Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen - The Holy Grail or the Emperor's New Clothes? You tell me

Tip
    When did I ever claim to be an expert on alcoholism?
    If I had haemorrhoids, it doesn't make me a proctologist.
    But I can tell you that, after the last 15 months or so, I probably know more about Baclofen and us than anybody else; including OA. Hundreds and hundreds of people have contacted me and told me about their experiences. And I've replied to them all.
    I collate, not pontificate.
    Scot98, Thank you. It's not easy. It's all the really great people who tell me their stories and want support that keeps me doing it.
    Phill

Comment

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread for a moment, Phill, but my husband is a lawyer. Where did you do your Law exams after your degree was it Chester, Manchester or Leeds. Of course I realize you can't tell me where you did your articles as that would be a breach of confidentiality.
      J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;935053 wrote: I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread for a moment, Phill, but my husband is a lawyer. Where did you do your Law exams after your degree was it Chester, Manchester or Leeds. Of course I realize you can't tell me where you did your articles as that would be a breach of confidentiality.
        J x
        :l
        Funny question.
        Why do you ask?

Comment

B4A;935056 wrote: Funny question.
          Why do you ask?
          Curiosity, that all. It's just a lot of my friends happen to be lawyers. In fact my children can count 3 as their godparents.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Law degree Leeds (Brian Hogan - of Smith and Hogan fame was my criminal law tutor - what a hoot) then Manchester

Comment

tiptronic_ct;935045 wrote: No-one questioned your qualifications or your credentials, Phill. They are beside the point, to a large extent.

They tell us nothing of the man you are and of the claims you make for yourself as an expert in alcoholism and the treatment thereof with baclofen. Remember referring to yourself as Dr. Baclofen not so long ago?

I have neither the time nor the interest to spell it out for you more than I have already, but the way you do things is actually way more important than what you do. Therein lies the rub.
              Tiptronic,

Once you gain a doctorate, whether practicing, retired or whatever, you can still use the title, according to a conversation I had with a retired GP last year, so Dr Baclofen is not a misnomer.

You and others on this site may not like the way B4A comes across. We all have problems with the way some people affect us, get over it! He is not out to harm anyone, far from it in my view and no I have never had any contact with him, I am just not happy with the way he is being hounded on this site, which he is!

Comment

My husband has just walked in and Smith and Hogan is a Criminal Law text book.

Once again I apologise for the hijacking of this thread.I'll leave it now.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;935065 wrote: My husband has just walked in and Smith and Hogan is a Criminal Law text book.

Once again I apologise for the hijacking of this thread.I'll leave it now.
                  I know it is. Prof Hogan taught me tort law as well. Which was odd, because Horton Rodgers (one of the best tort lawyers of his generation) was my contract tutor. I guess they get bored and mix and match.

Professor Rodgers also supervised my dissertation on "Nervous Shock - should it be a new tort?"

Phill

Comment

How very honoured you must feel to have met and been tutored by Prof Hogan before his death in 1996.
                    Once again apologies to all for hijacking this thread.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I was and am. I left Leeds in 1993 but I will never forget Brian Hogan.
                      A great man and the bluest eyes I've ever seen
                      Irreverent and so funny
                      Fantastic thinker
                      Top bloke
                      Smaller than you'd think. Tiny really, but I wouldn't cross him.
                      Always insisted on calling me Dr Thomas during our case classes
                      He always got me to present the medical stuff, and then took the piss out of me
                      An extremely funny, nice, crazy man. But obviously very wise about society and decency
                      The very best of men
                      Should have been in the House of Lords, as was
                      He once said that if his wife ever opened his post, he would leave her
                      Liked a tipple
                      Phill

Comment

Is it possible for you to start a new thread about all these recent matters. They have nothing to do with baclofen or whether it works
                        Sunny

Comment

Working...
                        X