New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry sun!!! I was responding to your comment on the other wench who said you looked older than you were. You look really fantastic! And frankly I love you with your hair down so I was surprised when you said that you usually wear it up!

Comment

joe12pack;1014676 wrote:

by the way, there's a guy on here who accuses tsm of being a cult, I got pissed and set him straight. sorry to start off here like that but if somebody throws around errant accusations I feel the need to set it straight. he has no argument except "see, I made you angry, therefore you are exhibiting cult like behavior"
      That would be me, tough guy. Cyberstalking now are you? Set me straight? Please. Let's hear it.

If you are here to get solutions for your alcoholism and try Topa, go for it. Don't start fights.

I tried being nice on the other board, but drunk trailer-trash like you think that it is a sign of weakness. You want to sling insults. Go ahead. I'm pretty good at dealing with crud like you in real life.

Comment

BTW, in his other posts, Joe has made clear that he thinks that calling people "bipolar" is an insult, like calling people "fag" or "n**gger". Strange that a drunk would consider bipolar to be worse than alcoholism.

Comment

umm hello to all on this thread.
          i've been reading for a bit & wish not to get into any heated discussions, & i have enjoyed reading a bit about your lives.
          i've posted mainly on the Undies thread (being an Aussie) & so forth, but need to expand my friendship horizons so here i am.
          i am not on topa - tried it when i 1st joined & it did nothing for me but i got it from a dodgy Indian supplier so it may have been substandard. I have not done tsm - only read about it. sounds ok to me.
          i'm on bac, currently on 20mg tid, but still drinking.
          so if i'm not in the right spot for some good conversations, just let me know....
          nice to be here anyways.

Comment

Welcome again Beagle - nice to see you posting again - you are welcome even if you are not taking Topa. I know that you said before you had been following our thread - we have lost a good many - not sure where they went, but we still have a few die hards here! I had one bottle of Topa that I dug out when I was going back on it that didn't seem to work - but they were old the and doc had given me new so I just ditched them.

Illum - no apologies necessary - I was joking!! And no, I never wear my hair down. I think at my age, it looks odd.

Joe - I don't know much about Bac -Topa has been around for years - my nephew is on it for seizures - he had a brain tumour as a child and he is currently taking 600 mg (I can't imagine the SE's) but has been taking it for years. For me, it is easier to have a set dose and done with. The SE's from Topa can be annoying - but from what I hear they can be with bac too - so I guess it is just that you choose your poison! I am lucky in that I have hardly any SE's from Topa.

Houtx - lovely to see you again. And WTE - you too - so sorry you are so budy but thanks for just dropping in - we will wait til you have time to post properly - just don't forget us eh??

37 and Joe - guys - can't we just agree to disagree PLEASE? Don't bring disagreements on this thread. Just let it go? Hugs to both of you.

Got to go to work. Back later,

Love, Sun xxx
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Beagle and Sun,

I don't take topa and have no interest in hijacking this thread. However, Joe brought me into it and I feel I have to respond. On another forum, I had restrained myself and posted only polite answers, and left when I felt that the exchanges were no longer useful for scientific discussions. Joe took my reticence as weakness and posted multiple insults and name-callings. In fact, he just now said that i "turned tail and ran".

In his first posts here in a new forum, ostensibly because he is interested in topa, he decides to engage about TSM instead. I think I need to respond to him in kind. From his posts, I would guess that he is a 35-45 year old, trailer-trash, marginally-employed drunk living in the industrial American mid-west, and the only way to deal with these types is to return insult with insult.

So if Joe mentions me in any post, I will respond accordingly. Or, he can shut up and try to learn about topa from the veterans here.

Comment

Hello!

Hope everyone is ok.

Welcome Joe and glad to see you again Beagle! WTE great to have you back!

I'm not sure why, I started "forgetting" to take the Topa and my other medication (Prozac). Last week I was 100% medication free for a few days. At first I felt very well. I had my memory and brains back! But then the "good" SE I was having also stopped. :yuk:
                I began eating a lot again, the drinking increased significantly, and the sweating! I mentioned before that I suffer from hyperhidrosis and that I was gratefully surprised when topiramate stopped the excessive sweating.

I wasn't feeling well while taking the topa, but I guess I feel worse without it.

I'm starting again the titration schedule. I'm at 25mg. and hope this time I can handle better the SE. I don't have the word recall problem, but I forget everything else! And cannot concentrate. No hair loss or other bad effects.

I'm very interested in TSM, I'll download the book and probably order Naltrexone.

Houtx, Ilum and Sunny. I love to read your posts.

Joe.- I ordered Baclofen when I came to this site for the first time. I haven't taked it. The reason for not taking it was what I read about the withdrawal syndrome of Bac. I have had enough with alcohol withdrawal symptoms.

Comment

AIRAM !!! Lovely to see you again! I kept forgetting to take my pm dose of Topa - I would take it to work with me then suddenly realise it was too late to take it and yet another day would pass when I had only taken my am dose - not good - it really makes a lot of difference. Are you going to try the Bac then? With the Topa? I shall be interested to see how you go with it. I will never take the Bac - the Topa works well enough for me if I take it properly. How are you mum and dad doing? I hope they are keeping well. How is the AL doing? Are you still way lower than you were? If you are thinking about ordering Nal as well, are you thinking about taking that too - the mind boggles - Nal, Topa and Bac??? you are going to rattle girl!!

