Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and starting Topa and with a question

WTE,

Yes around the block again! Glad you had a great trip! How exciting.
    Do you think I could start on 50? I know you're not an ME but I so want to get started. I thought I could try.

Anybody else and thoughts?

Comment

When I restarted on the Topa this time, I jumped in at a higher level - and it didn't work as well, so ended up going all the way back down then re-started again at the 25 mg level! Just my tuppence worth!! This time it has worked much better.

Hugs, Sun xx
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi everyone! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread and everyone here!

Thanks to everyone for your advice and input on my sleeping and anxiety issues. Sometimes I even feel like someone is messaging my brain, ever so briefly. Weird. However, I will stick it out.

Sun – welcome back even though you didn’t go anywhere. We missed your lengthy posts! And yes, WTE, I did say Beotch, SO jealous of your amazing trip. Welcome back. Looking forward to your regular postings. Airam – get back to the generic pills, can’t beat a tried and true thing, for whatever reason they seemed to work for you.

I ordered a bunch of the 25 mg. from online and went up to 50 mg. this afternoon as per “the schedule”. Damn if I’m not going to have to sit down with a pen, paper and calculator and figure out how many pills I have to last me for how long and when I am going to have to reorder. Geesh this is a complicated life. Haha. So it seems that 25 mg. is the cheapest way to purchase – any input on that?

1.27 for 10 pills of 25 mg (= 5.08 for 1000 mg)
        4.50 for 10 pills of 50 mg (= 9.00 for 1000 mg)
        6.90 for 10 pills of 100 mg. (= 6.90 for 1000 mg) all Johnson and Johnson brand from All Day Chemist.

Does anyone order from anywhere cheaper?
        Claremont
        343633 27
        25 28
        1 year of Nal November 24. Started Topa/Nal October 5

Comment

Hi Claremont - I know that my pharmacy always gives me the 25mg rather than 50 - says it works out cheaper for me - go figure. as far as doing your maths for you - sorry! I know that once I am on the 100 and the 50 then they switch to 100 and 50 rather than the 25's but at the beginning, all they give me are 25's. Don't know if that helps, but up to week 6, which is when I see my doc again, I have all 25 mg! I went up to 100 mg today and have some 100 mg tabs from before so took that instead of the 4 x 25 but had just been given the others til I see the doc. Even my doc had to sit down with a calculator and do the same thing!!

Hugs, Sun xx
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY So happy to have everyone here again! But where is 2run?! Hope alls well with our missing galpals. We cannot comment on everyone's posts everytime, but suffice to say, I too LOVELOVELOVE reading all the posts and various support.

Before I say anything else - tonight I am RIVETED to the TV with the coverage of the miners' rescue in Chile!! I have never been so glued to the TV over something since Baby Jessica 20+ years ago. Isn't it incredible?!

Ok - real quickly, I'm calling my new man "John Wayne"!! LOL That's suddenly who he reminded me of today with his latest email and phone call. OMG. He is the utmost gentleman and yet sexy and provocative...I wrote him some pretty stupid stuff over the weekend......yet he is still "into me" and "can't wait to see me, babe"..."wherever and whenever is convenient for you and your driving"...He can blow smoke in my face (and up my a**) and I still think he has won me :-)) Will keep you posted on tomorrow. I am soooooooooooooo excited!! And girls...I DESERVE this!! Keep your fingers crossed :thanks:

Comment

Hey All! Well .. Here we go again!

I had planned on “restarting” at 50mg today. The past day and half I am still suffering from jet lag and really have not eaten right as I thought **sigh** I had a dinner date last night – but that cancelled. So a bit concerned about 50 mg and having to work late today.

I think I may jump in at the suggested 25 mg for a few days and then go up. July, I had nearly no issue with starting at 50mg, but I then held to that for almost 2 weeks. When the slight headaches went away (very slight) I moved up and then held again. It was AMAZING to me how it worked this time around!

