Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and starting Topa and with a question

No time to read it but cross post Dizzy XXXXX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Thats OK Sun, you must be pleased about the rain!

Oh, and Space, I've always taken the generic and have been happy with it but if its only a bit of money and you're happy with what you're on, perhaps stay with it for now?

:h

Comment

Just a quick post as Im very tired and will be off to bed soon, I have started reading throught this thread and one good thing I am learning is not to be to impatient or feel guilty about it not all happening at once. Last night I drank a bottle of wine and tonight two cans, I do have more lager but its out in the car and Im to tired to get it and dont really want it anyway so I think I will get some warm milk and get off to bed and just read a bit more.

Good night everyone xx

Comment

Hey everyone - I have just got in from work. Space - I too, started reading through the thread and it was really interesting to see how things stay the same for me - HA !! (to take WTE's expression - LOL). some things never change...... I had my good times and was so determined..... but will get there again - one day!

Back to where I left off this morning...... think I was up to WTE's post! WTE - your weight is at least not dropping more - THAT is one good thing - right? Surgery and constant pain really takes it out of one - so you can't expect to bounce back as if nothing has happened. Your body has been through SO much. Hopefully with your new doc, maybe you can get to the bottom of everything...... fingers crossed XXX

Hearing you talk about wishing you could travel to Spain and see Play and Space - in a few years when we all retire, maybe we can all do just that - just travel and meet up - LOL. Yeah right. Although I am feeling really burned out at work right now and have been for some time now. I have always loved my job but for the past few months I have been feeling - well, just burned out. I will not leave but it isn't the same. I look forward to in a few years when maybe I can think about retiring - MAYBE. I don't know - with hubs retiring, our income will be going down a bit and if I retire, our income will go down a lot comparitively. It seemed that everything changed for me when they took me off my 60mg celexa. I have never felt the same since.....

LAUGHED at your idea of a list! But yes, I have always made lists and don't think i could function without them - in college the girls I shared a house with made me the founder member of Lists Anonymous, and made this amazing booklet full of lists, subdivided into catagories of more lists subdivided etc., etc - it was awesome and I always wish i had kept it. It was very clever and very funny - and ME to a "T". But yes, when you are wandering aimlessly, that is when one (me) drinks more - we always have to have a plan - without it, there is no direction at all. I have had so many plans - but at least I always make one - LOL (with lots of lists).

Play - dear dear Play - I feel quite bad because we (you) went to all that trouble re your CD's for the AL and I still have yet to listen to them - do you think I am procrastinating? MAKE ME LISTEN TO THEM. LOL. Am I scared they will stop me drinking? Maybe..... You are so sweet to do them for everyone - but then you are such a nice person. I so wish you lived nearer.... feel like moving?

Diz - sorry about rushing off this morning but as I have the keys to the building I CANNOT be late! I am SO sorry about your mum - I know from being thousands of miles from MY um how hard it is when they are poorly and it must be even worse for you with the stuff your mum goes through - is your brother helping out?

That sounds horrid about the visa - why did they have to say that to you and make it all so nasty? there are SO many people in UK who shouldn't be there and there are you - trying to do it all legally and get the attitude! I am sorry..... it is lovely that b/f wants to come to SA for Christmas though and I am happy that you will be back there then - it really isn't long at all - we already have Christmas cards in at the store - heaven help us !!!

OH YES. Hubs is contemplating the housework thing - I have SAID SO. ROTFLMBO. :H:H

And, it is okay re the rain - but we have had enough thanks very much - it rained more today which is good to doing a catch up from the summer I suppose but three inches in such a short space of time isn't good when the ground is so dry.

Space - a quick note to you - it is good that you are reading and seeing that it is okay not to get impatient or feel guilty - that is one of the reasons i love this thread - NO judgement and no pressure. we just take it all in it's stride and let life go on - don't we? We are all here for each other and understand each other which I think is so important. Sleep well my friend XX

Now - HOUTX - where are you?????

And I need to go and feed the dogs then I have a great stack of ironing to do tonight - oh joy - actually I don't mind ironing really - I usually watch something I have recorded on tele and as this is the only time I watch TV, it works very well !!

Much love and hugs to all - Sun XXX
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

This will be a quick one as I have a new UNEXPECTED project that happened today! =) So must tend to that situation for the next bit and hopefully be back in awhile.

Guess who has come for dinner (s) !!??

