New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houtx, see you worked off 2 lbs just being pissed off, haha. (I'm PO'd too right now -- stepdaughter issues, she's such a b**** to me no matter how hard I try to do stuff for her and I'm using it as an excuse to drink more, unfortunately...). With the Rogaine, you're supposed to do it twice a day in the areas you lose hair. I don't know where those areas are, so I just put the foam where my part lines are, one on particular that seems to be getting wider. I wash my hair every other day so it's okay the first day, but by the second it gets a little sticky, nothing too bad though.

Comment

soda pop

Still here... Glad to see everyone i sstill at it.

...funny. Until I just read, I didn't know that a SE was soda tasting flat..lol. My bf and I thought I was going nuts....although that remains to be seen, at least I know my soda really does tast flat...at least to me
      TayTay

?KNOWING YOURSELF means being able to separate the true from the false in yourself - love from emotion, joy from sentiment, Will from desire.? ~Barry Long quotes

Comment

Lost the puffiness in my face!

Morning all,

I've noticed the last couple of mornings that I don't have the usual face-bloat that I get as I sleep. Wow! Kinda cool. Wonder which supp does that. Haven't lost weight, but it's only been 3 days. Went to bed last night at 7:30 and slept through! Topa's whipping me! I feel good today, and I'm not gonna take any Kudzu, 'cause like I said, I think it makes me dizzy/headachy. I'll report back.

Comment

Yesterday was my first AF day in years. IN YEARS.

I don't know if I'll drink today or not. I don't know if I'll drink tomorrow or the next day.

The only thing I know is that I didn't drink yesterday. And I tried so many times the years before. I tried so many things, I read so many books, tried serveral therapists, a few AA meetings, so many things and felt so frustrated, ashamed and disappointed about myself.

I tried many, many
          things and couldn't have even ONE
          AF day.

Yesterday night I was very thirsty. I served myself a glass of water and took out the bottle of vodka.
          Drank the water and thought: "I really don't want vodka, I want more water."
          Put away the vodka, drank more water and went to bed.

Slept well (wake up a few times) and here I am today.

I don't know how to feel. I'm very happy and very (don't know what to expect)

Comment

Airam, congratulations, that is great news!!

Comment

Airam-
              I Loooooove hearing this kind of news!

Comment

I'm SO MAD & HURT!

So, my hubby's been out of town A LOT lately, and got back in last night. I had visions of either us going out for dinner or me making a nice dinner tonight. I just called him to see what he'd like for dinner - he "doesn't care, could eat leftovers, whatever". He'd been napping. I know he works hard when he's gone, but I feel SO neglected, and that makes me want to turn to my friend that's always there, red wine. I'm at work, my throat is tight, my eyes are watering up, and I just want to get drunk.:upset:

Comment

I'm sorry Sassy, men are so clueless sometimes, I sure he loves you but he has no idea.

We love you here and understand you. We send you a big hug. :hug:

Comment

Thank you have faith and hopingforbetter. This is a great community.

Comment

Wow ? I feel like I have been gone forever from here - I have been so busy! Amazing how much you can get done when you are not buzzed all the time! HA!

Houtx ? aww Darlink ? sorry you had a dumper day of it. Hell, we?ve been through some real trials haven?t we? But I don?t know how you can have that wine in staring at you and NOT drink it! I can?t be that strong.

And not everyone loses weight either. In fact, I think this time around, the whole damn thing is different for me and I doubt I will be shedding much weight. The again, last time I was drinking through the Topa, and when I drink a lot I just don?t eat quite as proper and lost what little appetite I had. I thought you had said just a short time ago you were feeling that ERR feeling too???

Sun & Hoping ? Thanks for your thoughts on the dosage thing while in Greece. I leave on Wednesday and will be gone for 2 weeks. I?m currently at 50/50 and suppose to move up to 50/100 here in a few days. But to honest ? doing pretty good where I am at. Thinking about keeping it all on hold but taking extra with ma and if I feel I need to move up - do it there.

Aww Sassy ? Guys don?t get it. Not when they are tired .. and if was napping. They are such little boys at times. But oh, I so understand that ?good old friend? ?

