B4a - Baclofen - side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've taken some very wise advice, and I'm splitting my threads up.
    Here, just tell me about the side effects that you have got through Baclofen

Phill

Hi Phill,

I have only had sleepiness at 30 mg. per day.

Comment

Rusty;932997 wrote: Hi Phill,

I have only had sleepiness at 30 mg. per day.
      Fantastic.
      Tell us when you started and how you are doing.
      I'm proud of you.

Comment

I just bumped an extensive thread on this subject for you, Phill.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

thanks
          Phill

Comment

dr.phillip.thomas@hotmail.com
            And for nothing

Comment

Started on Baclofen May 6th with 15 mg/day for the first three days. No side effects.

Went up to 30mg/day. Initially felt a little a little imbalanced for a day or two, but then no side effects. Stayed on 30mg/day for two weeks.

Went up to 60mg/day (slowly over a week), and here is where I experienced more "joy" out of life. I wouldn't say I was "high", but I felt a sense of ease and comfort I haven't experienced really ever in my life. I think this is where Baclofen zapped my anxiety. Again, a little imbalance and mild sleepiness for a day or two, but not bad. Stayed on 60mg for a couple of weeks.

Went up to 80mg/day in one day (just took another 20mg) and felt a slight imbalance for a day, but adjusted quickly. No extra sleepiness.

Now up to 100mg/day and no side effects.

I'm so sorry to read that others on here have a hard time even staying awake. My SEs have been incredibly mild, and I feel fortunate.

Daz

Comment

Phill, I know you are just trying to be helpful, but we already have a side effects thread and we try real hard to keep them all in the same place, it serves as a useful resource.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...fen-35375.html
                Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Bump - Dr. Phil's baclofen comments.

Comment

Anyone who wants *useful* and *current*information written by actual doctors and scientists about baclofen side-effects should proceed directly to: https://www.mywayout.org/community/me...ml#post1641949
                    TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

bump
                      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Working...
                      X