Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice needed

Hi,
    let me try this again: side effects of Naltrexone anyone? Is anybody using it together with Topiramate, and, most importantly, are fatigue and difficulty of focusing very common when taking the latter? I go to school besides working and really cannot afford that...Thank you guys.

advice needed

Hi there Heart - I have never used Nal but I do use Topa. Well, did use it - I recently came off it and am doing fine! Focusing can be a problem with Topa - it wasn't for me. Sleepiness - well, my am dose didn't make me sleep but the pm dose did - not sure how that worked but I ended up taking the PM dose around 4.30 in the afternoon instead of before bed and it worked just fine. I woke up without feeling sleepy. The SE of Topa are different for everyone - I had hardly any, but others couldn't tolerate it. it is something that you have to try - I wouldn't even look at the SE of Topa as I was NOT going to let them happen to me. Nal I have no idea about, but I am sure that others can answer your questions on that - or look through past threads. Good luck with whatever you decide upon - it really can be done. I have proved that!!

Hugs to you, Sunshinedaisies x
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

advice needed

Hi Heartandsoul,

I have no experience with Topiramate but I have been taking Naltrexone for the past 6 months. Initial side effects for me were transient nausea and mild headache. the nausea only lasted a week and I stayed on 25 mg for 5 days before titrating to 50mg. I still experience a very mild headache at times but it's not really a problem.
      I am not sure in what way you plan on taking Naltrexone? I take it one hour before drinking as in the sinclair method. Naltrexone is apparantly fairly ineffective when used to maintain abstinence, even though the drug was licensed in the States for that purpose.

Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

Scot

Comment

advice needed

Hey Sunshine,
        thanks for your feedback. Are you AF or moderating? You said you did it so I am curious... : )
        I want to get rid of this dependency, but I think, in my case, moderation is more doable...

Comment

advice needed

I am AF Heart - I had originally planned on modding.......but once I got to the point of being AF (and after reading Alan Carrs book about AL) I decided not to MOD and that for me, modding was a mistake. Plenty here do and are fine with it - it is a personal choice, which for me is a no. Whatever you do decide, I wish you the best. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Hugs, Sunshinedaisies x
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

advice needed

I'm on 50mg of topamax recently down from 75mg. I've been on this med for eight months. I have not experience any of the SE many complain about. I prescribe to the "try it" school of thought!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

advice needed

Took first dose about 3 hrs ago and after 1 glass of wine, the very idea of another one, I'm like "blah"...don't feel like eatin anything either. I'm thinking about taking a shower and getting into bed w/ my book.

WTF???????????

Comment

Working...
              X