New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY...have fun Sunni Butt and thank you for being a lovely hostess Play!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey Jan !! Well Play is being a wonderful hostess - we walked MILES today and have had a wonderful day - just did so much - a really full day - I KNOW we will both sleep really well tonight. Saw the Golden gate bridge from underneath in a boat - a small one, and saw a really cute seal that was SO playing to the audience - saw lots of sea lions, saw Alcatraz, did I mention that we walked MILES? It was a great day - we talked and talked....... Play is so nice - just as I had thought she would be. It was like meeting an old friend.

SO - how is everyone else doing? the thread is so quiet with WTE sick, and us here.... Wu - where are you? Space - you too..... Houtx - how about you? Mimi - how goes things with you? Kradle?? Please - people - post!!!

Will get back tomorrow - will probably be sinking into bed fairly soon...... got more planned for tomorrow.

Love and hugs to everyone,

Love, sun XXX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi everyone, missing you wish we were all together and will hope for next time. So far SUN and I walked miles today, ate our sandwiches overlooking SF bay, Walked miles again then wrapped ourselves up in blankets while sailing under the majestic Golden Gate Bridge, too tired to walk miles home so then rode the trolley, Bart and bus, shopped for food and just had a feast of pizza and salad, we are so tired we are ready for bed at 8pm. It has been a fabulous day with so much good conversation and getting to know each other in real time, I know we will be fast friends.

Love, play

Comment

Sun & Play, glad y'all are having a great time! Yes, we shall now plan a summit that can hopefully include a few others?? Heard that WTE is home & doing better/ok. It will be awhile before she is kayaking, that's for sure! I was thinking at various times yesterday "I would be on the plane now/ I would be in SD now" etc...no matter. It was sort-of a relief b/c these first few weeks of school are crucial to get the procedures & routines down. Like I've said, had I actually gone, I would've picked up were I left off, but it would've been hard. REALLY hard.

So now, alls well. We can plan a summit for spring (MY spring break?! lol - or summer...) But the best news is WTE is better, slightly improved, yet still not good. Still major recovery ahead - wishing her well!!

XXXOOO

Comment

Hi Mama Bear,
            Well, it's very easy to be good to Sun, you know, she is a dear person, anyway, I'm doing all the things I love and dragging her along, LOL, hope, she is enjoying too.

Love,
            Play

Comment

Hi everyone

WTE I dont know what happened but Im relieved your home and on the mend :l

Play and Sun you day waking sounds wonderful, getting to know each other, Im looking forward to meeting you play tho Im not sure want to walk that far

Im ok, no actually Im not well, both me and my son have some kind of bug so he has missed his first days back at school and Im upset about that. but apart from that Im ok, didnt even finish one can last night which is great. Ive still got these nails on and there getting on my nerves now I wish they would come off its a pain tying with them, and having to go back to do all the corrections

:l:l'x's

Comment

I have been around, but being alone here is not that much fun. I was getting ready to go on strike!
                This thread without you guys is like being in an echoing canyon. Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? LOL!
                Are you having Midnight Margaritas? It does sound as if you are having a nice time together! Sf is one of the really special cities here in the states with truly a very special ambiance. No citiy like it. Last time I was there, I remember walking through a neighborhood to a little lounge type nightclub, and because I smoked, noticed a salsa party going on across the street. I asked if my friends and I could join and we were invited! My boss at the time was impressed (he was one of my friends) that I could be that cool. He just didnt understand it...... some places and types of people are very open like that. Reminds me of Stucks description of his time in Spain on Spaces thread.

I cought a very bad respiratory infection fluey type of horrible sickness on the plane. Swine flu? I dont know what this is, but i would not have subjected any one to this. Horrible. Oh... I can finally take Suns recomendation and buy the electric netti pot thingy! Hope that helps! Yesterday I was suffering so much i think at one point i took 3 different decongestants. lol!

