• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and starting Topa and with a question

WU - I will PM you ...call me!

Comment

Good morning - WU - how are you? Are you okay? you should have called me last night....... are things better today? Please let us know if everything is okay won't you?

Hi there WTE - tomorrow is the day! Nearly there...... yes I know how you feel about drinking on anti-biotics - I did when I was on them for the pneumonia! I don't know how much is true for them not working if you drink - or if it an old wives tale....

So glad that you have lots of friends round you to help out before and after and help with Charlie - at least you don't have to worry about things - just getting better ! I think it was a good idea to cancel your appt with the therapist for whatever reasons - she doesn't sound like the right match for you, for what you need.

As for my new quit day - I am not sure - BOB and I are going to talk about it at the weekend. It was too soon after my trip for it to be Wednesday (gulp that would have been today!!). I have to get my head in the right place. I need to look back when I stopped in December and see how far ahead I started sorting my head out......

Sorry for the short post but am getting ready for work...... early shift today.

Hi to everyone !! Have a wonderful day,

love, sun XX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi all

So sorry for not being around but I still feel very sick and I'm just doing the extremely necessary things. I think I have a middle ear infection that hasn't cleared up and the dizziness is just unbearable, a bit ironic considering my username. Will try to find a doctor tomorrow, should have done it a long time ago, by now I feel so damn weak I don't even feel like going to the doctors.

Glad you're on the mend, WTE, and apologies everyone else for being quiet and not commenting on your posts. I am keeping up, I just really don't have the energy to post right now.

:h

Comment

Morning!

Yes Sun – Tomorrow is the day! Yay! Can’t wait for this to be over with …

WU – Hope you are feeling better this morning. You REALLY need to go see a DR. Please don’t put it off any longer – worried about you and that nasty cough! And yes – IKEA! Whoo Hoo! Love that place …

Dizz – Hope you get feeling better soon and happy to hear you are going to see a DR. Inner ear stuff is nothing to mess with.

Hello to everyone else ….

So FUNNY Therapist Story! HA!

As I mentioned, I just wasn’t sure we were a good fit and had cancelled Monday’s appointment (and had missed the one before that being in hospital). So anyways, she calls me yesterday afternoon!

It seems she has taken a new position that will run from 800-400 PM Monday – Fridays and so the only day she could see me was on Saturdays. NOT! But this couldn’t have been more perfect.

I told her that I had spent time and MONEY on just getting the “background” information done and it didn’t seem fair that she was now bailing. She told me she would have not taken me on as a new patient had she known about this upcoming change.

I asked her who I should speak to about this. I told her I didn’t feel it was fair that I had spent $320 on her only to have to start with someone new. That we had not really even gotten to “any work” being done. That I was looking for financial compensation as I didn’t think it was fair.

In all honesty, I’m not sure if I would have seen her again or not. But it STILL really bugs me that someone can charge like that and then decide to go POOF so soon into it. So she is going to speak to “the powers that be” and call me back. I’m not sure where this will lead – but perhaps I can get some of my money back that I wasted. GRRR. I KNEW she was not for me if she would pull something like this!

And so it ends well. I’m not sure if I will look for another or not. I suspect that much of the “crappy” I have been feeling may have been related to this medical stuff. So I want to get that sorted out first, feel better and go from there …

The bills from the hospital have started rolling in *gulp* I HATE Blue Cross! They have approved a 1 night stay at the hospital – but I was there 3 nights. I have a $5000 deductible, but it is going to sky rocket from there for stuff they won’t cover. Such a bummer when you pay so much for insurance to begin with! And who knows what my policy will end up costing when this is all said and done. Our system is SO messed up with insurance companies and their rape! I don’t necessarily back ObamaCare, but SOMETHING needs to change in this country. Thank God I am not living paycheck to paycheck or I would be sinking…

Overcast again today and it feels GREAT! I am supposed to go and get my Driver’s License renewed (expired on my BD) today and have a 2:20 appointment. I hope I don’t have to wait forever – it has been something like 21 years since I last had to go to DMV. Guess my picture does need a bit of updating. HA!

Just rolling through the days for now …. One to go!

Hugs to All …

Comment

DearWTE,
            Hooray, tomorrow you will have the procedure and a little recovery time and you will start to get on with your life, thank God. Yes, I understand the health care system in this country is a mess but i think it probably has nothing to do with "Obama care", It started long before his time, I think he is just trying to do something to help, but I suppose we should not talk politics here on the thread, might get people in a flap:H:H:H, so will be thinking of you tomorrow:h

I wouldn't worry about a little AL with ABX, they probably will work just fine:H.