My new foster cat "DeVas" (SAVED spelled backwards!) This wasn't exactly in my plan for today, but I got an emergency call from Helen Woodward?s Shelter a few hours ago. In a North County Shelter, he was going to be put down because he was showing signs of URI - Upper Respiratory Infection. Something easily treated like a cold, but highly infectious to other cats.

HW grabbed him but needed a foster fast to get him out of the shelter. He is now my baby for the next 2-3 weeks while he recovers. =) WHAT a lover! Not too sure about Charlie just yet, so he has his own suite for a bit until he gets settled in. I held him when we first came home ? he DID NOT out of my arms! I came home early to get him settled in. Charlie is great with cats, but DeVas still seems unsure after all he has been through today.

Not sure why this happened ? but it did and is making me smile BIG TIME. He is only 4 months old and has the oddest (cool!) long face and big ears. Still small and not sure what combo he really is because he does have a bit of an exotic look to him.

His medicine starts tonight ? drops thank goodness! For the next week and hopefully that solves it. He will be looking for his forever home after that in 2-3 weeks. THIS ONE is going to be hard to surrender!

Be back later ? and here is DeVas after his 1st few minutes at ?home?. =)

[img][/IMG]

Comment

SO SWEET - do I see his Forever Home already??????

Comment

Good Morning everyone!

Diz and Space, you both are right that I have more of a social life in Switzerland. It all is motivated by AL though. Hubby makes sure I get out of the house more, thats true. During a more manic phase that can be dangerous as I may tend to shop! I forget the worth of money, unlike when I am over here in the states. He does though keep me more grounded. He is everything I am not, calm rational and the most patient person I have ever known. Perhaps we balance each other. Some people think we are a strange couple, perhaps as I tend to be high energy whenever AL is involved.... a dancing social butterfly. He is more quiet and reserved.... lol!

Play, I am not going to be separated with my husband. I know it may have sounded that way, but that was just the floodgates of emotion opening up... lol! I tend to do that on here.

It was a very good post on our insurance system here in the US. Just answering what one does if they dont have insurance, they go to an Emergency room, wait for incredible amounts of time, and then never pay the bill. People here will not be refused there for care, and Doctors must treat people on an Emergency basis. On the other hand, we have people going to the emergency room when one gets a cold, flooding the emergency room with non emergencies. We also have the problem of our doctors being sued, and people sueing get really large sums of money. The Doctors and Hospitals therefore have to carry very large insurance policies, pay large amounts of money for their insurance, and this cost of course gets forwarded to the patient. People dont get into the medical industry (predominantly)
                to make tons of money, but may be forced to charge more. My doctor makes his living with botox and other beauty treatments, but is my gen practitioner, and charges 25 dollars for a visit for people that have no insurance. We also have sliding scale and free clinics for people that have no insurance. I guess its just a matter of knowing how to work your way through the system. I needed to get my daughter shots recently for school, and considered having them done privately, but to the tune of 500 dollars, i took her to the health department. 25 dollars later she has all of her shots. this is subsidized by the government, and you dont have to be poor to get it.
                In most countries, one pays so much less for insurance. I lived in Mexico for a year, and they have plenty of programs. I had a pap and yearly visit with a gyno for 5 dollars. There was no service i couldnt afford while i was there. Thorough eye exams for 35 dollars. Health insurance is 300 a year. Dental work is so inexpensive. I had crowns done for 130. They care there and are not greedy. Almost any prescription you can buy in the pharmacy, other than controlled drugs. Like my eye drops that i need periodically, with steroids, I can buy with no script. I used to buy valium 23 years ago, to be able to calm down. I didnt take it often, but once in a while when having what I now have so much worse, panic attacks, and all i can get now is lorazapam, which knocks me out.... I will sleep for four hours, so i dont take it, almost never. It a strong benzo, and i dont need yet another addiction. Wine and cigs are enough!
                Anywho, i got sidetracked, sorry. In Switzerland we have another health insurance policy. I would call it socialized, but its not a govt program. You HAVE to buy health insurance. The system is very good indeed,though it is still cost effective as companies compete. If you cant afford it, you receive once a year a payment that susidizes or pays your insurance payment, so even if you work but dont earn very much, you only have to pay part of it. In America, you are either under the allowed income, or not. This is why the middle class suffers. You can have medicaid only if you are truly poor. Poor would be like 700 a month for a family of three. thats not enough to live. It means the working middle class is screwed.
                Space, i find myself really crying so much more when on Topa. I also havent been on anything for bi polar in years, and so now i am emotionally on overload at times. I guess i numbed it with AL. I wonder sometimes if topa is at all like depakote, which stabalized me wonderfully. I had never feel such reality. So even. So in control. I am still waiting for my shipment, so I tapered down, and am not on any at the moment. River takes forever! They are cheaper than my other company, but it feels like forever.

