New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play: I'm so sorry to hear about your granddaughter's condition but excited that she is finally getting GH! How soon will you see a difference and what do you expect to see w GH? Is her apnea related to low respiratory muscle tone as well? I'm so glad she is cognitively normal.... Will she get her muscle tone from GH?
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

SPACE !!!! SO happy to see you but so sorry you have not been well. I hope you recover in time to visit Play.... Also sorry about you hitting the vodka..... wonder what is up with that eh? Hopefully you can have a good long natter with Play and put you, her, and the world to rights !!! I so wish I could be there too. Just VERY happy to see you here. Flu is the pits and I do hope that you feel better soon - get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids - preferably not vodka - LOL.

Stuck - good to see you here too - always nice when you pop in amonst us females - I am doing fine - tough for most here though - but I am hanging in. Thanks for coming and seeing us :l

Ally - I am sure it is going to really hard for your sister - my daughter ALWAYS tells me she loves me when she leaves to go anywhere 'cos she says you never know what might happen....... and she wants the last thing she says to me to be that she loves me. I think there is some truth in that. When do you leave for your homeland? Treasure the time that you have with your dad. I know I would give practically anything to have one more day with mine....... :upset:

Hi there play - good to see you again. I know that you must be so busy. I bet you are so looking forward to seeing space. I hope the two of you take lots of pics of the two of you together and send them to us via e-mail. I understand with your drinking but it must be hard with being there when you are used to being on your own. Are you still taking the Topa? You say you check the thread several times a day - it is very quiet right now, with WTE being so busy, you being there and Space being ill, Dizzy being in UK, it has been me, Ally and Bruun sort of holding it together. In fact I am feeling sort of tired.

Anyway, I need to e-mail my aunt - a very dear friend of hers has had a stroke - a split artery in the brain, and then I think I am going to curl up on the sofa with my Nook.

love and hugs to all, sun XXX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

You guys this note will not cover what it should bkz I'm ploughed, biz travel knocks me out. Excuse my Kindling and omissions - (edit: I had to come back and correct the Kindling it gets so bad, I can't figure out what I was trying to say).

Space I am drinking gin so if I can be someone to relate to please contact me.

Play - thanks for the details ... not sure who has the biggest lesson opportunities, you or your daughter. Wish I could assist somehow, maybe soon there will be a way I can.
        Dog situation. Is pending see howy he does... thx :thanks: [Update: epidural steroidal injection is new temporary option]

I will have to stop the Kindling. I do it and send, and despite all my correcting the actual post looks different from the one I sent. Some sort of after texting happens in the transmission. Like Dish Network on a rainy day, you'd be better off with nothing than the crap I deliver on Kindle.

Space, are you around?

Sun, found out my hypnotist grew up with the philosophy we were talking about.

Comment

Hey there, Bruunkindle, it's always lovely to see you. Sorry about the gin. Sun, thanks for the welcome back. I'll always pop in when there are ladies around except in real life I guess. Anyway, I want to thank every one of you ladies here. I seem to feel like the rest of MWO is verboten for me since I took bac all the way up to the switch then took it all the way down to drinking again. But not only are you all so wonderful but this thread is a great place to hide while I get my shit together.

Sorry I don't have more personal responses to everyone but haven't been able to keep up.

Love and :l to all.

Comment

Hi All,
            First Of all to Al, well to begin with regarding our baby, the Hypotonia affects every muscle, organ and cell in the body, for example she could not cry when she was born, eventually started making some little noises and now can cry full on although she rarely does that, maybe because it takes a lot of energy and also she seems to be just a very sweet tempered little girl. The day she started being able to smile was a celebration for us.

Because of the lack of muscle tone, she will meet all of her developmental stages, just later than normal, that is why she has been having special kinds of physical therapy since she was two weeks old. She needs growth hormone because the hypothalamus is involved and it will help enable her to grow to a normal height and promote everything growing in the right proportions. It will help her develop muscle tone, help her brain grow and give her more energy. She most likely will never be as athletic as kids without this but a very physical lifestyle is promoted.

Probably within a couple of months we will see some changes due to the GH, basically that she is Growing. It should also help avoid problems that would come up without it, she has to take it for her whole life, but it is a tiny injection, much less than a Odiabetic would be having to do.

Right now she does not have Apnea but the GH can both cause Apnea Spells and/or make them get better, all the babies have to be on a monitor for safety.

Hi Stuck, it's always so nice when you pop in, we are still going to drag you away for a bit of our Great Roadtrip Adventure":H:H:H We know Where You Live!

Hi Sun, Thinking of you and miss our chats, first thing to do when I return home.

