Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lioresal 25mg stronger than 2.5x10mg same brand???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

On reducing my Baclofen dose I came accross something strange.

I am reducing my dose in steps of 2.5mg per step. I do so by combining 10mg and 25mg pills from the brand Lioresal

When I reduced one dose from 22.5mg (1/2x 25mg + 1x 10mg) to 20mg (2x10mg) I noticed a bigger drop, and I felt like the reduction was too big. Now that I am on 17.5mg (1/2x 25mg + 1/2x 10mg) it feels like I am taking more Baclofen, and I feel a lot better now.

So the 17.5mg have a bigger effect on me than the 20mg - just because I take less of the 10mg pills now ???

I also found this in regards to this topic

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ncy-43742.html

Anyone else had similar experience?
    since 23. Apr 2009 : TSM - failed to reduce units
    since 08. Jan 2010 : Naltrexone + Baclofen combination therapy
    reborn since 16. Jan 2010 : Alcohol Free (AF) - only taking Baclofen
    since 22. May 2010 : Baclofen against anxiety/fear
    since 14. Mar 2011 : off Baclofen - taking 25mg Topamax/day

My stats :
    http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/craving/

I do know that certain types of tablets are not really designed to be cut, meaning, that even though you have cut the pill in two exactly equal pieces, the effective ingredient is not equal in each piece. I don't know for a fact whether that is true of baclofen, but it is possible. Is it possible that you are not cutting them into 2 exactly equal pieces? If you're not using a pill cutter I would recommend you pick one up, they are just a few bucks at the drugstore.

The other likely reason is that the cut tablets are digested and absorbed into your body faster, so taking two half tablets may start working quicker than one half tablet and one whole one.

Just my two cents!

Comment

Working...
    X