Alternative to Baclofen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative to Baclofen?

Does anyone have any experience with this supplement as an alternative to bac? It does sound interesting and I did read about it recently having benefit for alcoholism but sadly cannot find the article.
    Picamilon 50 mg - Neuro nutrition - SuperSmart

I am thinking of giving it a try, who knows it may be of benefit without the SE's of Baclofen.

Alternative to Baclofen?

Scot,

It is simply Niacin and GABA.

You can purchase both at any health store. Niacin is very inexpensive.

You can also buy GABA here at MWO and it is a very good supplement.

Niacin does help with alcohol withdrawal because us alcoholics are usually very deficient in the B vitamins due to liver issues and drinking.

GABA is one of those chemicals we have messed with due to drinking, also, but there is some controversy about the supplement crossing the blood brain barrier.

You will note it said helps with alcohol withdrawal. It did not say it helped with alcohol cravings. A very different animal.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Alternative to Baclofen?

ps. Have you read RJ's book on the site? These and other supplements are discussed in great detail.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Alternative to Baclofen?

Hi Cindi,

Thanks for the information, I was a bit sceptical about this supplement but was curious on it's effect with Al addiction.
        No I haven't read RJ,s book, think I may get a copy now though.

Just bought 7 weeks to sobriety on amazon as I know from past experience, hypoglycaemia is a bit of a nightmare going from my experience last year, though better than an alcoholic nightmare by far!

Thanks again
        Best wishes

Scot

Comment

Working...
        X