Baclofen a big hit on this website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to the doc later this week to get a script for Baclofen( hoping it will help me with my anxiety), but what's funny is I came to this website after reading the book No Way Out-
    and going on the drug Topomax(which does very well for cravings, with the exception of making me a little dopey!)

So after being 28 days AF, and reading a bunch of posts, I'm getting the impression that alot of you like the Bac more than the Topa.(I guess I will find out for myself soon enough.)

Oh Well... I'm just glad I found this site & info & am not drinking:thanks:

Congrats havefaith on 28 days AF!

I hope Baclofen works for you, as it has for me.

Daz

Comment

HaveFaith,

:welcome: I am curious, are you planning on taking the Baclofen and the Topa together?

Baclofen makes you very sleepy, just a warning.

There is a thread on here about the side effects of Baclofen.

I am absolutely not trying to dissuade you from taking Baclofen but I am curious why you would if you have had such success with Topa?

btw, I take Baclofen and love it. I could not take Topa, I am very allergic to it. The one of two drugs I have ever taken I am allergic to.

In any event, I am glad you are here and I hope you continue to find Your Way Out. Sobriety is such a precious gift. Hang on to it.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi,
        The topa works well, just not for the anxiety, so i'm hoping I will be able to find one script that will kill two birds with one stone(such an alchoholic, always wanting the quickest fix-ha!)
        PS- How much should I start off with?
        I'm on 75mg of Topa.

Comment

Working...
        X