Airam,!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! Congratulations! I was in your shoes just last week and COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! It has also been years for me to make an AF day. Trust me when I say that getting that first one under your belt, is an amazing beginning. I don?t fight for an AF any morning I get up. I allow myself to drink if I want to and promise myself I will limit it to 2 if I do. Then somehow I keep on find more days that I just don?t go buy that wine.

Still at work so have to close for now ? hang in there all. We will make it!

And Houtz .. stay away from HB!! Gawd .. talk about a TRIGGER!!! LOL

Comment

Not a lot of time - but WONDERFUL NEWS AIRAM! At least it is starting to kick in - I am so pleased for you - isn't it a wonderful feeling? Don't worry if you still have the odd one - eventually, you end up not having any - to go one day initially is really good - must make you feel as if it is coming together you you - great news!

Sassy - sorry you are feeling so hurt - but as Airam says, men are clueless - they really have no idea what goes through our heads and often have to have it spelled out for them. Don't let it get to you - it doesn't do you any good at all. He has no idea probably why he has upset you.

WTE - you sound as if you know what you are doing with the Topa - just needing confirmation I think?? have a wonderful holiday - and worry about it all when you get back....

Tay - good to see you posting - and havefaith too. 2run and Hoping - how are things going now? Hoping I cannot imagine what it is like to have a SD - I am sure though that it isn't easy. Just hang in there and don't let her make you drink (or use her as an excuse maybe??). The thing is, I can generally find a reason why I should - just let something set me off, and of course, the first thing I want ...is my friend!!

Houtx - hopefully you are feeling better - let us know how things are going won't you.

got to go and start getting ready for work - hugs to you all,

Sun xx
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Airam - WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! Great news!!!!! That's so exciting! I bet you woke up the next morning and grinned at yourself in the mirror, huh???

Sassy - Your hubby sounds just like mine! He can be such a little boy sometimes!! I know they don't MEAN to be self centered but usually it's all about THEM! ha! I had the stomach flu all night weds and all day thurs and had to deal with the kids while throwing up, trying to get them to and from school, the grocery store etc. (I can't call in sick!) and he came home from work at 8 pm after I'd done my day and asked for toast and said he was starting to feel ill. Sigh! And all I wanted was a drink because it made me so sad. . Sometimes they're so clueless!! I hope your hubby realized it later and made it up to you. Mine never really does get it, God love him! (And sorry, Lo0p if you're reading .

WTE - Have a wonderful time in Greece. I love it there!!!

So, I did have an AF day on Thurs and that ended up feeling so good that last night I had maybe 3 small glasses of wine cleaning up after dinner, picking up toys, finishing e-mails etc. and sat down to watch a movie and switched to water. Just REALLY didn't want the wine!!!! Also, for the last 5 or 6 days am over the food thing too! I think I'm down about 4 pounds in 4 weeks.

Anyway, hello to everyone else. Sun, Houtx, Tay (sorry about the soda, sister! ;D), Hoping, Faith... Happy weekend!!!
                          "Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them. Every day begin the task anew." -- St Francis de Sales

Comment

sunshinedaisies;966374 wrote: Oh hout - I am so sorry that you are feeling so cross about everything - you have been on the Topa for 2 months now? Time goes quickly! What are you up to? As far as the weight loss- I hate to say this, but Topa doesn't affect everyone the same - it isn't really for weight loss! (I am glad I am not within firing range). I have no idea what your weight it - what it should be, what you are trying to lose- if you have tried to lose weight before, you KNOW that when you starve the body, it hangs on to every calorie. At the risk of escalating your ire even more - this is for stopping AL. Stop worrying about your weight. One thing at a time. Worry about the Al first. I know - right now, I should stop talking. Sorry - I have always been one to open mouth and insert foot. but I luv ya anyway!! LOL

Sassylassy - lovely to hear from you again - I am so pleased that you are doing okay. Wow - hubs owns a liquor store! that must make things doubly hard.

2run - sorry about your tummy flu - but as you said, it takes care of AL for you the next day!!