Space.... I understand about the nails... I finally got used to mine and can type a little easier now. Down to less than one can is awesome! So sorry you are sick, I wonder if we have the same bug? Mine is awful...if mucous were a commodity i would be wealthy. that is about all I can say. I hope you dont have it.
                Is your daughter off on her honeymoon now? I hope she is spending her first days married in some romantic place.

Diz..... How are you doing dear? You must be busy busy working. I hope thats all it is. Much love and hugs sent to you! :hug:

WTE... i wonder if you have seen how somber this place has been without you! There were times I tried to get people to laugh here and there, but seemingly to no avail. Are you feeling any better?
                I sure hope so darling! We miss you! dont forget you are something like this urgirl: to us. :hug: we love you!

Play and Sun... once again I hope you are having a lot of fun! Miss you both bunches!

Houtx...You must be busy busy with the school year starting. We drop by and say hello from time to time! Hugs!

XXOO love to all

Comment

Actually I'm also sick, I thought it was just dizziness because of lack of Topa for 2 days but it turns out I was fighting off the flu for a week and it finally arrived full on. Its a nasty lethargy/head kind of flu, I have no energy or will to do anything.

Weird that so many of us are sick, its not even cold here. I know of two other people in the area with this bug. Ah well, it still sucks, and I spent most of the week hoping to feel better so I could do the bulk of my work then... little did I know it will just get worse.

I'm going to get some work done while I'm feeling pretty OK.

Get better everyone who is under the weather, especially you, WTE. And enjoy your lovely adventure Play and Sun.

XXX

Comment

Please dont go on strike Wu, you would be missed way toooo much

It is wierd that we seem to have the same flu type bug at the same time, is that what they mean by catching a computer virus? I am hot then cold, have a bad headache, and going dizzy and feel like Im about to pass out times and am tired achy, just feel ill and like crap really.

My daughter and her husband stayed in ahotel here for three nights and went out for meals and did other touristy type stuff that we dont usually do with living here and they are going to Lanzorote next week for two weeks, his grandad payed for the flights so that was very kind of him.

Hope wea re all feeling better soon :hug:

Comment

Hi All …

Wow, it sure is quiet in here. I’m so sorry to hear so many of you have a case of the “crude”! Hopefully you are all on the mend by now (?)

A bit hard for me to post much as I just don’t seem to have much energy these days. Everything is pretty much the same and I’m just playing out time for meds to work to heal me enough to take the next step and get this over with. I see the DR this morning at 1015 and will hopefully know more then.

I guess the best news is I’m not really drinking. And I KNOW I should not be at all. But I have had a sip or two from other’s glasses from time to time. Friends that have stopped over to help with groceries, pick up meds, etc. Of course there is always wine in my frig. But the same bottle has been there since last Saturday. Amazing that the cravings are still there – but I think also pretty controlled because I am on so much pain medication. UGH. No idea how all of this will feel once this nightmare is fully over. Maybe this is just the damn scare I really needed.

Funny, I had planned on starting TSM the day this all happened. Thank goodness I didn’t before because they would have not been able to use the type of pain meds they did had I been on Nal. Now it has me really re-thinking all of that again too! *sigh*

I’m so grateful for all of my friends who have offered to help me and be here for Charlie and I. But at the end of the day, they all have their own lives and I am left to the darkness, alone again. I won’t pretend that I am not scared to death at moments. This is the downside of being single and never having children, and not having much family alive anymore … and Buddy being out of my life now.

To say I am a bit depressed is an understatement – But I know this will pass with time and healing. And part of it I am sure is just all this medication I am taking so massively for almost a week now. Pretty certain it is messing with my head a bit.

Sun and Play: I hope you guys are having the time of your life in the Bay Area. Sounds like it! I swear I will meet the SDSS sometime next year!

Well, off to try and shower with all the ‘extras” attached – Sheez. Going to try and drive myself to the DR this morning so no pain meds since 10 PM last night. Pretty uncomfortable but I am already tired of asking people for help and will need help next week on at least one day.

Love you all and I hope everyone is finding their joy …

Comment

Good Morning everyone.....