I can’t seem to find my old posts of when I took Topa before and was here. I can see posts from Oct & Nov of 2006 (does that SUCK or what??) but it was when I was doing only the Supps and CDs. Can’t remember when I started up on Topa exactly, but it was nothing like this time around.

Trying hard to look forward and not kick myself is the arse too badly for messing up in Greece. I really should have waited until after my trip – but oh well .. water under the bridge now. Tis a new day and new week and I am loving that the sound of wine is not all that appealing right now. Poured a small bottle of vodka out this AM which I bought when I got home on Monday.

I know that most likely I will drink today. I know myself well enough that if I put too much restriction on myself before the Topa has a chance to start working – I simply blow it. Last month I was 12 days into it and had been averaging over 2 bottles of wine a day/night – and dropped to few glasses and then started AFs without issue. Need to keep that in mind and not try to rush this. Wish me luck! =)

Hang in there everyone! And hugs.

And Houtx – You go Chickie! He sounds darling .. Match?

Comment

WTE - you need to check out sugardaddie.com Don't laugh. There are tons of men looking for more than that and tons of women that are looking for financially secure more evolved men. Houtx I would have mentioned it to you but you have found your John Wayne. And can we please find something else to call him cuz I snicker every time I think of the swagger. Plus, wasn't he gay?

Back to the issue of AL and topa. Sorry I digress. If we suddenly stop topa is it really bad like bac?

Oh, and do we agree to start the pact next Wednesday when everyone is all sorted out?
                Claremont
                343633 27
                25 28
                1 year of Nal November 24. Started Topa/Nal October 5

Comment

Hi all,
                  Been aol for a while, but it's good to read everyone's stories. Houtx, a new dude for you? He sounds fun! The smoking thing isn't that great, but the most side-busting laughs I ever had was with a guy who smoked. We are still friends today and he still cracks me up. Maybe he'll smoke outside for you. And some AF days, too -- you got it going on!

Sassy, I can relate to your husband pain. I'm married for the second time to a very "stubborn" man. More on that later.

Don't have time to post now, but rooting for everyone!

Comment

Good evening everyone!

Hoping! so good to see you again - how goes things with you? Where are you at with the AL?

WTE. Hope that you are getting over the jet lag - I hate when i get back from overseas and have to get used to the time here again - seems the older I get the longer it takes too, but ti sounds as if you had a wonderful time. don't beat yourself up over the Topa and the drinking - I honestly think it was a foregone conclusion - I know it would have been if it had been me that was going. Just start again and don't worry about it. That is the good thing about AL - we can always start again LOL.

Claremeont - really - sugardaddie.com??? Oh my, how things change. how wonderful though. What a hoot. I have to agree though - I don't think that John wayne really suits him at all - I think Dock House guy sounds better. Re stopping Topa suddenly, I don't think it is really bad - depends on how high a dose you are on - my doc said it was okay for me to go from whatever I was on at the time down to 25 mg - the main trouble with stopping cold turkey was the worry of seizures but that was for folk that were on it for prevention of seizures - I think. I AM NOT A DOCTOR YADA YADA YADA. Why??? Are you stopping it? And yes, next Wednesday is good for me.

I did go up to the 100 mg on Tuesday but take it in the am rather than the pm dose then take the 50 mg mid afternoon. that way I don't get the sleepies. It is odd if I take it at work I am fine, but if I take it at home in the evening I get the sleepies - so I always take it mid afternoon and am fine. So far haven't noticed any real difference - I mean, AL is rather blah to me, but I still suffer it each evening - just two, or when I worked late on Saturday, just had the one then went to bed but am still at the two each night. But they definitely are not particularly enjoyable. SO, why am I having them I ask myself? I have no answer!

Houtx - Okay - that is two of us that think the moniker John Wayne is a no-no - should we take a vote and ask the others? I agree re the rescue of the miners - I cannot imagine what it has been like for them. And I agree = where is 2run these days?