I am not being good at all - having my 3 or 4 Guinness every night - even one night when my body said "NO" - I had the first one and after that the rest were easy! I need to get my head in gear with the Topa here. My doc gave me some Naltrexone but I have been scared to take any. I also have Antabuse which I am also scared to take. I have a wonderful doc but I am a wimp. Or a dedicated drinker. Not such a LOL

Hugs to all

sun XX
                            Hi Sun,

JUst thought I would wade in here on your antabuse concern. I took it over a year ago, and like you I was frightened to take. Mainly due to the fact that if I drank on it I would get very ill. Well as time went by and I became really desperate for some al free time, I took it!!! And the minute it was down my throat, I felt the most amazing sense of calm......my obsessive thoughts about drinking stopped imediatley. Incredible, like an epipathany!!! I knew for certain that I didnt have the OPTION to drink and immediatley surrendered to it. I kept taking it daily for about six months and then I ran out of the prescription, my usual doctor left town and I thought I could do it on my own. And I was fine for about two weeks and then started drinking again. I have tried topa, and it worked a treat for two months, then same thing, ran out of the script and tried to do it on my own. I am al free at the moment, but have filled a script for antabuse and my doctor says to use it like first aid. To only take it when I start to get cravings as opposed to all the time. That suits me fine as I am a binge drinker and dont suffer daily cravings, just irresistible urges that appear out of nowhere and not regularly. Perhaps you could take the antabuse when you are really struggling, just to get you over the hump. It doesnt have to be taken daily, and takes effect straight away. I had no side effects at all when taking it. I think that is something else for your liver to process, but then processing litres and litres of wine on a binge is far worse. So if you are looking for al free time without any options at all to drink, consider antabuse at least as a back up. Lets slay the dragon x
                            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

One of the things that I love about this site is that you get help from others when you least expect it! Sapphire - thank you so much for your input. I really do need to think hard about the Ant - I am only on 50mg right now of the Topa, so it is going to be at least another few weeks before it really kicks in for me (if past history is anything to go by). Maybe I should do the Ant in the meantime? It is a very hard decision for me. I have it in my drawer and think of it. Nora C started hers and Mama Bear is getting hers soon - we were all going to start together. I am very dubious about taking it. I so appreciate your posting and talking about it to me. I need to think some more!!

2run - great that you had an AF day - it is an odd feeling I think!! Although once it really kicks in, it doesn't seem so odd any more. Gosh I am so confused. I HATE AL. I am worried that I won't be happy once I stop it again. Sorry - don't know where THAT popped out from. Got to get ready for bed - just got in from work.

hugs to all - Sun xx
                              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Morning Everyone!

Sun ? Yes, I guess it is in part needing confirmation, but also in part confessing that I don?t really understand how this drug works. I?m not clear about the titration schedule and all the reasoning behind it. I HAD thought that dosing up slowly was primarily to avoid SEs. However, your comments from your DR, suggest that there is more to the equation in how this drug effects our systems and just ?quickly ramping up? or jumping in at a high dose may in fact make it LESS effective. (Houtx - I hope you are reading this my friend) Hence, my questions / concerns about my changing doses. I feel ?good? and in an amazing amount of control at 50 /50, and yet I don?t want that sensation to slip away.

I?m not really ?drinking through? the Topa ? at least not very much. In three weeks, going from 2-2.5 bottles of wine a day to this past 7 days of having 4 AF days, 1 sake on one night, 2 glasses of wine out with a friend for a special dinner another night, and then buying and pouring only 2 glasses last night and being able to stop with ease ? has me thrilled.

But I have been careful to not have the Beast in my house at my beck and call. That won?t be the case on my trip, and the GF who is my roommate is a VERY heavy binge drinker. **sigh**. So would I be ?covering my bum? better? Or is that fruitless and am I better off, since I know I will be drinking, and most likely a bit more, to hold and get back on board stronger after I return? I wish I understood this drug better!

2Run ? Congrats on the AF day. Sure feels good in the morning ? doesn?t it?

Sapphire - Interesting about the Anti and how it took away that pressure from you. I had always imagined myself to suddenly ?freak? if the option to drink was pulled out from under me. Great stuff to noodle on!

Off to get my day started. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

WTE

Comment

Working...
                                X