Ok, i have to cook, so i must be off... lots of love and hugs to all! XXOO

Comment

Hey y'all -
                  "I last visited 9/19"...so it's been awhile. This clock doesn't count just reading posts, I don't think. I read sometimes, just don't sign in or post. Since school started here in Houston 8/27, I have been overwhelmed. I have more students than I've ever had...175ish. It's crazy. My smallest class has 26 students. Thankfully/Oddly/Remarkably, no huge discipline problems, only a few slackers. So once I catch up with shit, I'm hoping I can take a deep breath and "have fun" for a change, with some classes.

Anyway, my drinking is as bad as ever. I am highly functional, like most of us on here, it seems like, but still not happy with my numbers either. It's just a big number habit I have incorporated into my life for 30+ years. I keep wondering when the boot is going to drop and I am diagnosed with some horrific health crisis. I have dodged the bullet so long...and very well may continue to. Afterall, I'm "not THAT bad". Such bullshit I kid myself with EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH - anyway

I'll catch up with everyone over the weekend and share my frustrations & other comments. Nothing has changed really, but my probs pale in comparison to some I've skimmed over here. Love you all -

XXXOOO

Oh PS: Movie recm (on Netflix): "Bernie" w/ Jack Black, Shirley McClaine, etc HILARIOUS & so typical of East TX culture (not mine - I'm Houston, but still...the accents & everything else is just great!!) and book recm: "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn (didn't click til about 1/2way thru so stick with it) OR "Dark Places" also by her. Good reads!

Lovelove

Comment

Hello, almost bedtime here, a very early morning, have to be up at 4:30, I just hate getting up that early, I did it for almost 40 years until I took my year off and got used to sleeping later and now it is almost impossible to go to sleep at 9PM like I have done for most of my adult life, and so now I am impossibly tired every day that I have to get up that early and work because I mostly have gone to bed at around 11Pm and that is just way to little sleep for me.

Space, it was wonderful meeting you today, you don't look like a "spacebebe" at all:h you look like the sweetest, kindest, most gentle soul, I feel so blessed to have you for my friend, I must say that I find it very amazing that I have come so far thru life without the blessing of having friends and now I'm finding that thru this awful alcohol affliction I am finding the very thing that has alluded me for so long "friends", so I can say that I really do believe that we are all here on this thread for reasons that go beyond just the obvious, and for each of us those reasons may be different.

Space, I have been thinking of you losing your husband, what a loss that must have been for you and your children, I can imagine how it must have been, and then again I know that it must have been even worse than I can imagine, no wonder you have had a problem sorting out your life, perhaps you fell into despair and drinking so much more after he died, I know that I certainly would have, you and your children must have suffered so much, I'm glad that you are finding your way back.

Sun, so strange about all the storms you are having, as you know I don't have a television and somehow just watching the short videos on the computer don't seem to really seem to keep me up to date with what is going on in the world. Sometimes I get the urge to buy a big screen TV and subscribe to Comcast or such but then I remember that I really can't afford to pay for it and I remind myself that I can watch it on my computer, but really I do miss watching things at length on the tele, like the presidential debates, etc. So, anyway, my mother emailed and said they are having the same storms in the midwest as you are. We never have thunder here in San Francisco, only one time that I can remember in the last 8 years.

WTE, I think that you will just need to take things very slowly, and even tho you are getting your appetite back somewhat and are worried that you are not seeing yourself gaining any weight, please, just try to be patient, remember that it takes a long time for your body to actually start gaining weight after being down for so long. So, first you have to start recovering, then you have to recover the calories, then at some point you will start to regain some weight, but it might take up to a year, so just concentrate on trying to start eat a more normal diet, and I do believe that eventually some weight will start to come back, and yes, perhaps an Ensure every day will help. And bye the way, that is the most adorable kitten I have ever seen, I absolutely adore cats, you will keep him right? I would take him except that my apartment manager won't allow pets, and that is awful because I really would love to have another cat at some time now. So, WTE, I really do think that you are OK, you will just need some time under your belt for your body to recover and get stronger and recover. As for the lonliness thing, well, I don't know if there is a cure for that, except for us to find someone out there, and I don't know if I have any hope of that happening, who knows, I suppose the Universe holds the answer!

