New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:yeah:Forgot to mention this is the end of day 6.
    :hitme:
    Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

My mood's still quite low but considering what a high I've been on I think its probably just normal now. Sunny, can you tell me the name of that magnesium supplement? I've always had bad PMS and when I was in London last during winter I sometimes stayed in bed 3 times of the month as it made me so depressed in conjunction with the SAD.

My mom's not doing too badly and I got her a cancellation appt at her pdoc as she is going on maternity leave (!) Mom's on several medications and have been hospitalised twice so we have her monitored and have tried everything except shock treatment, something she is very scared of, probably rightly so.

I haven't spoken to bf yet. He is probably under a lot of stress and he did act out of character but then so am I for not talking to him. I don't really want to talk about it now. Perhaps I just want him to have some time to think about the way he's been acting.

Sunny, you old sneaky tart, I always assumed the B stood for Butt as people usually use an A in that long thingamagig that stands for Ass. here I thought you had a problem saying Ass and meanwhile back at the ranch... You know what perhaps we should laugh more about the things that sometimes makes us cry. Life is tough enough, I like your tude. I hope you found something in all your research yesterday and loads and load of luck at the docs today. :l

Mimi - you're on a roll arent ya? You and Wild and anyone who plans on abstaining the only other thread I write on daily is this one:
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ml#post1303152 in the Monthly abstinence section.

They post shorter bits and sometimes several times a day so its good to visit if you feel a wobble coming on like I felt like I wanted to drink on Sunday but they gave me some good advice and I knew they would kick my butt if I did.

Some half way comic relief - I wonder what the girl said that was so funny:

Wildflowers
      - I was also wondering about that thread or you can try and resurrect it from the past. I think many of us mentioned that Topa is a subtle change. It doesnt slap us across the face like Antabuse but rather makes us leave glasses of wine in the kitchen, makes us 'forget' where we put it. But we have to work with it. I started out much like WTE with 2 bottles a night. If I really wanted to I could still drink 2 bottles of night. Yes, it would be harder to do and yes my hangovers would be harder but I would still get drunk and I would still chill out and sometimes I would still have fun. By doing this I'm obliterating any chance Topa have of rewiring my brain and my habits as it doesnt have a magic wand and a pointy hat. Well, thats my take on it. I think WTE's account of her drinking is a very good example of how one can work with Topa's subtle suggestion to make it work for you.

WTE
      , you have a big day too. Go kick some traitor butt, will ya? You don't have for Flickr, its free. Well perhaps you had a premium membership but mine's free. Then you just go to the photo and click on share...well I'll explain when you get there and perhaps you know already. Sending some positive energy your way for the court case.:l

Space
      , looks like we have a bit more in common than we thought with taking care of mothers and stuff. Except mine is OK half the time. You should actually put your foot down. Why does she have to watch tv during your visit? I mean if she only sees you once a week I think its perfectly OK for her to not watch tv for an hour or two. Anyway, let me not muddle in the messiness of family bonds an boundaries.

Did you know that you could grow veggies form supermarket veg? I love cherry tomatoes and half a pack went slightly bad so I pierced them all with a knife and squeezed all the pips into my veg garden. They are easy to grow and perfect for pots. You can also grow gem squash, butternut, green pepper and sweet potato from store bought veg. (well basically any veg with pips)

Houtx - I almost forgot about you until I forgot to copy and paste and then it made me sign in. Arg! but then I just pressed the back button and it was all waiting for me So sorry about your aunt hon. These things really get to us. Sorry to harp on but are you still going to order some all one and topa?

Cheerio everyone, have a great day.

XOX

PS: Sunny -
      My eye just caught your first entry on this thread and it was about Celexa not Topa. Odd, hey? Oh, and I was never going to dismantle this thread. I don't think it is possible to delete threads. I was just suggesting opening a 'part II' but I've left that crazy idea behind.

Comment

Quick post 'cos I want to get out in the garden - but just got back from the doc - I told her about the thoughts that it HAD been withdrawals from coming off the celexa, and as I thought, she didn't say much (it was her that took me off it and onto the low dose of lexapro). Also told her that I want to come off the Lexapro - she said I could just STOP IT!!!!! I Laughed at her and said "After all I have just been through? There is no way I am just stopping it!". She said I could wean off it by taking 1 every other day for a week. if I need to I can take Rhodiola. (My thoughts, not hers). Anyway I will be back later to post and answer your posts. need to get outside while it is nice..... feel pretty good now - in fact the best I have felt in quite some weeks - back later and lorry loads of love and hugs to all, :l:l

Sun XXX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

What is wrong with me I just lost another long post and I cant be arsed writing another one right now,

I hope everyones ok and I will write more later when Im more in the mood

xxx

Comment

I think I may have just broken up with my bf. Well, I told him that I am no longer the person who I was when we met and that I have grown to love myself and that I deserve more. I deserve someone who live life to the full, take responsibility for his actions, and is there for for me when I need him. I also told him I can no longer stand by and watch him drink so much. This can either go the right way in that he finally hears what I've been saying in less aggressive tones for 3 months now or he can get very upset and just refuse to speak to me again.