Hope that you can post more - how is work going? And your nasty boss? Things any better there? Do hope so for your sake!! Again - Great to hear from you. Take care - hugs to you,

Love, sun XX
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

No Sunny. I'm not going to take the Bac. I ordered it on my first days here because of all those threads about it. But then reading about its SE and withdrawal syndrome, I decided against it. So I have 720 pills of Bac in my medicine cabinet. :H

But I do want to try the Naltrexone.

My parents are doing well this days, thank you for asking. And my boss was reprimanded by his boss a few weeks ago. He is behaving a little better, but still, he is VERY rude.

Comment

37degrees;1014966 wrote: Beagle and Sun,

I don't take topa and have no interest in hijacking this thread. However, Joe brought me into it and I feel I have to respond. On another forum, I had restrained myself and posted only polite answers, and left when I felt that the exchanges were no longer useful for scientific discussions. Joe took my reticence as weakness and posted multiple insults and name-callings. In fact, he just now said that i "turned tail and ran".

In his first posts here in a new forum, ostensibly because he is interested in topa, he decides to engage about TSM instead. I think I need to respond to him in kind. From his posts, I would guess that he is a 35-45 year old, trailer-trash, marginally-employed drunk living in the industrial American mid-west, and the only way to deal with these types is to return insult with insult.

So if Joe mentions me in any post, I will respond accordingly. Or, he can shut up and try to learn about topa from the veterans here.
                      You guys need to take this out of here. PM each other all you want, but nobody wants a verbal brawl to come rolling in here. There are 2 sides to every story and I'm sure both of you have your points of truth. BUT - to get into "Quien es mas macho?" is ridiculous from both of you. So stop it.

Comment

Hi everyone!!

I missed the drama, but I am not gone from the thread

Glad to see everyone is doing well, for the most part.

Airam, sounds like you are doing great! Don't give up on the Topa yet... it sounds like it was working wonders for you. Just get back on and titrate up again. Not that I am one to talk... I haven't tried it yet. Glad to hear your parents are doing better as well. Crappy bosses are the worst!!! That is one of the reasons I decided to stay at home for a bit. At the same time, I am getting tired of talking in preschool language every day. I guess I need to look at the bright side and not get frustrated... and that goes for the drinking as well.

Houtx, I agree that the other crap shouldn't be part of our thread. I am happy to support anyone who needs support (like we ALL do!) but don't want any part of outside drama. We all have enough to deal with, don't we?? How are you doing taking nothing at all? Are you relying on willpower? That has SO much to do with it. I have many days where I have it and others I have absolutely none.

Illum, I haven't read back enough... my fault. How are you? I love reading your posts!

WTE, Hang in there with the work!!! It's hard having to work so much this time of year... I did it for years and it wasn't easy at all. Glad to see you, even though I don't check in as often as I used to I'm so happy to hear you are all doing well. I'm not going anywhere, by the way!

Sun, Glad you are doing so well again. I swore to be AF a week ago and it hasn't happened at ALL. I have actually done better over this week since deciding that, but I just wish I had the full on willpower to make it happen. That's so wonderful that Topa works so well for you... hang in there and you'll be AF again before you know it!! How do you do it with a husband that drinks? Mine says he's behind me 100% and then leaves to go to the bar the second I start with the wine. It's like he wants an excuse to go do what he wants to do.

Well, just wanted to say hi before I get off to bed. The bac is beginning to work. Like anything else I can see it working best when my mind is "in the right frame" of being AF or close. Now the melatonin is kicking in and it's time for me to go to bed! Take care everyone.

Anne xx

Comment

houtx;1015445 wrote: You guys need to take this out of here. PM each other all you want, but nobody wants a verbal brawl to come rolling in here. There are 2 sides to every story and I'm sure both of you have your points of truth. BUT - to get into "Quien es mas macho?" is ridiculous from both of you. So stop it.
                          I took this to PM 24 hours ago. the guy keeps posting. it gets weirder every time.

So Topa. I'll try it in mid january probably. I've got a gig coming up that could be a huge career boost, or a huge disaster. gotta work my ass off and prepare so it'll be the former. hell, it could get cancelled for all i know, but I hope not. it's definitely a "pinch me is this really happening?" opportunity. I can't afford to be dealing with SE's. thankfully i'm no longer dealing with hangovers. I'll stick with the nal for now

Comment

I only respond when I am mentioned in a post. Funny, this guy supposedly wants to try topa, and his first posts are all about TSM.

Comment

Thanks Houtx for the shout out - Looks like I have a LOT of catching up to do so will enjoy doing so this afternoon with glass of wine in hand. Hahahahahaha!

So, until then - hope everyone is well!
                              Claremont
                              343633 27
                              25 28
                              1 year of Nal November 24. Started Topa/Nal October 5

Comment

37, muh dear...drop it. That's all. Just get over whatever is going on & drop it. Ok?! Ok!

The holidays are upon us...in whatever way, shape, or form...we all need to TRY!! Keep ourselves together....No matter what meds we are on/or not - just TRY to drink less...agreed?

UGH - a pledge I am making to myself. Made a "date" w/ an old "friend" to go to his place tomorrow nite...crab legs and steak...doesn't matter what we're eating...I am not in love but we seem to drift back in some ways. It's actually been over a year since I was with him...so tomorrrow will be a reunion and who knows...I am worried about it all...

Ok - release that worried shit...and just take it as it is...:-))

Comment

Working...
                                X