Must get some dinner here and will try to post before bedtime, I do have some nice pics to pass along to the SDS it's just that I have been working ever since Sun left and have not had a spare moment, so when you all get an email from me, please open it to get the pics.

Wu, please PM your email so that I can send you the pics as well.

Love,
            Play

Comment

Good Morning everyone!
              WTE... I was in the hospital after childbirth, and had prearranged with my Doctor to stay two nights instead of the normal one, and the insurance company actually called up the nurse asking why I was still there. The nurse came and asked me why!!??! I told her I had no idea, and that she should talk to my DOC! In Switzerland they had most women staying a week with no C section. All of this accomplished for the price of a normal delivery here. There is something very wrong with the system here, though I doubt that Obama Care will change it much, other than pre exisiting conditions. I think it has a lot to do with the insurance Doctors and Hospitals have to pay protecting against malpractice suits. Plus they can get away with it. My advice is, call the Hospital and tell them you just cant afford the extra costs, cry the blues, tell them you can pay them like 100 dollars a month, and they will most likely adjust your bill. You might see a nice 50% savings. It might be worth a shot! When my sister was 15 (ten years ago), her appendix ruptured, and she was in the hospital for a week. Mum had no insurance, and they adjusted to 6000 dollars, surgery and hospital stay.
              I am so happy for your peaceful ending with the therapist! Yeah!
              Today your nightmare story ends, or at least the beginning of the end! Yeah! I hope you feel better soon darling!
              Drinking on antibiotics... I always have, and I am sure that they still work. I would have chronic sinusitus if not. My doctor here wants me to have surgery, but I am not that brave at the moment, and plus my Swiss insurance wont work here unless I buy an expensive extra policy, something I will do should I have an emergency. Right now the plan is still for me to stay until sometime in December. In the meantime, my cough is improving! Yeah!

Diz... I hope you feel better! This flu may be the same. Space thought it may be. I have a ton of drainage as well, and can see how it could enter the ear.

Sun.... New quit day.. lol! I have to get that into my head again as well! Smoking on top of this cough only makes it much worse, which is what WTE was talking about. You know the rest of the story. Why do we insist on torturing ourselves this way?
              Is it really so hot over there? Our weather has turned mild. Its so mild that I really almost dont need my AC anymore, but brother is hot, and requesting it. Over climatizing is not my thing either. I may have to start wearing winter clothes in the house... lol! My thermastat says 75, and it feels nice....

I have had a few strange days. One total wine day, and yesterday moderating. I am back on 25 mg of topa. I think I may have missed some of the "pour it out feelings" when I was in Switzerland, titrating up as per the book. Diz had recommended that I go up slowly, which I will do this time. I miss the feelings I had that I at least could moderate in social situations, and over here had many many great days. sigh.... starting at stage one. well, its a work in progress. I will order some antabuse, and possibly some bac. and more topa. lol, I will just buy out the pharmacy.

Comment

Good Morning all!

WTE - your day is here at last - wishing you all the best for it and hope all goes well! At least you will be rid of your extra parts! By this time tomorrow you will be resting nicely and feeling so much better !

How odd with the therapist! Good job it didn't all work out with her in the end! that really would have been a bummer !

And then of course, once you get all this sorted out - you are back to your original problem - re the AL - although - how is the weight doing? Guess you can worry about all that - AGAIN once you get better!

Play - looking forward to seeing the pics - I wish we had thought at the time about putting them on my computer... hope that you manage to get some rest although I know you want to get a little nest egg sorted before you go back to Spain.

Wu - hope that your cough and the rest of the 'bug' starts to get better soon - I am feeling way better but still have the residual cough and still lots of drainage. Re our temp., no it isn't as hot as it has been - the weather has turned rather nice, but when I was outside gardening it felt really hot. We still have the AC on and here it tends to go from summer to winter - very few days where we can have the windows open. We used to get spring and autumn but these days we seem to miss them altogether - just maybe a week at most! I love having the windows open but hubs doesn't!

Good for you starting at 25mg again - it really is the best thing to do when you think you have really messed up. Hope they work for you. As for my new quit date - I don't know yet - have to have a think - LOL. It will happen - one of these days! It was good chatting last night to you - no idea what you can do about your mum and your sister really though. They have to live their own lives much as you really want to help them.

