New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning to all...... what a difference when I just have one drink - got home after closing last night and had one Guinness then went to bed around 12.30 - woke up at 6.00 feeling all bright eyed and bushy tailed! So I am up and about to start DOING !!!

Bruun - I wonder if the batches are of different quality - as you might have wondered too. For last nights (or the night before's as it is now today) to have worked better, it is just a thought....

Sorry about the on-going trouble with your pooch - must be terrible for you and to see him hurting too. Your gut will nkow what is best - let us know when you hear from the other chap!!

I started to smile (funny smile) when I read the bit about the rib, then it turned into an aawww smile the further i read. Yes, I so agree with you - not about you being a bartender, but about serving others. :H Mind you after the new moon yesterday - (I KNEW there was something up with the moon - customers were so grouchy and off yesterday!!) I think I should find a different way to serve others!!

Play - re the rib - I think it is just a pulled muscle as the pain isn't as bad now. As long as I don't keep poking it to see if it is still hurting in the same space - LOL. then it just starts it off again.

You do sound really busy but a good sort of busy. I know your daughter and family are so glad that you are there to help. Life will seem very quiet when you return home.

I haven't heard from space either - not through Skype where I left a message or through Pm's. All I can say is that I know she will come back when she is ready. I just hope all is well. Love you Space XXX

Thinking of you this morning WTE too - and how busy and rushed your life is right now. Hang in there - not too terribly long to go..... :l to you...

ally - I am not sure when you go home - I think it is around now - let us know if you can - hope everything goes well for you and hugs to you too :l

Well, I need to dig out my Christmas cards and make a start on those I think. Back later everyone and have a great day,

love Sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi, sun: I'm leaving tomorrow. It's been 11 years since the last time I was in Taiwan... I hope the public bathrooms are better now. . Things are also rushed here because of the holidays, work, family, travel, etc. hope you and everyone here stay warm and cozy and safe! Especially if it starts to snow... It's so dangerous to drive on snowy roads and be very careful! Love, ally
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Oh Ally - I wish you a safe trip and so hope everything goes well for you. I am sure it will all be very emotional for you - we are just fingers away from you on the computer - please remember that won't you? :l:l:h:h

Now - to me - I am having the most amazing day off and wanted to share. Took the dogs to be groomed and they had messed up the appt times so I brought them home which was good - it meant that they actually had a car ride where nothing bad happened at the end of it! Neither like going in the car!! I need to start taking them on short rides with me just to get them used to going in the car to nowhere. Poor Katie actually wee'd when I picked her up as she KNEW that she was going in the car - aawwww.

Anyway - went back out and ran errands then came home and cleaned the bathroom, cleaned the cooker, have hoovered and dusted, did my Christmas cards before I went out - and am listening to Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas music - I am having such a lovely day I wanted to share it with you all. I am now going to try and hook up my daughters TV for her so she can get Wi-Fi in her bedroom. Hubs has left, daughter isn't home for 4 hours so I have time to me !! I need to iron which is fine. I just feel really good today!

SO, on that note, I am going to get going - oh, need to marzipan my Christmas cake later today as well, so that is one more thing to add to my list.

love and hugs to all, Sun XXX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good for you Sun, sounds like a wonderful day.:h

Comment

Sun: yes, agree w play: what a wonderful day and sounds like you have your drinking under control! Good for you! My demon now is my weight. I started a weight losers thread but I know you and WTE don't need to lose weight. I have 25 lbs or so to go! Grief has definitely reduced my appetite and I have continued to take my topamax just to finish my bottle off and I think it's helping to reduce appetite just at 50 mg a day. I saw a psychiatrist yesterday to deal w the death of my mother and a person who committed suicide. She made me feel so much better and relieved. But still a long way to go to climbing out of this dark abyss.
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Ally - PLEASE Pm me if you want to.... I am here for you...... love and hugs, Sun :l:l:h:h

Comment

Just a quick note to let you know I arrived home safe... 24 hours later and tired as a dog.

All the best Ally. :l

Speak to you guys when I feel human again.

:h

Comment

Al, where is your weight loss thread, I have 25 lbs also to lose also, I'd like to take part in it.

And I'm so sad that you are having to go thru such a difficult time and i I think that the grief is something that you just have to experience and let yourself go with it, I know it's awful, but you will come out on the other side eventually and it will still be with you but in a different way.

I also feel that the suicide of someone close is almost harder to bear than the natural death, and I only say this because we had a suicide in our family and I know that there is just no way to understand it in a rational way, now or ever, we just have to know they were Iin a different reality than the ones left behind.

Al, please know that you are not alone, it may feel like it, but remember that we are here for you, not only on the thread but also as caring people with real names, at the other end of a private message, just hang in there, time is really the only thing that helps.

Love and Strength to you,
                  Play

Comment

Dear Dizz, so glad you are safely home and thanks for letting us know, you know that we are family:h

Post when you get rested up a bit and look forward to hearing about your trip home and now seeing your family and being where it is warm

Love,play

Comment

Hey there .... Dizzy, glad that you arrived home safely. thanks for letting us know. I am sure you will catch us up on how things are when you are over your jet lag !!

Hi there Play - gosh this thread is SO quiet isn't it? Even I haven't posted for a day or two.......

Getting ready for work - doing a clopen today and tomorrow, so have to get my ducks in a row regarding clothes and stuff.

Love and hugs to all, Sun XX

Comment

Sun - you sound so much better...I am happy for you sweetie!!
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Whats up?

Still too hot to have much of a valuable contribution but I saw it was really quiet around here so I thought I would help out a little bit.

Shoo, when I woke up this morning it was the weirdest feeling. Because I didnt sleep for 24 hours and then I was so wired I slept like the dead, I had plenty of nightmares about the UK and South Africa and woke up not knowing where the hell I was and why someone left on the heating overnight... It really took me about 20 minutes to figure out I wasn't still dreaming and I was really back 'home' home .

One of my dreams was about an ex boyfriend and I've been having a few of them lately and then I heard he was coming to my welcome back barbeque tomorrow. Thats OK though, we did become friends after we split up (I usually do that) but the last dream just still feels lodged in my brain. I was the one who split up and I don't want to get back together though and if he does he hasn't said anything in 5 years so its fine.

I somehow feel a bit more connected when I'm in the same hemisphere as most of you as its weird to try and explain how you're fighting mozzies and having outdoor cold showers when the others have snowy avatars LOL Its only a couple of weeks though and then I'll be back. The flights was a pain in the ass though as they were both chock a block as everyone seems to be scrambling to get to sunny South Africa this time of year.

Bf phoned and I already miss him but I know I'll settle in in a few days time and feel a bit more orientated...and used to driving again

Love and hugs to all.

:l

Comment

Looks like things are pretty quiet around here...

Sunny - loved your description of the wonderful day you had. Love the holidays!! Hope your schedule easesup a bit so you can relax!

Alkie - 25 lbs is obtainable in a reasonable period of time, but I suggest trying to just maintain thru the holidays & trying to lose the rest afterwards. I am so sorry for your loss and hope the fact so many people care about you on here is some comfort.

Comment

Oh gosh, can't believe I forgot: WTE, your pics are BEAUTIFUL!! Do you decorate your own house?? I'd love to see...

Comment

Howdy Houston, WTE...and ol' friends :l
                                :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                                :what?:
                                sigpic
                                Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                                A Forum
                                Trolls need not apply

Comment

Working...
                                X