Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking Baclofen forward

Leaving?

That was the idea. It was becoming very addictive but I enjoy it too much... so I will just try to moderate.

I have been spending more time on other sites such as Baclofene, the French site to see if there is anything helpful there. My main aim is to try to get some interest going here in the UK.
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Taking Baclofen forward

Otter, I think your plans for a UK website on Baclofen and alcoholism are great. I remember when I decided I had to find some help in the UK for alcoholism and finding nothing much other than the ancient AA website ... I like the fact that you don't set yourself up as an expert on the site but yet provide people with clear comprehensive information. I think what you've done is fantastic.:goodjob:

Comment

Taking Baclofen forward

Thanks

You made my day!
        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Taking Baclofen forward

Re: Baclofen for Addiction - Baclofen UK

Here is an email which has been sent to me. I hope it gets some results. I think it shows that you can, we can all, do something which will make a difference. Alcoholism is a big problem and a serious illness and any government official would be very unwise to ignore a development as important as Baclofen.

Reference: T13996/10 September 2010

Dear Mr ,

Thank you for your e-mail of 4 August to the Home Office about a website
          relating to the treatment of alcohol and addiction in the UK. Your e-mail
          has been passed to the Direct Communications Unit and I have been asked to
          reply.

Details of this website have been passed to Home Office policy officials
          and I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Yours sincerely,

M Ahmed-Ali
          Direct Communications Unit
          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Taking Baclofen forward

Otter,
            Life IS too short! You are on the right track. Millions of us are living in a foggy pain that is not necessary. We all need to keeping fighting for our own and other's sobriety because we can beat this!
            Thank you again!
            TayTay

?KNOWING YOURSELF means being able to separate the true from the false in yourself - love from emotion, joy from sentiment, Will from desire.? ~Barry Long quotes

Comment

Working...
            X