No announcement yet.

New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see people on this thI am read. I miss the support. I am taking Nal and struggling. I am on month 9 and don't see much difference.

Comment

You really need to be posting on TSM website Meggie ..... and although you are 9 months in, you still have to remember - patience and faith - it WILL work! I thought it was never going to work for me too but never gave up - there simply was no alternative for me. Are you trying to have AF days? are you drinking mindfully? please post on the other site and start a thread - I am sure that folk will post if you reach out!

Sun x
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

deleted
        Last edited by Spellers; September 18, 2016, 12:52 PM. Reason: privacy concerns

Comment

thesinclairmethod.com • Index page

There you go - and if you have any questions please feel free to PM me

hugs, sun
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

deleted
            Last edited by Spellers; September 18, 2016, 01:23 PM. Reason: privacy concerns with this site

Comment

That is a sound plan that you have Spellers - I do know someone else who took Bac and naltrexone then stopped the nal as she felt it wasn't doing anything for her but the Bac has helped. I think my only issue with the Bac is that - and correct me if I am wrong here, but don't you have to take it for life? I am really glad that you have had no problems with the Nal - and it sounds as if you know what you are doing with it all - well done and so happy that things are working for you.

Hugs, Sun

Comment

deleted
                Last edited by Spellers; September 18, 2016, 12:51 PM. Reason: privacy concerns

Comment

deleted
                  Last edited by Spellers; September 18, 2016, 01:20 PM. Reason: privacy concerns with this site

Comment

That is so good to hear Spellers - the nal can and does take a long time to actually work though - I mean, it feels as if it is working but it can take a year or more to actually extinguish those endorphin pathways - so although Nal is for life (like Bac), one tends to not want to drink - I still am totally bemused about me not wanting to drink! Hubs was going out for the day the other day - and I was off work that day, and my knee jerk reaction was 'Oh good, I will have a few" then laughed at myself - I do not WANT a few! Do not want ONE! I like how much you think through everything and seem to actually want this! Good for you,

Hugs, Sun

Comment

deleted
                      Last edited by Spellers; September 18, 2016, 01:20 PM. Reason: privacy concerns with this site

Comment

The Nal will still work eventually Spellers - it will just take a lot longer as it works by extinguishing those pathways - and with only drinking 5-6 times a year it might take years for you! Sorry! It took 11 months for me and I was a daily drinker! But it doesn't harm you so go ahead and do it.....if you only drink 5-6 times a year why are you taking the nal? Is it to be able to eventually stop the bac?

Comment

Some people have had it work quicker, in only a few drinking sessions. It's certainly worth taking and some do use it with Baclofen. The beauty of TSM is that the medication only needs be taken when you drink, unlike baclofen which has to be taken continuously.
                          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

I am on week 6 of taking Nalmefene,what is prescribed in England for TSM and I'm not seeing any reduction in my drinking or my craving for it.Is it to early to expect any reduction or do people think it's not working for me?

Comment

deleted
                              Last edited by Spellers; September 18, 2016, 01:19 PM. Reason: privacy concerns with this site

Comment

Originally posted by nicnak68 View Post
                                I am on week 6 of taking Nalmefene,what is prescribed in England for TSM and I'm not seeing any reduction in my drinking or my craving for it.Is it to early to expect any reduction or do people think it's not working for me?
                                Nicnak - are you taking it TSM? As in taking it an hour before drinking - at least an hour? I cannot remember which one it is but some say it is best to wait 90 mins - cannot remember if that is with Nalmafene.....what was your intake pre TSM? (well, now too if you say that your drinking has not changed). Have you been tracking so you know exactly what your intake was and is now? The craving did not change for me - as such - but the amount I drank did go down slightly the first few weeks - it did go back up again but never to pre TSM levels. How much were you drinking before? Hang in there .....

Comment

Working...
                                X