Space, wow, about your mother sharing that she has a whiskey every night, isn't that amazing? the people that criticize us the most have the same issues, but I'm so happy that she is sharing with you.

Yes, Wu, I'm thankful that the U.S. does have some free healthcare for some low income people, and especially for children. It's sad that the emergency rooms of our hospitals are being overwhelmed with treating the uninsured people in our country and it is really destroying our hospitals financially, so it is certainly a problem for everyone. Now the other problem of being without health insurance is that the emergency room is not going to treat you for "skin cancer", "breast cancer", "lung cancer", or any of the other serious illnesses that people die from all the time, and even the free public health care clinics that we do have are having their funding cut now due to the bad economy. Wu, glad to hear you and your husband are on solid ground

Dizz, ok, so your going home for christmas is just a matter of your visa is up and also you are homesick, so it is just routine and BF will visit, good, good, but I hope getting a new visa is not too difficult, gee, it does sound like SA is a third world country with it being so difficult to get a visa, I suppose they think their citizens want to leave for good. I've been giving some thought to trying to coordinate a visit with you and Space while I am in Spain before you go back to SA, lets talk about it some more and see if it could actually work.

Sun, LISTEN TO THOSE CDS or I AM GOING TO COME AND MAKE YOU:H:H was that intimidating? well, I might just turn up on your doorstep:h

well, i must get to bed now, up at 4:30, coffee, then hope that I can make it thru the day without too much Topa Dopa:H, I'm actually starting to be careful now.

love, hugs and kisses,
                    play

Comment

Hi,

Im not feeling too good today, I dont know why, I had a good sleep last night but then forgot to set my alram clock so it was all rushed to get my son up for school, he was in time but I missed out on my coffee and smoke time first and now I feel so tired and crappy. I did want to write more but to tell you the truth I cant even be arsed doing that now so will have to come back later and do it, sorry.

xx

Comment

OK Im back and in a considerably better mood then before, I didnt know what to do with mysef so I got a bath with a magazine full of short fiction stories in a read one of those and have got out of the bath a different person. I shouldnt complain when you all have to get up and go to work no matter how crap you feel and I dont but I still need to say how I feel.

Oh Play I always knew my mum has whiskey every night, it that she told me she HAD to have it, even tho the amount is a lot less than what I drink the need for it is still there. She hardly ever gets drunk, maybe once a year at a party and then its tipsy not falling down drunk like I used to all the time in the bad old days, but she has never told me she had a need for it before. It was my mum tho who came to the doctor with me after I had done a few detoxes and still kep on drinking and the doctor then explained to her about it being dangerous for me to just stop at the level I was drinking because I was at that time getting dt's and how to reduce, and me and my youngest son stayed with her in her flat for a few days with her giving me vodka and lemonade, she would measure out and time for me over the first few days until I was well enough to come home. My eldest two where so against it, they where and still are of the opinion that I should not drink at all and even after hearing the doctors advice at that time my daughter still said that I should not drink.
                        Anyway, it was so lovely to meet you and I have meet sun as well, and I agree, I have missed out on friends thoughtout my life as well, I have never thought of anyone as being a close frined, I have had drinking mates like the woman round the corner who I dont see anymore but not any real friends and I feel like we are friends already. Thank you so much for the lovely compliment, it reminded me of a conversation I had yesterday with my 86 year old aunt who I spent the day with, I had been telling her about a flasher (a man who want to show you his penis, just in case you dont use that term) in the crematorium a few weeks before so that now when I am on my own I go of a weekday afternoon when the goardeners are there working. She asked me what did I do and I told her I turned round and shouted at him and he ran away :H and she was saying how tough I am, when in reality Im not at all, its all just a big front, one that was good in that situation but has been bad for me to keep up thoughout my life to keep everyone away, not just flashers.

I hope your day isnt too tiring Play and you can get some rest when you get home :l

WTE What a fab kitty, please keep him, I dont think he will be any bother and he will get used to Charlie, I think he was sent to you so you could save each other :l

How good to hear from you Houxt, what with your posts ending up somewhere out in space (oh hang on I should have read them then shouldnt I!) when you do try to post, I never know much about you, I started trying to read this whole thread, I dont think I eaver actually will finish it but I didnt realise youd been here so long. Do you take topa now?

