BiPolar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BiPolar

I read a post by Bill P recently which suggests Baclofen is not effective for someone with bipolar. I also read in Seven Weeks to Sobriety that bipolar is a lithium shortage which can be treated with Lithium orotate.

I have a problem. I think a lot of people who stop drinking could have a serious amount of damage to their systems including bipolar disorders and hypoglycemia.

Is Baclofen the fist step to full recovery or is it all you need?

Any suggestions?

Going down the pan badly at the moment.

Still cannot get a UK doctor to go over 100 mg per day.

Help!!
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

BiPolar

Hi Otter - I am not the right person to talk about Bac as I took Topa. I am also not sure about Bipolar, but the hypoglycemia is something that many people suffer from - I found with the cravings for sugar, L-Glut didn't do much for me, but what i did find was to up the amount of protein that i have - it helped to stop the cravings both for AL and sugar There is a book called Potatoes Not Prozac that explains the relationship between protein, AL, Hypoglycemia etc., and after reading that I really upped the protein that I was eating and the sugar cravings went away!! My Blood sugar is something I have to watch too, so the higher protein helped with that.

If you are bipolar, and have talked to a doc about the Bac and can get some, but need more, a lot of people here get it off the Internet. Check out some of the Bac threads and someone will have some suggestions for you. You do need more than just Bac - you need a plan, and the right mindset. There are many helpful places here - the Toolbox being one - read, and post and ask questions.

Good luck on your journey - we are all here for you!!

hugs, Sunshinedaisies xx
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

BiPolar

Potatos

Hi

Thanks for your help. I think you are right about the hypoglycemia. I will have a look at the book and tool boxes.

I don't know where I would be without this site.
      :thanks::h
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

BiPolar

Hi Otter,

I am not bipolar but what I can say is that I was abstinent for 8 months last year and the mood swings were hideous the entire time, even thoughts about suicide at times. The other thing was the hypoglycaemia, I craved sweets and used to eat chocolate in large quantities and the strange thing was I still lost a stone in weight!

I have been reading up on Lithium orotate and it is apparantly safe to take at the correct dosage, unlike lithium carbonate which can be very toxic. I was on lithium carbonate for a couple of years for depression and I needed regular blood tests to monitor levels.

Best of luck and as sunshinedaisies says, maybe you need to buy some Bac on the internet if no Doctor will prescribe over 100mg.

best wishes

Scot

Comment

BiPolar

Hypoglycaemia

Thanks Scot

We picked up some extra Baclofen in Spain where we are at the moment. It is a prescribed drug here but a lot of pharmacies sell it without prescription.

My wife was on Lithium Orotate which we ordered from Healthrecovery.com. We stopped getting it once we got Baclofen. I think I will go back to it. I looked at the Potatoes not Prozac site for hypoglycaemia. I think there is a lot to the connection with hypoglycaemia and I am sure my wife has the same problem as she eats a ton of chocolate when not drinking and it always leads up to a relapse. She has horrible moods.

Radiant Recovery which treats AL via hypoglycaemia treatment has a diet program. I have not had a chance to get that. I wonder whether Baclofen at high dose gets rid of hypoglycemia because Radiant Recovery say that sugar craving is as strong as drug craving so if it is the same receptor site then it makes sense that Baclofen should sort out sugar craving and hypoglycemia.

Cheers
          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

BiPolar

I think lithium orotate is an overlooked holistic tool to combat both alcohol dependency and insomnia.

Many people get lithium orotate confused with lithium, which it is somehow related to, but it is a different, non-addictive form that is readily available without prescription, and as far as I know, has no side effects.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

BiPolar

Hi

I really hope the baclofen does help deal with the hypoglycaemia and associated symptoms for your wife, it certainly does appear to curb the sweet cravings from what I have read and glad you have managed to buy some bac in Spain, along with getting a break and some much needed sunshine!

My mind is a bit boggled at the moment as I don't know what to take if I go AF again, lithium orotate, baclofen, low dose naltrexone, L-glutamine etc. All I do know know is that for me, stopping is the easy bit, it's what follows that makes the difference between sobriety and relapse, and sadly there is not a lot of help in the NHS regarding supplements, nutrition etc which I find frustrating and depressing to say the least.

Best wishes

Comment

Working...
              X