WTE - so good to see you posting - hope the doc appt goes well and that you were okay driving there!! Yes it is so good that you hadn't started the Nal..... I am so sorry that you are in so much pain though - it i hardly surprising that you are depressed with all that is going on. gosh you have had quite a time of everything this year.... sending you lots of love and hugs. Please let us know what the doc says won't you....

Space - good for you with the drinking. I did laugh at the computer virus! Yep - that is what we all have. Mine is more or less gone, just a slight cough left, which I am sure the smoking doesn't help at all. I hope that you feel better soon.

Diz - Gosh - you have it too..... it must be going around - round the WORLD!! How awful that we all have had it or have it. You feel better too - try and rest...

Wu - lovely to have chatted with you. Sorry you too have the bug. The cough takes ages to go - especially when we smoke! Glad that things are settling down for you and soon things will be more normal. Yes, Play and I are having a great time together and it is as if we have known each other for ages. She is so easy to get on with.

Houtx - I think your idea of a spring summit sounds like a plan....it is quite ironic really the way things worked out - the original plan that Play and I had first sorted !! Anyway I am sorry that I didn't get to meet you all - but as you said, maybe next spring.

Lorry loads of love and hugs to all,

Sun XXX
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I am SO beyond frustrated I could spit!

My surgery for “Part Two” is now scheduled for NEXT Thursday .. another week! Not because I can’t have it earlier – but because my DR is TOO busy!

He is assisted other surgeries at the same hospital on Monday and Tuesday and had a thought …. Could he get me in before really early in the AM before he has to assist? My surgery is 30 minutes.

But the damn hospital has no space available!

So another week with my “extra parts” which mean another week off work. I just want to get this over with!

I don’t think I could get another DR to do it any faster as a new patient. But this is crazy!

My gut (no pun intended) tells me I should not be doing this to my body for another week and living on pain meds to get through it.

I just don’t know what to do ….

Comment

Dear WTE!

Oh, My, WTE,
                            I just don't know what to say except that I am Oh so sorry that this is dragging on for another week, I suppose you have no choice but to just bare up the best that you can and look to when it will be over at last, Thank God, and that you will still have both kidneys and will start to recover quickly, gee what a nightmare, at least it will come to an end.

And yes, isn't this exactly when you really feel it, that you live alone and have really no family, I feel the same way except that I have my children, But thoughts of the future alone are definitely on my mind. Even tho I have children, they have thei own lives and are not my peers and in the end, I am actually quite alone.

Onward, Sun leaves early in the morning for the airport, we have had a wonderful visit, from my perspective it has been mostly like just seeing an old friend, not much "getting to know each other". It has been a very relaxed time with some sightseeing but mostly lots of conversation and "cameo moments" with people that were worth more than words can ever describe and we will both talk about forever. I have some nice Fotos that I will pass along.

Ok, bye for now, very early morning, but lots more to catch you up on. I miss everyone and hope to here from you soon, how are you all, Kradle, Mimi, Houtx, Nora, space, Dizz, wu, lots of others too, talk soon,

Love,
                            Play:h

Comment

Hi all, Im sorry if I havent been keeping up or replying to everyone, I just havent had the energy to post much.

Oh dear WTE I feel so bad for you it must be very difficult, theres nothing you can do about the wait for the op tho is there so please try not to get wound up about it and try to rest as much as you can. Also dont worry about asking people for help when you need it, if they didnt want to help then they wouldnt do it.

Im so glad you both (Play and Sun) have had such a lovely time, it sounded wonderful for you both.

I also think about being alone, and it makes me feel sad sometimes, I agree that yes I have kids but they should not be there for me to give me company, I should make that happen for myself, but for some reason I just dont.

Comment

Hi everyone.....after three plane flights, and a 45 min car ride from the airport, I am home. had an absolutely wonderful time with Play - will post tomorrow. Got all manner of stuff to do and am quite tired too.......

love and hugs to all,

love, sun XX

Comment

Working...
                                X