Your sounding better today Wu, In Mexico Is that $130 per crown or more that one, if its more than one Im saving up to go and get them done, decent dental treatment here is expensive, I mean to have nice teeth. If your in pain you can go and queue up at the dental hospital for hours and get the tooth pulled out but thats not the same as good dental treatment is it

It would be lovely Sunny for us to all meet up somewhere wouldnt it, wow, I have a feeling if it where ever to actally happen it would problably be me having to come to USA tho rather that everyone trecking all the way over here just to end up camping in my garden in the rain:H I can just imagine it, lots of American women, and you of course,invading my little estate, everyone would be wondering what was going on. Oh and Dizzy as well, that would make it even more interesting. I would just tell them that you are all my friends, because you are.

Better make a move now and do something with the day, ho hum where shall I clean today that is the question, AHHHH I know, my bedroom

Bye XOXOXO

Comment

Morning All!

NOOOOOOOOOOO Sun – this is not his (DeVas) forever home! HA! I leave doors open for Charlie and often only have a baby gate across my front door when it’s nice outside. DeVas MUST be an indoor cat and that just doesn’t work for Charlie and I. Certainly NOT safe around here going outside for a cat! But it’s going to be tough giving this one up!

Hi Space! My, you sound full of energy and that’s great! Can I have some?? HA! I didn’t have the “tears” with Topa, but I suspect that when we start really slowing down on the AL, all KINDS of chemical changes are taking place. And BTW – SO grand to hear about your Mum and you!

WU – You and Play both explained out crappy insurance system here. I don’t have the answer – but I sure have a lot of questions! HA! I had a friend who got into a head on collision with an illegal immigrant here and it was NOT my friend’s fault. The other guy did not even have a driver’s license and had crossed the center divide.

They both were hurt badly and taken to the same hospital. My friend, having insurance, paid through the nose for his care because of deductibles and co-pays. The other guy? NOT being legal here? PAID ZERO. How unfair is that???? I am personally sick of covering others out of my pocket. Get legal, get a legal job, buy insurance and get out of my pocket or go home! GRRR. HA! Can you tell this is hitting a nerve after what my last hospital visit is going to cost me when I have done everything “right”??? Ok .. off that rant …. =)

Houtx! Chica! Happy to see you around campus again! HA! Please do a catch up when you can – I am too in the “I’m Not So Bad” club .. even with all this medical chit. I just know how we can’t pull it off forever,. UGH. Need a phone chat one of these days!

Play – You met Space? Huh? I have missed something here! Are you still in CA – and where is Space??? LOL

And yes – I know I just need to give all of this time. I am drinking Ensure (dark choc one is not TOO bad) and also Muscle Milk. I figure I need at least 1800 calories a day (not including wine! HA!) to get it to return. I do feel a touch more balanced and find that going out with friends for meals really helps me stay on track.

As for the DeVas kitten – as I said to Sun, it just not possible for me. I had a guy for 18 years that I finally had to put down a few years ago. HE was coyote wise and no clue how he learned that, but he stayed very safe. That’s not the case with most cats around here. I too often see posters of “Missing Cat” and you just know what the end of the story is.

Years ago when I lived at another house but it was still on lots of country property, I adopted 2 kittens. I SWORE I would keep them indoors. But then after watching them so long and seeing them longingly gaze out the windows, I would let them out just on the small lawn when I was there. That lasted for some time but then I got more lack about it even tho I would bring them in at dusk.. Soon they were outside more and more and the first one I lost to a bobcat! I know that because a neighbor down the road saw and heard it. UGH. The second one, a smaller female was swooped up by a barn owl right in front of me! So that’s it and me with cats! It would just break my heart – like it did all those years ago. I would LOVE to keep DeVas – he is AMAZING with Charlie! But, I will find him a perfect home where he will be safe. He’s still so young that many people will want him, as most prefer kittens and he is only 4 months old.

So …. I am just moving through the days and being back at the shop yesterday and working hard was really good for me. It WAS cut a bit short when I got the emergency call about DeVas – but that was SO cool! The shelter he was rescued to it just a few minutes from my shop. So the poor guy had traveled in one day from a North County shelter (area where I live) all the way to close to my shop (about 45 minutes) only to be brought back to North County. HA!

He is a LOVE with Charlie and NOT afraid of him at all! I wish I could have taken pictures last night, but I was laughing too hard! Charlie is a touch jealous when I hold him – but all the time his tail is wagging away! DeVas bounced around on my sofas and finally got brave enough to be on the floor with Charlie and at one point DeVas even pounced on his back and then jumped off. Charlie just laid there as calm as could be with that look of “I think those things scratch if I am not careful”. HA! HA!