Comment

Just wanted to stop bye and say "Hi" while the little one is sleeping.

Yay for day 7...

I will keep moving forward....
              :hitme:
              Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Dizzy are you ok? this will go whichever way it goes but you are right to speak up for yourself, you do deserve to be heard little sweet dizzy, I am thinking of you xxx

Comment

Whoa Diz - hope the "breakup" goes ok. I'm so sorry...and going to send this to make sure I am on -

Comment

Yay - ok...

Anyway, DIZ - so interested to hear more on this. Sorry but happy you took charge and did what you needed to do. I have had some glasses of wine and going off to bed...will comment later.

So many good posts... same message as above. Will comment later -

Comment

T-h-i-r-t-y

Hi everyone

Lucky thirty, eh? Well looks with bf issues that I made it with the skin of my teeth. I don't know what will happen now. I achieved my goal. Do I want to go for 60? Do I want to take a week off and do another 30?

Here is some cake for everyone:

I know the abbers will hate the second idea but I feel a little monster inside me and I feel the need to test the Topa a bit. I do want to do another 30 days though because

30 days sober has caused me to:
                      • Lose 3kg and be much less bloated
                      • Gain energy and enthusiasm to DO things
                      • Improve my memory (it was awful and I'm already called Dizzy for a reason)Be more calm and sleep betterHave much clearer skin and eyes - I look 2 years youngerWake up with a song in my heart instead of a dreading hangover

I won't drink today though, as its part of the 3-0.

I would like to thank each and every one of you for the part you played in helping me achieving my goal.

I still think we should implement an alcohol free day once a week. There is also a chat room on this site if anyone's ever in dire need for help or advice.

Yes, the bf saga continues but I'm eerily calm about it. Maybe its the calm before the storm. I told him that I need someone who lives life to the full, someone who mans up and takes responsibility for his mistakes, someone who doesnt turn to alcohol for everything that goes wrong. I'm the one that changed, not him, but there are thousands of 40-something alkies in the UK he can choose from if he doesnt like where I'm coming from

Thanks for listening to my crap.

Let me go translate some stuff.

Have a super day.

:h:h:h

Comment

Dizzy?s Post That Pic Tutorial

Dizzy’s Post That Pic Tutorial

Post a Joke Pic (seriously)

[list type=decimal][*]Go to google and type in ‘funny dog google images’ (well anything + google images)[*]Click on Images in the left hand bar[*]Click on the pick you want[*]On the right-hand bar you will see a blue link called Full-size image , click on this[*]Now copy the URL – the bit at the top that reads as follows in this case: http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.c...ng-instead.jpgGo to the thread and where you want to insert it click on the ‘insert image’ button (its the one of a little mountain with a yellow background)A box will appear with http: in it, delete the http:// and paste your link you copied above and press OK.You should have a pic, just make sure you don’t have two http:// in there , all that little insert image tab does is add [img] to the beginning of your link and [/img] to the end so in my box it will now look like this [img] a href=[/img] (without the spaces after the img and before the img as if I leave that in the damn dog pic would appear.Whala! All done. Contact me if you experience problems.[/list type=decimal]

If you want to go the Flickr way, speak to the teacher after the class or see this link: Flickr: Help: Sharing

Comment

Dizzy's Post the Link Tutorial

Which brings me to the next lesson

How to post that damn Link
                          [list type=decimal][*]First find the website link you want to include.[*]Copy the URL i.e. if I want to remind WTE how to share her Flickr photos I will copy Flickr: Help: Sharing[*]Click on ‘Insert link’ – the image of the Globe with the link in front of itPaste your link in here Flickr: Help: SharingClick OK[/list type=decimal]
                          It should appear like this:
                          Flickr: Help: Sharing

And after taking the time to post this damn tutorial I figured out you can just paste the damn link as is.
                          :durn:
                          The website link is that bit at the top that starts with http://www. or just www. for those of you that don't know...

Comment

A Big Congrats on 30 days of continuous sobriety to our smart, beautiful, sweet, spunky, funny, loving, one of a kind DizzyBee!!!.... Keep It UP!!!!..... : ) :goodjob:

PS. I Replied To Your PM. Please let me know if you received it.
                            :l :h

Comment

:thanks:
                              Yes I have, thank you for your kind words, now go to bed and sleep well, I will speak to you in the morning. :h

Comment

I always wanted to know how to post a link so thanks for the lesson Miss Dizzy, I am looking at the apple for my teacher here but dont know how to do the pic yet, please dont give me a detnetion for not doing that lesson and my homework being late tho.

Im up for an alcohol free day once a week but I dont want to put pressure on anyone else, I would hate for anyone to feel bad about themselves and feel left out if they didnt do it. I dont bother with the general threads so I wont be joining in there. Maybe we could start another thread on here called AF Tuesday or something like that.

xx

Comment

Working...
                                X