New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun, so so sorry. Am a total animal person myself and know the pain of putting them down. Very hard and am sorry for your loss...

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1204764 wrote: Had to have my dog Maggie put down this morning - she had bone cancer and it was just time but it still hits really hard :upset::upset:
      SUN - so sorry to hear about Maggie. They aren't our pets, they are our family. So sorry for you loss.

Comment

ImHereNow;1205214 wrote: SUN - so sorry to hear about Maggie. They aren't our pets, they are our family. So sorry for you loss.
        Sunshinedaisies, sorry for your loss. I don't have pets myself but do understand that for people that do they become one of you. My neighbour's wee dog got knocked down and killed last week and she was inconsolable. The dog was her comfort and company as well as a bit of security when she was home alone. Just to let you know I feel for you....take care!
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Sun, a thought to brighten your day, hopefully - your reminders have me on the All-One this week! I really need the boost so crossing my fingers!

:l

Comment

Hey there - thanks Bruun, Midnight, Im, and daisy for your kind words. It is really hard and someone asked me about my drinking - but I wouldn't do that to Maggie. I have had the same amount I would usually have, which is good. She was so special to me and has left a huge gaping hole in our home and in my heart, but we have a rescue that needs even more love now as he will be missing her too. Thank you for your support everyone.

Bruun - glad to hear that you are having the all-One - I have just made mine to take to work with me. Should I PM you again? As long as you take it every day, you should notive a feeling of well being (well, I did) after about 4-5 days.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Love and hugs to you all,

sun XX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Yesterday, I thought of you: I was gagging down a green drink of this blend of coconut oil, All-One (3 heaping tsp), raw milk, and half a banana all mixed up in the Magic Bullet.

It was pretty bad ... I don't want to add any sweet drinks to the household right now and just hold my nose and force it down. But maybe next time I'll use stevia!

And yes to giving extra to your rescue. When my dog died last Dec, my new rescue at first didn't seem to react, but then he started going after the cats and developing some other bad behaviors. Give him lots of hugs and he'll hug and comfort you right back!

Comment

Coconut oil???? Oh yuck!! I use dole fruit juice - right now I have the mango orange peach one, the banana, the All-One and a little drop of milk - and it is delicious. Bruun - you need to make it nice - or you want want it - I look forward to mine!!! With the fruit juice, it doesn't need any sweetener - WHY are you drinking coconut oil??? The mere thought makes me shudder. If you want to add something with omega stuff in it, grind up flax seed and put that in it. You have to make it tasty Bruun!!

And yes, Ben is already reacting - he is regressing a LOT. I am giving him lots of extra attention, but he is very obviously missing Maggie. I am trying to find another Sheltie - but so far have had no luck - the rescue people here have nothing suitable and there are no puppies anywhere that I can find SO far but I am looking. he really needs another dog - I know it won't be another Maggie, but HE needs someone.

Love and hugs,

Sun XX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

See this Sun for more on CO. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...oil-48937.html

I just made a protein smoothie without the green stuff, I don't have anything sweet to put in the green phyto besides stevia and a banana and I'd rather just bolt the stuff plain with flax ground up which I do already. I can handle a few revolting gulps a day, I do anyways!

Poor Ben! Can you take him to a local dogpark to play? It really helps my boy. Minimum of twice a week, ideally 3+.

Comment

I am starting on Topamax today...25 mg. I sure hope it helps with the cravings! I also ordered the L-Glutamine and Kudzu from the My Way Out store. I am thinking about ordering the Hypnotherapy CD's as wel to help change my thinking (IE. MESSED UP DRINKING, THINKING BRAIN!)

Comment

Hi there Apple - and welcome. Good for you trying Topa. Have you read the My Way Out book? Please come back and post again - any questions, let us know - one of us here will probably have an answer or can direct you. .......nice to see you here,

Love, sun XX

Comment

Welcome Apple
                        I found the book, the CDs and the supplements to be amazing - plus you've found a great place to be! Enjoy the journey.:welcome:

Comment

Apple, you might also try Jason Vale's book called How to Kick Drink Easily. Its helping me.

Comment

Hi everybody - gosh, we have been terribly quiet here haven't we? I suppose no-one posting is good ----- and bad. good in that no drama is going on, but bad in that no-one is changing. I know I am not. still trotting along the same old track (or rut?) But at least things are not worse which is one good thing. Bruun - I read the Vale book and I personally didn't care for it. I did like the Carr book though - and have it in the stack by my bed - I am half way through it again, but lately have just been falling into bed exhausted so not doing doing a lot of reading. I am feeling better in myself though which is good, especially in light of losing my Maggie. One day at a time - as with most things eh? How are you doing Bruun? And everyone else - chime in when you feel like it......

Love and hugs to you all, sun XX

Comment

Hi Sun,

I have the Allen Carr book but haven't read it yet. I understand how Jason Vale's book could be over the top, he does tap dance around a couple of things that really count and he completely discounts them - one being the buzz, that lovely light buzz from a beer or two, which is what starts us on the road to heck. I forget what the other is, but the glossing over stuff is taking the easy way out and I didn't like that but I'm trying to use what other stuff he did say and take it to heart. Specifically, not romancing the alcohol. I have one beer and then another, then I say to myself, another MAYBE because I am trying to lose weight, not gain it, because I don't want to end up going to the store for wine because the beer got me "going" and I'll live to regret it in the middle of the night, because _____ (fill in the blank with your own reasons, just by remembering and reliving all the bad stuff alcohol has done for you).

Anyways, Sun, I hope you're having a good Sunday, and you get some rest tonight. :l

Comment

Hi Bruun - I have had a good day today - I have had a terrible last five weeks and today was lovely as it was the first day that I have been able to catch up with myself. I haven't done much of anything - washing and tidying and stuff like that. It is only 8.15 and I am thinking of making my bed (I stripped it this morning to wash the bedding) and getting to bed early. I have been really bad with taking my 2nd dose of Topa, so am no further ahead than I was before. I am really going to work harder at it this next week!! REALLY !!!!!

Love and hugs, SUN XXX

Comment

Working...
                                X