the products from HRC either -- just get the advice from the book. (IME, however, the BioRecovery stuff is a good deal for what you get -- I just avoid it because of the high amount of animal products).

btw, the author undertook her research and made the program as a result of her alcoholic son committing suicide.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

thank you all

Hi everybody!!

I managed to stop every night drinking.
                        At same time I went down with my bac daily dose to 80 mg/day.
                        Not sure what to do next..
                        I would like to hit the switch but I am sooo afraid of what may happen.. Looks like I can't tolerate high doses at all..
                        Anyway, thanks for support and advices!

Comment

If it were me, I'd stay at 8o for a while and see what your drinking is like. If you're still drinking, go up 5mg at a time and stay there for a week. ROme wasn;t built in a day and your success is going to depend on your tolerating the bac if you choose this route.

Just my 2 cents tho, and I am by no means a doc.
                          Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                          That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                          Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                          Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Working...
                          X