New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruun - it will be interesting to see what you think of the Carr book - I read them the other way round and much preferred the Carr one - Vale worked with Carr and borrowed a lot of stuff from carr !! There is a lot of repetition but I just prefer the way that carr writes. I do understand the not romancing the AL - but I don't think I do that anyway. I think AL is a pain in the rear! LOL Oh dear!! The demon beast. we will beat it one day my friend, one day.....

hugs to you - have a wonderful day :l

Love, Sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to you all here my friends - quiet though it is - I hope that you all have a wonderful day giving thanks for all we have and all we are blessed with.

Love and hugs, Sun XXX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving day to you Sun and all who read here. I'm glad to have you here with me on this path.

Comment

Oh Bruun - me too - thank you ! And I now have a friend who is texting me each day to remind me to take my 2nd Topa!!! What a friend - eh? So I should start to see results hopefully. I easily kept to 2 a few days running then Daughter brought the grands over last night after a long day in retail - the saturday after Thanksgiving as soon as I got home. I had 3 1/2, which is still okay - but I did actually make the decision to have the extra - my body was saying no.

I think this is becoming the Bruun and Sun thread- WHERE is everyone????? Come on people - we would love to know how you are all doing - and share with us........

How are things going with you too Bruun? You haven't said much of anything lately - what is going on with you? Would love to hear from you.....

Hugs, Sun XXX

Comment

Hi Sun,

I've been out of town with family the last few days, back now. Snuggling in with hte crisp weather out there, feeling the holidays upon us and its a good thing this year, for a change. How about you? Retail must be getting crazy for you!

Comment

Steady here, no improvements. Will try to post more this week.

Comment

HI MIDNIGHT!!! Lovely to see you! Steady is good......
                Bruun - yes, retail is crazy - but at least we are busy which is good. How are you doing? you didn't say....

Hugs, sun XX

Comment

I'm okay, not too bad but not great. I'm going to take my green stuff today, for sure!

Yes, retail busy is required, something like 80% of sales is done between now and end of Dec. Crazy!

Comment

Thanks Sun for the nice Hi. Still steady...never more than 5.5 no matter what time of day I start or weekend or what. Typical has been 4.5 which is just more than I want but somehow less than I expected to climb to with stress. I don't ever crave more, and am having a light beer in general. Feeling a bit down tonight though as my therapy is still going nowhere, and my SO asked tonight if I will ever drink less. SO doesn't actually have a clue what I drink, and I take care of everything around here, financially and otherwise...sigh. Just a question to you guys...do your spouses/equivalents/loved ones have any idea? What I mean is that I still get the question of why can't I just drink one or two, or could I please drive tonight, and I don't ever know how to answer those questions but blank stare or walk away.

Comment

Midnight, mine never had any idea, but I never lived with them either. Since you take care of everything, they won't notice the money, the shopping the other related effort that goes into having your stash. My cousin lived with me for a while and she had no idea.

Comment

Hey Bruun and Midnight - Midnight, I know what you mean about being steady - mine tends to stay steady too.... as far as your SO - I think it just makes you want to drink more when anyone asks that - like when Hubs asks if I am ever going to quit smoking - it just puts my hackles up. My hubs drinks more than me, so I don't have the drinking problem like you do with your SO. I don't think there is anything you can answer to it to be honest. Has your intake gone down at all? If it has, then SO should know that you are trying at least and it will take time. As long as it isn't going up, and it isn't causing problems, why the worry? Are you trying to get down more? I always am! I have decided although I don't like the closing shifts in lots of ways, in one way I do - I only ever have two drinks that night. then go to bed. I don't drink much more than that other days, but it is more. What are you aiming for? I know everyone here says it - but do you have a plan? Hope you are feeling a bit better today - those down feelings are dreadful aren't they....... hugs to you :l:l

love, Sun XX

Comment

Hello Ladies,

Voila le weekend! Thought of you just now, Sun, I was mixing up my fiber drink (flaxseed, psyllium, DE) and threw in that green powder, zowee, this time I remembered to really mix it WELL because last time I had a couple of powder kegs explode in my mouth which made the mess even harder than usual to swallow. This morning I did it right, downed it, am hoping to feel happier today by way of feeling better....

Cheers all, have a nice weekend. :l

Comment

Aawwww Bruun - I hope you feel happier too - I have heard that Gaba can help - ROTFLMBO !!! Seriously - what's up? Re mixing in the gereen powder - I use my magic Bullet - the green powder REALLY needs a good blender - one cannot mix it in my hand!! I wish I could suggest a way for you to take it with all the other stuff that you take that would make it good - I enjoy mine and really miss it if I don't have it. Mine is just so yummy. Hope you have a good Sunday My friend :l:l

Sun XX

Comment

Sun, I use my milk frother to mix my fiber and green powder. I just need to do it 15 seconds longer for the powder to get dissolved, and down the hatch. Doesn't matter if it tastes crappy, that makes other stuff taste that much better!

Comment

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back and update. I am now taking 75 mg. of topamax(25 in the a.m. and 50 at night). I have definitely noticed a reduced craving for alcohol and food! The most bothersome side effects are the the tingling in the hands and feet (esp. at night) and the total brainless feeling. I confuse my words a lot and am quite forgetful, but it is worth it to not have the awful cravings. I have cut my alcohol intake by more than half and can even abs on days if I wish. I am able to have just a couple glasses of wine at night instead of the usual six or ten like before!

Any one else experiencing this?

Comment

Working...
                                X