• Show
Clear All

New here and starting Topa and with a question

Take care! Thinking of you. :h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

COSGringo;1341618 wrote: Winds hit 65 moved in from east and blew west into our city. My friends houses are burning down fun to watch live at kktv.com. Foot is getting good enough, tomorrow I am setting up my bug out gear. Mapped a trip to fun filled Wichita, KS. Hope the hotels like dogs and cats.

If this fire keeps going and makes it to interstate 25 I am out of here before all hell breaks loose. People barely made it out of the homes in some areas today.

Can't believe I am not drinking...
      OMG! This is horrible it's so feckin scary!... I'm going to pray really hard! Get on my knees tonight! If I was closer I'd come rescue you & your pets. Even have an empty room. Hubs is checking it out now. Look at Florida too. Stay safe! Geez ya might have ta stay up all night watching your local news. Feel so bad for everyone there! I'll check this thread to see if you've had to evacuate, as I didn't see you posting update elsewhere. So very glad your not drinking over this! Hope you don't, it's not worth it!.... Maybe post on General board to let more folks know where you are! Maybe somebody else lives closer away from the fire danger zone that can help you & your pets :l

Comment

COS, please make sure you stay safe, can you take the pets to a kennels somewhere and you and your wife stay in a motel if you havent got anywhere else to go. Just to get out for a few days at least until the danger is over.

Please dont take any chances.

Comment

Hi all

Just a quick hello again. At least two of my dear friends have taken over the organising of my farewell do on Saturday. It is going to be held here but since the place is now clean and they are taking care of everything, I can basically just show up. I feel really blessed that they offered to do this for me as its just not my biggest priority right now. It would've been if it wasn't for my parents.

When I come back in December I will make sure to see everyone I know as it will then be high Summer and I will have loads of news and stuff, right now I just feel like I want to get everything over with.

You are always welcome here, Cos. Please stay safe and listen to what the authorities say. I was really hoping that you won't have to evacuate. Having had similar fires in Cape Town I also know that communities grow very close in times like this but its obviously only something one appreciate afterwards, right now the threat is too big. I am thinking of you and sending you positive energy.

If I was you WTE
          , I would tell him the shelter people phoned and said you had 2 weeks to show the papers or they are coming to collect Gigi and Charlie, that should scare him. It sounds like he really loves her and deserves to look after her but sometimes men need a kick up the backside to get their priorities in order. I can't believe people who overfeed doggies, you should post an updated pic when you see her, OK? Glad landscaper texted.

Hi to everyone else, I have to get some work done here, one week left on the clock and counting. At least the sun is out today although its still very cold.

Hugs and love.

:h

Comment

Glad your friends are sorting your party Dizz, things are falling into place and it will all be ok.

I drank a bottle of wine last night, Im not sure why but I did, today tho Ive had a headache all day so far, not bad but just kind of in there so I dont think I will do that again in a hurry but I just dont feel much resolve at the moment for staying AF, in fact I dont really know what Im doing, my plan for a while tho has been to be sober, rather than AF as in not getting drunk and not having problems caused by drink, and I still am. Still need some mojo tho

Buddy does seem the best place for Gigi WTE, cant you tell the shelter that you and buddy where partners and split up and he has Gigi while you have Charlie, thereby making him the official owner, its not like you have sold her for profit and they would still know where she is but could check up with him and save you this responsibility and hassle.

Hi to everyone else, am just going out now so will be back later x

Comment

Cos – Most hotels will accommodate pets in these circumstances – at least they did in San Diego when the firestorms hit here. Just get out - rather than wait and have to scramble at the last moment. As you know, it can all move WAY to fast!

Diz, happy it is all falling into place now for you ….

Space & Diz, yes Buddy needs a good kick in the arse for sure! And no Space, I can’t tell them we split and he has her. All the legal paperwork is in my name only as it was the only way we could get her. It clearly states that if for any reason I am unable to keep Gigi, she goes back to the sanctuary and I am not allowed in any shape or form to give her to someone else – be it sale or gift or a split up.

I wish I could just be honest with them and tell them what a great home she has. But I can’t. The risk of losing Charlie is too high.

Hopefully I will know something from Buddy today and what plans he intends. I don’t think I can pull this off for another 2 weeks. The heat is on me big time with phone calls and emails from them – shop and home. And Buddy had promised he would be here within 5 days … that was last Friday!

Hi to all else … will write later. Hugs

Comment

WTE its 5 days today then, has he been in touch, if not he needs to know (if you havent already told him) that within 2 days you stand to loose Charlie and be taken to court over Gigi and that you will have to give his name and address in as well. This guy has really taken the piss over the jag and now this. Once this chip is sorted will the shelter leave you alone or is this going to go on for the rest of Gigi's life? if so he really needs a kick up the butt and asking does he want Gigi??? Im sure he does but probably doesnt get how serious this is, or how much stress its causing you.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                  Thought I would be able to post tonight but it got late, i don't think that I have ever been so busy in my entire life, but things at goin well. I miss everyone and have just barely skimmed thru the posts, I musts retread about the Handyman, I think thats what he is, any, hope to write tomorrow. Hope everyone has a comfy couch tonight. I have two questions.

1: Dizz, are you in the UK or SAfrika? I read that you bought a bed for the BF and you, does that mean you are there?

2: WTE, If I email you some pictures could you post them on the thread for me because I can't make them big, let me know, thanks, and I don't have time to figure it out.