Airam - how are things going for you too? Check in please - we miss you....it is so nice to have everyone back again - I love coming here and seeing everyone posting! And on that note, I am going to go and start getting ready for bed. early shift tomorrow. Houtx - are you seeing Boat Dock Guy (Dock House?) tomorrow? Let us know won't you? Have fun - be good LOL.

Illuminae - how are you doing? have you got your tabs yet? Let us know. Sassy - how are you feeling? July - let us know too when you get yours won't you - this is great - more folk starting on Topa - it seems that it is becoming popular again!

Hugs to all,

Love, Sun xxx

Comment

Hello Sun (and everyone) and thanks for asking. I got my huge box of supplements and CDs yesterday but not the Topa yet. I'm wondering how many of you did the "whole deal" as far at the hypnotherapy, supplements, and Topa? I'm waiting to get that last bit before starting in earnest, and kinda thinking I'll wait until the weekend after next when my husband is gone again to start to just really focus on it and not have to explain too much in the beginning.

The combo of being a bit sick and all of this moral support has been good for me so far this week. Monday night I had 4 drinks and left a bottle of white wine unfinished! Tuesday night, started out going for AF, but once hubby asked why there was no wine I got some red for each of us, but then I only had 3 drinks and went to bed. (now 2 bottles with wine left in them.) Had some crazy nightmares last night which I've heard can be from Nal + lower AL consumption but still felt fairly good this morning from going to bed at a decent time.

Somewhat back to my regular m.o. tonight since we always eat out on Wednesdays, but even then hubby ordered the bottle of wine with dinner and i think I barely had 2 full glasses of it. And we had fun with the kids the whole time playing movie trivia while at the restaurant. Knew I had the partial bottles at home so didn't stop for any more. I can tell I'm going to finish these dregs off, but that's lighter than a usual Wednesday night so feeling okay.

I'll probably be AF tomorrow night b/c my parents are in town and will be staying with us for a couple of nights (long story there for another time).

So exciting for you gals who are in the dating game, but I'm kinda glad I'm in the married camp and free from those sorts of ups and downs, though I love hearing about the excitement! Looking forward to getting to know some of you other gals that are on this forum.

Thanks for being so welcoming!! :thanks:

Illuminae

Comment

Clairemont ? SugarDaddy? HA! Thanks for the tip, but to be honest I am pretty burnt out on online dating right now. OMG ? the goobers you have to wade through and the lies! Houtx and I have numerous funny stories about online dating and how it turns out. And beside, I can?t help but think (and I may be wrong) that if you are a halfway attractive man and are financially stable and not a nut job ? are you really going to sign up for Sugar Daddy? It seems like it could be a place for all kinds of guys pretending to be something they are not. Besides ? I just want a nice guy that has his chit together. Amazing how hard that seems to be to find!

Also, it?s my understanding that Topa is not dangerous to just stop. Bac is a whole different type of drug. I suppose any drug would be wise to ?taper off ? off if you are taking large doses ? but I don?t think it?s an issue with Topa.

Hey Hoping! Glad you are back around. How?s it all working for you?

Hey Sunshine! Yep ? Agree that it was a no-brainer that I would mess up in Greece. HA! I DID finally get in 8 hours of sleep last night and think the worst of the jet lag is over ? thankfully! Like you, it gets harder as we get older. UGH.

Also agree on Dock Guy (or Boat Dock Guy) rather than John Wayne. HA! GF ? I just do not see you with a John Wayne type at all! We are taking over your life Houtx and naming your men for you now. HA!

Hi Illum ? Four years ago I did the ?big box? of stuff and no Topa. I followed the program to the ?T? and did reduce drinking some ? but not nearly enough. And the CD?s creeped me out. LOL Sorry!

You sound like you are doing REALLY good in cutting back! I will be grateful for the day I can have wine in the frig and not drink it. For me ? if it?s here, it goes POOF. Congrats on the progress already made so far! And yes ? being a bit sick and this forum had me started on a great roll as well. Soon to get back there.