Hey Bruun,I'm happy your doggie is getting the injections, who knows perhaps it will postpone the surgery indefinitely. I had tendinitis in my wrist years ago and put up with it for about 3 years, until it was so swollen and I couldn't even us it at all, I finally got an injection and it worked a miracle, it has not come back yet and that was 10 years ago, but the one I got 2 years ago in my shoulder after an injury didn't help in the least bit, guess it is wait and see.

And yes, having our baby with this disability is definitely teaching us to be better human beings in many ways. I would be going on forever here if I started telling about how this has affected us and made us grow, maybe sometime we can talk about it. This little girl is an absolute angel and we are so blessed to have her in our family. Many people have been saying prayers for our baby and for us and I think that is probably the best assistance that we can ask for.

Ok, gotta go for now, I get up two times during the night to help my daughter reposition herself due to her hip replacement and I have the 5:30 bottle (of milk):H, it lets mama and papa have a bit more sleep which is something they desperately need.

Space, thinking of you, please let is know if you are feeling any better, XOXO

Love, Hugs and Peace: play

Comment

Just waving a QUICK hello from NEVER NEVER Christmas Land here! Promist to to ppst soon .. missing you all!

Comment

Hi WTE - SO glad that you posted - I was beginning to despair of you.

Play - thanks for the post - it is too late for me to reply in full - but it was good to see you here.

Bruun - I should NOT say don't worry about the gin - anywhere else but on this thread they would have a go at you but here is safe :l:l. Love and hugs. I was going to call you but having to be up at 5.00 have decided it is too late. maybe tomorrow ?

Stuck - please - you ARE safe here ! Do not delete posts !! We love to have you visit..... feel free to say whatever you want/need to.......

And I need to get to bed. I turned my alarm clock off this morning when it went off at 5.00 and woke up at 6.00 - OH DEAR !!!! Anyway I still wasn't late but I don't like being rushed.

Off to bed. Love and hugs to all, love Sun XXX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I am off to bed BUT I am fed up !!!!

Comment

Hey y'all - I'm a "drive by" too...

But skimmed over so many posts: so sorry for the loss of mothers, anxiety about going home, usual family stuff, feeling ill, stressed, etc

Thx Sunny for being the one that keeps us all coming back. After I posted the other day, I resolved to do better...but did not until last night. Went to a holiday dinner, drank less, needed to go to bed & did..woke up feeling like a fairly normal person!! lol Got up and jogged the neighborhood (which I am trying to to 3-4x/wk) and the day was GREAT!!

HELLO to drinking less!!! I will continue to try!! My daughter is here this weekend, so I am about to turn in, as she has...and be a good role model. I hate it when I stay up too late, on the computer, having a few...time gets away. Suddenly I am pretty much shit-faced and fall in bed with no clear recollection...UGH, I HATE that about myself. Not everyday, but lately WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too often than I prefer.

So yesterday I had like 4 drinks, went to bed & read...felt like a million bucks all day...4 drinks is too much, but in el photo grande, I think much better than 40!!!! LOL Hope alls well w/ everyone. I have had 6 so going to bed...I hope! Shopping the 'net lures me!! lol

XO

Comment

Hi everyone:
                      Hello to houtx, brun and wTE who stopped by!
                      And thanks to play for that explanation about the benefit of the GH. I'm really hopeful that this is the treatment for your granddaughter! Keep us posted!
                      Everyone is now Nooking and Kindling. We are so reliant on technology....

Getting late. Whole day of work. I'm sick of work. I work 6 days a week and I am sick of it. I don't have time to enjoy life. I'm so drained....
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Sun, you are Fed Up? With food or something else? Please share.
                        Play

Comment

playland;1423670 wrote: Sun, you are Fed Up? With food or something else? Please share.
                          Play
                          ROTFLMBO !! No - not fed up with food - funny!! Just suddenly felt really tired and found out yesterday that I am working sunday too which means i am on a 6 day run now as well. Bummer. Next day off won't be 'til tuesday - last one was last Tuesday. Anyway, positive thinking - I am over half way there!

Got to get going - early shift today,

love and hugs to all, Love, sun XX

Comment

Sun, wish I had your positive thinking... I'm so in the dark right now... I can't think seem to have many positive thoughts. Sorry to be so negative. Normally I'd be drinking ... But I don't even feel like it... I just want to go to church on Sunday....
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Hi Dear Al,

You said that you are so in the dark right now! What is that about? Are you discouraged' depressed, anxious, or something else? Let us know so that we can help out in some way, you are among friends here lots of comfy couches and recliners, we are the "be who you are" thread. Hope to hear from you soon,
                              Love, play

Comment

Hi All ....

Sorry for another "drive by ... but if you have been wondering WHERE I have been ...

[img][/IMG]

Will try to post later .... just a bit NUTSO about now! HA!

Love to All ...

WTE & Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                X