Love,
                  Play

Comment

Hey everyone - me here - from the land of HOT - it is crazy temps here right now. 97 before the heat index - supposed to be 102 tomorrow before the heat index and even hotter on Friday. Just crazy hot.

Cos - I am so sorry - I guess I shouldn't complain about the heat - you are suffering from it too and have fires to contend with too. How goes it? You said you are ready to go - don't you think it is time you went? As WTE said, I am sure in the extenuating circumstances, many hotels and motels will be taking cats and dogs when they usually don't. Why don't you post on the main thread and see who is near and can maybe take you in??? I am sure there must be many folk that would be happy to help out.......

WTE - I totally understand the situation - it must be really hard for you. Your ex just needs to get a move on. I do know from having rescues, the way the paperwork is worded so know they wouldn't let Buddy keep Gigi, so he needs to high tail it to you and you need to get those pictures and her chipped! My prayers are with you all that it all works out. I feel for you with them hounding you though.... hopefully Buddy will come through for you - he DOES know how serious this is - right??

Play - lovely to see you post...... I am looking forward to seeing pictures !

Space - I understand the 'just having a bottle of wine last night' - I think it is just something that it seems like a good idea at the time....... I also understand being sober rather than being AF - although I am not sure what the definition is of being 'sober' is? I suppose you could say I am being 'sober'?

Hi there Diz - sorry I haven't replied to your e-mail - left for work early this morning - I know, no excuse - LOL - I will get to it. So happy that someone is sorting a going away party for you - how lovely. As you said, now you can concentrate on other stuff and not worry about it...... have you managed to get your work done or are you still working on it?

Going to have a lazy evening and get to bed early - I slept so much of yesterday - also worked a lot in the garden but I think the sun got to me 'cos I felt pretty lousy by the end of the day. Was in bed early and had a great nights sleep. Had my 2 Guinness very early, which I often do if I am in the garden - I enjoy having them when I am gardening - and then switch to water. It seems I am having no trouble stopping after the two - maybe the Topa is helping with that even though I have gone down to 200 mg as I was so depressed I was wondering if that Topa was part of the reason. the Topa has never helped me before at 200mg but I am having no trouble just keeping to my two. My AD's - or something, is definitely kicking in - maybe going down on the Topa - I don't know but I am feeling more like the old me thank goodness.

Have a great evening/night whatever - whichever part of the world you are in - LOL

Hugs to you all,

love, Sun XXX
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Quick one @ Play ....

Yes! Will post pics for you ! Good to hear from you ...

Comment

HI All,,

WTE, Ive just noticed your mood face,:l. Whats making you feel sad, I know you have the worry over Buddy and the doggies but is there something else causing it. If you dont want to talk about it I understand.

Its good to hear your having a rest Sun, yes I would say your sober and have got your drinking under control. Me and the bottle of wine, well I just needed it at the time but it was enough, no wanting to run out and get more or carry on the next day but not a habit I want to get into.

I am hoping that COS has got away safely since we havent heard from him. It must be awful for him and I am looking forward to hearing from him, I hope we do.

Ive got my appointment with the psychiatrist this morning, it is stressing me out already, I hope it goes ok. I dont know whether to tell her Ive already stopped the serequel or not.

Comment

Good Morning everyone - Space - Good luck with your appt - I find no matter what I plan to say, the truth usually comes out - LOL

Have the early shift today and have just spent 40 mins watering the back garden so no time - still have the front to do - too much heat and no rain in sight......

Have a wonderful day everyone.

love and hugs, :l:l

sun XX
                          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1342249 wrote: too much heat and no rain in sight......
                            I would swap anyday, today its too much rain and no sun in sight:H

Oh well, Im back from the docs, as always I get anxious and start talking about all kinds except the things I planned, anyway she has changed the serequel to risperadol, but still left the citalopram as it is. I wanted to insist she changed that but didnt think about it until I was out of the door on my way home. But I will give this new med a go and see what happens thats all I can do, it will be about a week or so before I get it anyway because she has to write to my gp and get him to write a script.

Hope everyone has a good day

:lx

Comment

Hi all

Yes, its funny to imagine extreme heat when one is in the cold and rain. I hope you are safe, Cos, and I hope the rest of you, except for you, Space , are keeping cool.

Another quicky, I have to have a quick shave before I'm off for a sunbed session. Its not something I usually do but jeez I'm so bed and I'm getting anxiety about this body of mine. Eek. I've also been on a really strict diet the last two weeks but I haven't mentioned it because I knew you guys would tell me that its should not be my priority right now but what can I say, vanity IS my priority right now as I just want to look pretty for my bf and today is the second last day of the diet and I already lost 2kg so I'm pretty pleased for myself.

Its like the South Beach diet but the thing is, it makes me REALLY tired the last couple of days, but this is when the major fat burning takes place, so I'm just kicking in my heals and saying, I have 5 days after this to still do chores, this is important for me as it will help my clothes fit better and me relax more once I get on the plane, besides only 1.5 days to go. I know he will love me whichever way I look but I'm nervous and I've lost some cm's off my stomach area and its really helping me with my confidence, so just bear with me on this one.

After the tan, I also have to pop into the bank and then to the police station to sign an affidavit to get proof of address, so no rest for the wicked...

Still in SA, Play
                              , flying Wednesday

Love and hugs to all,

XOX

Comment

Oh Dizzy I feel all nervous and excited for you reading your post.

Now its nice here, the rain has stopped and the sun is peeping through, who knows what it will be like in 1/2 hour:H

Comment

Working...
                                X