Sorry that I need to stop and get it together and get to the shop – after the morning Devas care and meds. I already know I am going to be late playing with DeVas! LOL

Love to all ….

Comment

Gosh that took me a while to read WTE, I had to stop to google Coyote to see what they look like, I didnt even know they where dogs, and then google Bobcat, I worked out they had something to do with the cat family, fortunately I know what an owl is. How awful for you to have lost those cats, I understand you not wanting to keep this little one, and yes Im sure he will find a nice home where he can stay indoors. I find it so strange that you have these dangerous wild animals there, we have none here, I dont know how people who move there adapt. I always think of that when I hear about people moving to Australia with all their piosonous spiders and snakes and things, I think that would freak me out even more, you cant even see them and then theve bitten you and your dead, well that what I imagine, its probably not like that at all.

I am glad that you are drinking the drinks, I mean the ensure ones and getting you calories, this will take time but you will get there in the end.

Oh and bye the way, me and Play met on Skype, unfortunately I didnt just pop over to CA to meet her.

xx

Comment

Oh yes WTE, I do get it about the medical insurance and things just really do seem out of balance don't they, I super agree, it's very unfair and also totally un-understandable, things just don't really make any sense, :upset: I really don't even know if it can be fixed at this point, in fact I think we are in for hard times. Well on to brighter things

Yes, Space and I met via Skype, now I've wondered why it took so long to think of it, hmmm, Topa dopa or something, and hey Dizz do you Skype? And you WTE? I also met Wu when Sun was here, so we can have a group Skype thing sometime too:

And WTE, I totally understand about having things happen to the kitties, I've always loved cats and been a cat person, as well as a dog person, and being from the mountains of Colorado we also had a few cats that disappeared, and they were ones that never ventured far from the back deck, but living in the mountains it also didn't seem right to keep them cooped up indoors all the time, they always stayed in at night and came in whenever they wanted during the day, but I suppose we considered it also part of living in the wilds as far as the letting the cats come and go during the daytime. Every cat that we had was also a rescued cat and so they also had a chance at a great life and we never lost more than two of them as I remember, except to old age or once a brain tumor, most of them lived to be so old. And our last little dog I brought to San Francisco with me, he was 17 years old when I had to have him put to sleep, that really killed me, my children grew up with him as well as many of those cats:h

Hi Houtx, so nice to hear from you. How about posting more rather than just lurking:H
                              We could use your company, and Bruun hasn't been around in Forever, wonder how she is doing? I think I have seen her on Dizzs thread, hey Bruun, come say hi to us, I bet you are out there reading somewhere:h.

Well, I could hardly keep my eyes open at work today, 4:30 came awfully early, now I know that Sun loves to get up that early:h but, I hate it, I will have to get to sleep earlier tonight. BTY Sun, how are the thunderstorms for you last night and what about tonight? Sometimes I miss the sound of thunder but I surely don't miss the tornado sirens that happen all the time where my mom and aunt live in Kansas and Oklahoma.

Ok, bye for now, love and hugs,
                              Play

Comment

Hi all - not long in from work. Doing a clopen so have to be in bed fairly soon. Got the DM (District manager) coming tomorrow too and she always turns up early - like 8.00 early !!

WTE - I quite understand your not being able to keep DeVas. Oh gosh that would have done me in to have lost your cats like that......, so say no more - NO, you can't keep him !! We have coyotes here but they keep well away from our homes, and when we had cats we did keep them as indoor ones although coming from England, that was really strange for me and took a LOT of getting used to. but we had Birmans and I think people would have stolen them had we let them out anyway.

No, Play - nor I, met Space - we talked to her on skype. LOL. She is such a sweetie - not a Space babe at all. Just a really nice - as Play said - gentle soul - such a nice person.

Space - so happy that you felt better later - you just needed what I call my 'sit and stare' time !! It sounded as if you got it and it did you good.

Houtx - I have said it before and I shall say it again - I am amazed that all teachers are not alkies!!! I could NEVER do what you do! I admire you so much for your profession ! Looking forward to your weekend post but won't hold my breath - LOL.

Hi there wu - most of your post was about insurance - but how are you doing? I am happy to hear that you and hubs are good :h. What did you go and cook? Are you getting out and going swimming more?

I am sorry this is such a short post and I am not addressing everyone but i need to get to bed - doing a clopen means I get to bed late and get up very early. And I need to go and sort the dogs then get me taken care of and then get to bed. A short read and then sleep!!

love and hugs to all,

sun XXX

Comment

Working...
                                X