New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to ask, I keep putting off strarting topa for whatever reason, so can I take my first dose now at 8.30pm? why do you say in the afternoon

Comment

Yes, take it at night is fine, that is what I do, bedtime. Now, tomorrow, expect some tingling in your lips and maybe your fingers, and if you are like me you might say , bottle of water rather than glass of water, but at least you are at home and not at work, but don't freak out, just stay at your computer and we will do te same, you will have fun, really, it is not bad at all Space, promise.

Play

Comment

I just cut a 25mg tab in half, or should I have taken it all, the schedule says 25mg but someone told me to do 12 1/2 for the first day.

Comment

Now Space, for the first two days or three you will feel kind of very serious, or focused, or like not smiling, that doesn't make sense I know, and that feeling will pass, so don't let it scare you, the SE are not much more than this, also the first few days you might feel a bit confused at times but it passes also, I promise, just take your 25 mg at night for the first week, you might even feel a strange feeling of disinterest within the first 3 days it can happen.

Write to me about anything you feel freaked about, I will be here, we are in the same time zone.
          Play

Comment

That's ok, it doesn't matter at all, just go from there, it is a very small dose either way, don't be afraid, it is fine.

Comment

You can even do your half tab for the first week if you want to, it doesn't matter.

Comment

Thanks Play I only got 10 tabs anyway so I will have to do 1/2 for the first week until the net lot come.

Comment

Space, Topa has been used for a very long time for migraines and many many people take it with really good results and very few side effects. The standard dose for migraines is 100mg per day and people really have been given their lives back by this drug as opposed to having absolutely debiliting migraines that last for days on end, so I trust it more than some other drugs out there.

Comment

If you pills don't come in a week there is no problem with stopping taking them until they come.

Comment

Space, I'm going to PM my phone number to you in case you need me during the night.

Comment

So you know that flat feeling, you will get that at first on the Topa but it goes away just in a fe days so don't worry about it, it will be the citalpram really not the Topa after the first few days. Hey, text my SF number if you need me tonight or call, I guess I will go to sleep, talk in the morning, I'm thinking of you.

Comment

Hi there space - I had NO SE's at all with my first dose of 25mg apart from the tingling...... that is great that Play is in the same time zone as you though..... When I took mine at first I took it at bedtime in case it made me sleepy - it didn't do much of anything to begin with though..... good luck with it.....:l:l

love and hugs, sun XX
                          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

testing

hope it goes thru

Comment

Hi space, how are you this morning?

Comment

Yay -

It's late and again, too much to comment on...COS: hope alls well w/ you and yours

WTE - not sure what the ruckus is about "Buddy"....so will go back and reread

I went out last night w/ a guy who had dropped off the radar screen...he is a really nice guy, and very much in to me now...I'm like "Ehhhhhhh" and feeeling guilty. Will post more later. It's late and I'm woozy! Nite nite ~

Comment

Working...
                                X