Join Me In A BAC-Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join Me In A BAC-Off?

I had cravings last night, first in a while. I was able to brush them aside fairly easily, though. However, hubs is going out of town Weds- Sunday and I have never been sober while he is gone. This will be huge for me if I can resist and maintain. I am just so afraid of failing.
    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Join Me In A BAC-Off?

Hey guys. I just realized that it's been over a month since I started this thread and consequently over a month since I've had a drink. All things considered its been pretty easy I guess. Strangely it seems like its been A LOT longer than a month though, not sure why. I originally titrated up pretty fast and pretty effortlessly. The only side effect was some possible mania. I wasn't sleeping much (5 hours every OTHER night) and surprised a lot of people around me by quitting my job because the hours had started to dwindle. I did do it kinda spur of the moment, so it very well could have been manic. But I immediately found a freelance gig that paid BETTER and now my original boss is begging me back when this one is finished so GO MANIA! Nevertheless, it's something to be mindful of. And with the new job I had to get back to what seems a perfectly functional dosage for me at ~140mg give or take 20mg. I did have a HORRIBLE day last Friday. It was one of those ultra frustrating moments that make you question your entire life and career leading up to this moment. It ruined my entire weekend and made me a complete ass, BUT I didn't drink! Remarkable considering the circumstances. "What's the point of being sober when assholes like these still control my life," was racing around in my head non-stop, and I can't say the Baclofen alone was enough, there was def a healthy dose of willpower involved... but willpower alone would surely not have been enough pre-bac.

But enough about me, how is everyone else doing??? Phoenix you're still hanging in there it sounds?

Comment

Join Me In A BAC-Off?

"What's the point of being sober when assholes like these still control my life?"

So you can get to that place in your head (and your life) where they don't! CONGRATULATIONS on an entire month, 3rd! Good on you! :wd::wd::wd::wd:
        AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
        "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Join Me In A BAC-Off?

Hey 3m!

Yeah, hanging in here for sure. I've had the odd drink or two (3 in one sitting, a big wake up call!) but AF for the most part. It feels great!! How nice to hear from you!

The most amazing part is that I hardly even THINK about it!! It used to dominate my thoughts day and night and now it's barely a shadow in the background. Awesome!!
          Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
          That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
          Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
          Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Working...
          X