Diz - how are you feeling now? Please post and let us know - I really miss seeing you on here. you used to post so much and now you rarely do. I miss your lovely posts telling us what is going on with you. Are you feeling any better? please post a "Diz" post!!

Space - how about you - how are YOU doing? What is going on with you these days - we rarely get to hear from you too. I miss the old days when we all used to post so much..... please give us an update when you have a few minutes okay?

Mimi - how are things going? What is happening with you and AL and your hubs? Are things any better? I often think about you and wonder how you are doing.....

Houtx - you too - I miss hearing from everyone......

And on that note, I need to think about getting ready for work. Closing shift today and opening tomorrow - the CLOPEN. Love and hugs to all,

Sun XX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Trying to Catch Up!

Hi Everyone,
                  I had today off work, the first since Sun left, it's good though because when I am not at work I have that uneasy feeling that I NEED to be working, I suppose it centers around having been gone so much recently helping my daughter. I bet everyone thinks that I am just somehow independently wealthy, and that I can just travel to Spain without giving it a second thought:H, well I wish that were true, but the truth is that I have just been making the trips very frequently because we have the baby that was born with a genetic disability and my daughter has to have a hip replacement, so when I am working I feel "secure" and when I am not, I feel "anxious", like how will I pay the rent:H, but I just try to have faith that it will work out because my kids are the most important people in my life.

Now, I should have started with wishing WTE congratulations on getting her problem sorted out today and I'm so anxious to hear how you are doing, WTE, as soon as you feel up to posting, but thank god you are ok.

Sun, still hot there but not as bad, good, and also do you think you are quitting entirely? I am looking at hopefully three days off next week and I want to go to the Irish Pub and see how our friend Tom is doing and see if I can see any evidence of "The Stain". I'm still working on the pics, it just takes me the longest time to get anything done, I'm awful, and also haven't sent your booklet yet, yikes, I get to work and find myself unable to take five minutes to make a few copies and put them in the mail, it is actually that busy and then at home I don't make the effort to go out to make the copies, but I promise to get it done.

Wu, how long were you off the Topa? If not long you might just have started where you left off, but I probably don't know all the details. Sun was such a darling, she left some for me as I was running out and wasn't planning to reorder right now due to the cost. My COBRA has also run out and I'm wondering if they always adjust the cost if you have an emergency. The other thing is if you have a routine problem such as cancer:HThat needs to be treated you probably can't get treated because it is not an emergency:upset:, OMG, what is the health care coming to in this country, it's really sad and scary.

Mimi, it's been so long since you have posted, have you started your program? If so hope that it is going well, I believe that it is an outpatient program, is that right? How are you doing with your husband home? Let us know how it is going.

Space, super thinking about you???

Kradle, Nora! Houtx, Halooo!

Dizz, hope you are coping ok, still thinking of staying long term? Does that mean you have to marry BF to stay legally? Hmmmm, yes, miss your "Dizz" posts:h.

Ok, bye for now, hope that I haven't forgotten anyone, if so you know that I didn't mean to, love to everyone.
                  Play

Comment

WTE:

Thinking of you on your BIG day and sending Daimoku (buddhist prayer ) for total victory my friend :h

:l
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

To A New Start Feeling Better!

Wow – It’s behind me ( I think) !

Thank you for a the sweet thoughts, notes and prayers everyone! I AM feeling better for the most part – I think a good portion of that is not having to “wait” any longer to get this behind me! Still a bit ouchy, but that is to be expected for a few days…

And just a quick note on Obama Care and politics in general – I totally agree this is not a place for it, and I wasn’t really expressing an opinion on it. Just agreeing that SOMETHING needs to happen to make a change in what I agree is a REALLY poor system now. I certainly don’t have the answers, and who knows what will really happen with it all .. I suppose only time will tell.

I tried really hard to stay up Wednesday night late so I could perhaps sleep in a bit and get rid of more of the day as my surgery was not scheduled until 2:45 PM (they had moved it up a bit). But I woke up early again and was not allowed to have ANYTHING after midnight (so they said) so I was thirsty and hungry with HOURS to go. I understand the 8-12 hours before going under – but they had me at over 15 hours! Not! HA! I did wake up about 2:00 AM and drank a bunch of water. LOL

My GF was here to take me in at 12:15 arrival and I had asked her if we could stop by the pharmacy to fill a pain script (which I hadn’t gotten done) which I do at Target so decided to also pick up some juices, fruits etc. HARD to shop when you can’t eat or drink anything – TORTURE! LOL But on our way, my cell rings – it’s the DR office. Now what???

