New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun - AAAAaaaaacccckkkkkk!! It's totally frustrating. I know exactly what you mean. I have taken up knitting so that I have something else to occupy me at night, other than just sitting there after the kids go to sleep and watching TV. I'm also trying to have a cup of hot tea and maybe a bath and go to bed much earlier.

My mother in law recently quit smoking. She said she used exercise, relaxation and thereputic grade aromatherapy oils to quit. She said the oils especially helped with cravings which got me thinking about AL cravings. Have any of you tried them? I may look into it further... I use a lot of homeopathic medicines for my children b/c a lot of over the counter things make them excitable and sleepless so this is sort of right up my alley...

Hugs, Run
    "Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them. Every day begin the task anew." -- St Francis de Sales

Comment

Hi 2Run - I have used a lot of homeopathy but never thought of aromatherapy oils for helping with cravings - I am all ears......
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

It seems that a lot of the aromatherapy oils in the health food stores are just perfumed oils or have alcohol bases so aren't considered true thereputic grade (meaning true plant derived extracts). There are some multi-level marketing companies on the net that sell the good stuff but of course you have to pay to be a member in order to get the product. This company sells the thereputic grade oils without the MLM business structure. I came across this blend that looked interesting:
        Tranquility 15ml | Blends M-Z | Rocky Mountain Oils LLC

This looked interesting as well:

At Peace 15ml | Blends A-D | Rocky Mountain Oils LLC

From what I read on a few other random sites, lavender, chamomile, anise, fennel, eucalyptus, frankincense, geranium and bergamot, either applied to the skin or in a diffuser, can be helpful as individual oils to relax, center, calm and ground, as well as dispel compulsive behavior.

I'm throwing my sister a bridal shower in a few weeks and the theme is a French luncheon (they are honeymooning in Nice). I ordered a few bundles of dried lavender for decorations. The darned things keep shedding all over my dining room table so now I've collected the rascal buds and I'm mashing them with my pestle and mortar and will steep them in apricot oil. Who knows! Maybe something fab and relaxing will come from it...

For what it's worth...

Run
        "Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them. Every day begin the task anew." -- St Francis de Sales

Comment

I used to use essential oils a LOT and have quite a collection - only ever bought pure stuff - even treated myself to a tiny tiny bottle of rose !! I use it like gold - extremely sparingly!! I didn't know if you had heard of a particular one that was good for cravings/addictions?
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

French lavender would help because it's calming. I just googled this:

Supportive help to overcome addictions

To improve your chance to succeed in kicking a bad habit, use essential oil such asas a massage oil, in the bath or in vapor therapy.

Comment

Thank you dear Bruun !!!!!

Comment

Sunny, you are so welcome! :l

Comment

hi ladies, I haven't been here in days obviously and won't spend much time here right now. Just wanted you to know that I did log on and do a quick scan of the posts. Tomorrow is the day hubs and I leave for our ride up the California coast. It has been busy and stressful around here leading up to this so hopefully it will be a good and relaxing time. Then get back and off to the races with all of my work travels!

Sounds to me with my quick glance that everyone is doing fairly well.

I'll try to be better about checking in but it won't likely be over this weekend!

Hugs,

Illuminae

Comment

Have a wonderful time Illum - sounds like it could be a good time :H

Hugs to you,

Sun XX

Comment

Sorry - the ones I posted are supposed to be good for kicking addictive habits, specifically alcohol and cigarettes and even heroin/methadone. I guess anything calming would count. No miracle pill, but...

Comment

Hi 2Run - are those ones the ones that are mixes then? I will check out their web sites and have a look - I love essential oils. The drawer where I keep mine has the most wonderful smell - and of course, as it is a mix, I can't say which one it is, but it is LOVELY.

How is everyone doing? The Topa is definitely doing it's thing to make me feel blah about the drink - I just have to listen to it (gosh do i sound like a broken record or what?!!). I do go to bed earlier - that helps!! Or else I will have a cup of decaf coffee - or even water and that seems to help too. Once I make that decision it is easy and today is the day for me to go up to 250mg!! In fact I need to go and take my morning dose. I think it might be a bit easier too once I go back to work - I have been off for over a week - once I get back to work and am not home all day.....SO easy to think "Oh, might be nice to have a Guinness." Thing is when you have your first one around 3.00, it is nothing to have 4 by 8.00. Oh well - keep on keeping on eh?

Hope you are all doing well. hugs to you.

love, Sun XX

Comment

Hi Everyone...

Glad to hear the Topa is working for you Sun... that is awesome.

I failed to make it to Friday. I had wine with my girlfriend on Thurs. Drank last night too. I am struggling. I wish I could just have one glass. My hair is still falling out? I am wondering how long the Topa effect will have.
                          My goal for tonight is to only have 2 glasses. There it is in writing.

have a great day, my friends
                          BK

Comment

Hi everyone, I too am struggling, back on the martinis after a few days in Vegas at a conference.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Bruun and BK. Still - Get back on the horse eh? BK - I have no idea how long the Topa effects keep on working for - when did you stop taking it? I have been hearing everyone say that the Topa makes them tired - I always have tons of energy! However - I sleep - and last night I went to bed at 8.30 and read til 9.30 and got up this morning at 7.30 - I slept for 10 hours!!! I feel great this morning - obviously. I also poured out half of my third Guinness so am definitely heading back down. I was really pleased with myself - didn't even think about finishing it - just thought "I don't want that", and tipped it out! So, I am not sure if the 'always energetic me' is overcoming the Topa tiredness or if it doesn't kick in til bedtime. When i work the closing shift at work (don't get home til 11.00), I am fine - so I think (with me anyway) I just don't think about being tired.

Hope you are all fine - Illum, if you get home today - hope you had a great weekend - I know you are on a lot of travels so we probably won't be seeing much of you.

BK - how did you do with your just 2 glasses last night? Let us know.... I admire you for being able to go AF at all!!

Hugs to all,

sun XX

Comment

Hi all...

Thanks for checking in Sun... I think that Topa is a fabulous thing for some people. I am so happy for you. You sound wonderful.

I don't know what is going on with me. I did manage only a couple glasses of wine last night. Yah! I just keep telling myself I don't need to have anymore. Welp I'm on to my next feat... this week AF... see if I can make it to Friday. I really want to practice just having a couple on the days to drink. Sometimes I wonder if starving myself out all week makes me drink more on the first day I allow myself to have any?

I am hitting the payment today for a short run to see how my knee holds up. Summer is here and I am looking sloppy.

Bruun... Hang in there. If you need us, we are here.

:l BK

Comment

Working...
                                X