As for the dating game ? it has it?s upside and MAJOR downsides. When I hear people complaining about spouses I am suddenly grateful that I don?t have anyone I need to answer to and can do my own thing as I wish. But then ? in the quiet of the night, it can get pretty darn lonely. I?m dreading the holidays this year as I was dating a great guy last year this time and became very much a part of his family over the holidays. In the long run it wasn?t a good match ? our lifestyles are just too different ? him the major intellect and adores politics and sports, and me the sports chick and would rather be kayaking or rock climbing or fly-fishing and the such. Thankfully good friends now ? but not the same.

So ? never did start back on Topa yesterday as planned. I ad to work late and with the jet lag was dying about 3PM. So today is the day after a good nights rest and a full day of good meals and getting back on track with my vitamins as well.

Hello to everyone else ? just love it here!

Comment

Hello everyone!

I'm so glad to see so many nice people here! 2Run come back!

I still have this thing in my head that I'm not getting the same good effect form the real Topamax than I was getting from the generic. I know, I should just take the generic and that's it, but I'm curious. :H Maybe I'm making this up in my mind ???

I've been drinking everyday since Sunday. Not as much as that day, but I have had cravings and I've had 3 or 4 glasses of wine everyday.
                          Yesterday I took the generic pills again. At night I felt something was different, I still had the cravings but I drank less than one glass of wine and that was it. I didn't want more.

The Topamax bottle I have says: Made in Puerto Rico by Xxxx Topiramate.... 50mg

The generic: Hecho en Argentina por Yyyyyy Topiramato 25 mg

(edited. I thought later that maybe it was better not to put the name of the lab. Not sure...)

I hope it's ok to put that information here.

Do you know where the Topa you are taking is made?

Hugs and thank you!

Comment

My Topa is generic, and I got it here in the US from a pharmacy, and all it tells me is the manufacturer- "TEVA". Looks like it's a US company, or at least has a US presence. Do you have a prescription, Airam?

I had a busy night last night-had to work a little late, CCD (religious education) started up for my 12 year old, and hubbie and I went to an adult study time rather than drive home (I SWEAR I'm not a thumper, you guys!!), so we didn't get home until about 7:30. Out of milk-so I ran to the store while hubby made some dinner. We had a bottle of wine with dinner, and it was OK, but I didn't crave it. More like I needed something to take the heat out of the spicy food. Afterward, I poured myself a (secret) glass of red. I had a few sips, but it didn't even taste good, it was late, and I poured it down the drain. Yeah! Slept well, and felt really good this morning, though I'm tired, probably because it's been a REALLY tough week at work.

Looking forward to the weekend. My hubbie and stepson are going up north, so just my son and I home alone for 3 days-he still thinks I'm perfect. Wonder how much longer that will last? LOL (He's 12).

Probably giving my identity away to anyone who knows me!- I hope to stay reasonable with the drinking this weekend. I hope its the Topa that's kicking in . BTW, I have all the supplements, do them all, have a couple of hynopsis downloads, but have only done them once or twice. Maybe I'll do that again this weekend. I haven't told the hubbie what I'm up to -have the rest of you told your SO?

Sassy.

Comment

Sassy, it sounds like the topa is kicking in!! I'm very happy for you. :l

I haven't told anything to my SO yet.

Comment

Sassy,

My hubby is up North this weekend also..You sound good. How do you feel?

WTE, and everbody

We know the drill...lots of water and supps.

I can appreciate a great nights sleep. I have this terrible cough. It has kept me from working out. It's really slowing me down.

Illum,

I did the supps, CDs and all the goodness the first time around. I enjoyed it. For me, it turned into a time management issue. Although my hubby is out of town on business and I will be dialing in my CDs. For me, it was relaxing.

Waiting for my topa to arrive. I'm going to follow the schedule...I need the 25s and 50s to arrive. Otherwise, I've been making an effort to slow down. And I have. Looking forward to good times and good nights!!

Good night all and good times (without AL being a factor)

July

Comment

Working...
                                X