The gal on the phone says “I’m calling you because I don’t think anyone has contacted you. Dr G. had a terrible migraine and has cancelled all his surgeries for the day (MY HEART DROPS!) except for you”. Yikes! “He really wants to get you done and is just waiting to see if he recovers from the migraine" . Oh my gosh – I was SO upset! Hurting because I couldn’t take any pain meds and dying of thirst. Mentally prepped to get this over with .. and now this???

So I tell her we are almost on the way and asked her if I should still go? I had found out Wednesday afternoon that no one bothered to tell me I was supposed to have my pre-op test done the day before! So I still need blood work, chest X-ray and an EKG. *sigh* She’s madly TXTing with the DR and he says – no, hold until I hear back from them. GRRR. I wondering IF it’s a good idea for him to even DO the procedure on me!

And so we head to Target and get the stuff done and haven’t heard anything and so head back home. It’s now already after 12:00. So I called my other GF and Ski Guy to put them alert that this may NOT be happening after all. I’m just SO disappointed. And the worst part is he does not do surgery on Fridays AND this “extra part” is only good for 2 weeks which is up on Saturday. So now what? Another “new” extra part put in??? And then what date??? I’ll admit I was close to tears.

Finally! At a bit before 1:00 PM they call – it’s a go! So we race to the hospital. It’s already SO late and they take forever to register me and I am watching the clock and thinking there is just NOT going to be time for the pre-ops. But .. somehow there was. Whew!

My DR came in and explained that he had a migraine at 2 AM, couldn’t sleep and so felt he needed to cancel all the AM surgeries. So in the end – it was a good thing that I was scheduled for the afternoon after all! Next the Anesthesiologist is in and all tests look good – so here we go! The DR had said he would give me the “thumbs up” if it had worked as I was heading to recovery – there was still that 5% chance of nonsuccess.

Under I went and the next thing I knew I was being rolled to recovery and chatting up a storm to anyone that would listen. HA! They couldn’t believe how awake I was so rapidly and as we passed my DR at the desk –it was a THUMBS UP! Yea!!

Still a bit stoned (HA!) but dying for water or something! They gave me ice chips and then offered some juice. I ended up drinking 3 juices and begged for food so they got me a blueberry muffin. HA! By the time Ski Guy came into recovery – I was ready to go! So home before 5 PM!

Here’s the odd part (good/bad???) !! So I talk to my DR and there he could NOT find what he was looking for! He says – it must have passed at some point when I was in the hospital and under IV pain meds. (??) But, I can’t believe I would not have known and plus they were “monitoring” and measuring EVERYTHING and they missed it too?? He said he couldn’t see it n the X-Ray but didn’t want to take any chances and so did the procedure anyways – just to come up blank. Hummmm.

So last night and this morning I am feeling a tiny bit concerned. I wish they had done another CT-Scan to see it. It would have saved the surgery (and my pain now a bit), but whatever. It’s over and my “extra part” is FINALLY gone!! I still have a stint in that they will remove next week at his office which just prevents swelling. I almost want to ask for another CT just to be sure – but I am already in WAY over my head with my insurance and with “Out of Pocket” maximums I think I am already looking at close to $8000. UGH. WU, I will set up a payment plan with them as they charge no interest, but it’s walking a fine line with having insurance but an insane deductible. I’m just not sure now the numbers will all wash out…

My GFs made a wonderful pasta salad and the other one brought over chicken noodle soup for me. HA! Ski Guy just dropped me off at home as he was headed up to Mammoth to his house for the weekend. We all stayed up a bit and they both had to work today so headed to bed about 11:00 PM and I just could NOT sleep. Kind of achy and I suppose still a bit wired up from it all and trying to get my system used to having food back in it! I finally gave in about 1:30 AM and went to bed only to get up a number of times feeling poopy, and then there was a possum messing around under my spa deck right outside my bedroom door. So up with a flashlight to see what that noise was. LOL I’m sure I will nap A LOT today! Another heat wave and this time a Santa Ana and it feels like a heater blowing in through the windows already and 9:00 AM. UGH. I’ve shut the house down – as much as I hate that! Sun, like you, I LOVE all my windows and doors open, but it’s supposed to be a real cooker the next few days… oh well.

I confess to 2 1/2 glasses of wine last night – although everything I read it says that AL is not a good idea. BUT, if you are going to have some, limit it to a glass only. Yeah right! HA! Oh well … what a relief to have this behind me!

Play – I can’t wait to see the pictures! It IS so time consuming at times to get them up online. Hurry up! HA!

WU - Glad to hear your cough is improving! And I think you are right in starting back at square one with the Topa. The time I tried to jump back in at my past levels – nothing. PLEASE be careful with Bac as you CAN NOT just forget it or just stop taking it without very serious ramifications!

SUN- Yes, good how the therapist story ended and I had not really thought about it – but what IF I was really getting on well with her and she did this! I KNEW she was just not feeling very professional to me. No clue what Plan B is right now.

I am still in “control” with the wine for now. I wish it could stay this way, and perhaps it will a bit. I don’t know what direction I am going to take. As I said, the Nal now scares me as well after this medical stuff. *sigh* And my weight continues to drop! Dammit! Iwas #114 on the Drs scale when I left the hospital last Tuesday. Yesterday, I weighed in at #109.8. UGH. I could have SWORN I had put on a few pounds, but even my home scales shows a drop of 3 pounds in 2 days.

I am beginning to suspect something more is going on?? But I will let the current situation play out a bit more and see what happens. I am HOPING that was adding to all many of my issues.

Play – You are NOT independently wealthy?? Bummer! HA! Actually I knew that and I SO understand working and how it makes you feel more secure. Financial stuff can be SO stressful. I can’t wait to get feeling better and get back to my shop!

I echo others here in missing everyone posting more often. And missing a real Diz post! HA! But I understand as I at times run into the same thing – life.

I hope everyone is doing OK – some of you have been gone too long. Please pop in with a hello?

So it will be another lazy day for me. The GFs both headed to work and with this Santa Ana in I suspect most of my day will be on the sofa watching the news and the nightmares unfolding. So very sad! I guess I should be grateful I have AC as many don’t here because you really only need a few days a year – except this summer! Just crazy!

Love and hugs to you all and again I am SO grateful you are all here and thank you SO much for being so ….

Comment

Glad everything worked out WTE! It seems like such a nightmare though.... 8000 dollars for a stone that probably passed without you knowing it.... I just hope that nothing else is going on. You have had your bloodwork done now? And who was it that forgot to tell you about the preop stuff? Oh well, at least it all worked out in the end.

Laying on the couch watching the news sounds nice.... or maybe a movie.... i need to do that as well. Sometimes a lazy day is just what one might need. Feel Better Dearest!

Comment

Oh WTE - I am so glad that you are home. i am not going to say that all is well - well, it is but not really - well, sort of - LOL. I would LOVE to know what happened to that stone - if all of this was in vain????? Yes, it must be quite a worry... But at least you have got rid of the extra part. I haven't been in long from work and will write more later - just wanted to post and say that I am glad all went as well as it could - will be back later - lovely that you are feeling better - hugs to you :l:l

love, sun XXX

Comment

Hey y'all -
                            So much to catch up on & will do so over the weekend. Alls well here & so glad to read the posts from everyone. By the time I'm on here, it's later at nite, w/ 2-3 glasses of wine...just want to comment w/ 100% of my brain! So will check in later...

Comment

Well Done!

Dear WTE,
                              Sooo glad glad you are thru the worst of it, whatever happened to the stone, don't stress about it, at least the damn thing is gone along with the extra part, now let's hope for some kind of health care reform to finally come to this country, but we probably shouldn't hold our breaths:upset:. So $8,000, yes a payment plan is in order, I'm kind of surprised it isn't more actually. About your therapist, fire her as you already did:goodjob:, and as for your weight, that is a concern, I'm wondering what was your normal average weight for most of your life?
                              I bet you were always thin and now maybe you have just been drinking instead of eating, or something like that, sometimes that happens. But so happy you are back to getting back to normal.

Love,
                              Play

Comment

Hey Sunny you said to post here so here I am just sneaking in after lurking for some time....had a bad depressive episode that is just lifting after tweaking medication...it's amazing how it sneaks up on me and I don't even know it. So just checking in and hello all. I've been AF for about five weeks (I think!). it's good to be back in the land of the living after weeks of bed/clean kitchen/bed/maybe clean kitchen etc again. Looking forward to getting to know you all better. ( ps been on topa but kept falling asleep at work - didnt mx well with my other meds either ).
                                "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                                X