New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunni - when I stopped eating meat, I stopped cooking it. If they want a turkey, then they fix it. That was one of the reasons that I stopped eating meat, I just couldn't stand holding that dead bird in my hands. :upset:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Sun,

I have two cats already, they're not much company for the dog or each other. But EVERYBODY wants a piece of me. That's why I hesitate to get a friend for my pup, as my sister says, they won't exercise themselves which is one thing I secretly wish they would do. But her dog was much happier when she got the second dog, companionship. I don't feel like playing ball every night or going to the dogpark so it would be good if I could find a buddy to play with him.

I don't feel like doing much of anything. I need to start topa and hope the depression doesn't kill me, because I need some help here! Ugh, holiday time is always my hardest.

For the life of me, I have no idea why I was so into cake making this past month. It sure made people happy receiving them, so I'm glad I did it. But now I've got so many stupid shaped bundt pans like cathedrals and swirls and hearts, that I'm having storage problems. Duh. And I haven't even USED the heart one yet. Maybe I'll give one of them to my cousin for her bday. Her grandkids would love them.

And there's NO reason you should do a turkey or other flesh. They can bring it as their dish contribution. And if you are smart, you will give the rest of the bird and the carcass away after dinner so someone can make soup and you don't have to deal with that too. I feel like if you honor the animal and you utilize their gift fully, it's excusable. Anytime you hear someone whinging about their cholesterol, tell them to remove animal products mostly meat and it will get alot better for most people. That can be your secret weapon - although it's not so secret, is it?

Happy day, all, time for my medicinal.

Comment

Hi, brunn: was it you who ordered the liquid bac recently and found it helpful? I don't know, maybe it is the bac making you tired? But of course I'm always tired regardless what I take. You could give me cocaine I would probably still be tired (I never tried illegal drugs though, not even marijuana... Just very strict childhood...)x

Hi Nora: nice seeing you here!

Hi, sunny and dizzy! Always good to see you guys!

Nothing to report. Just happy to be back home from work (no one showed up so I got paid for doing nothing!!!!!).

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Poof

Comment

Great way to end the work and start your own holiday WTE. Lovely.

Ally. Figured out tonite that I have been taking benedryl every am this week instead or thyroid med. No wonder I'm sleeping so well. OMG. Same blister packs and I take before getting out of bed so... my excuse! Ive been worried it was the new Bill batch of bac (not Loop) causing the fatigue bkz it is diff from old batches from him. So not only was I getting the tired benedryl in the AM but I wasn't getting the boost from the thyroid! So ignore my recent stuff. Hoping things turn around pronto.

Cheers!

Exhale, WTE!!

Comment

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY FRIENDS

Have a wonderful day - I will be back later !!

hugs, Sun XX
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Poof

Comment

Ok – Now I AM THE ONE talking to myself! LOL

So far it has been a WONDERFUL Christmas morning!

I just came home from the Doggy Park with Charlie and was amazed at how many people and dogs were there on a holiday! Took cup o’ coffee and it was COLD again – but now quite nice.

I really should have had my camera as Charlie befriended a GIANT great Dane this morning. It was funny – twice his height but a gentle giant. And, Charlie has begun to learn how to play “ball”. I know that sounds silly – but a dog locked in a kennel it’s first 5 years – well, they have no clue about toys and the such!

There was this very funny guy from Taiwan there with another Golden. He was tossing the ball with one of those “handle things” and Charlie would just chase the other dog. The guy was SWEET enough to “faker” his dog out and then toss for Charlie. He is learning!

Funny part is … and this is a beautiful park …. His family from Taiwan is here for the holidays. He invited them to the dog park. Off LEASH dog park. LOL I think I almost saw his Mother have a heart attack when Charlie went up to say hello, not to mention 10 + other dogs! HA! HA! It was the FIRST DOG EVER IN HER LIFE that she pet. =)) How cool is that? Charlie sat sweetly and looked her in the eyes and you could SEE this poor woman’s fear …. That soon was gone.

BEST Christmas Present Charlie ever gave!!!

So home now and about to build a fire. I know – It’s San Diego and not cold – but you have to have the fireplace going on Christmas even if I have to keep the doors open! HA! HA!

Called my Lil Sister in the Bay Area and of course she did not pick up. *sigh* So left her a message wishing her a Merry Christmas, that I missed our “sisterhood” and that I loved her. That I would write her an email as she always says he never gets my messages on her cell.

What do I get back? “Got you message. Have a good day”. UGH UGH UGH Oh well – can only put the hand in the fire for so long….

On with my day and sending good thoughts for all of you my friends!

WTE & Chuck

Comment

No, you are not talking to yourself. I am here too now. Everyone has left and youngest daughter just took herself off for a nap. Hubs had to work so took M-I-L with him as she lives near where he works. Everything went well - food was good, Grands behaved and all is right with the world.

SO glad that you enjoyed the dog park - sounded like fun. And there is NO way anyone could EVER be scared of Charlie !!!!!

SO sorry about your little sister - sad for both of you. My sibs and mum and I all planned the right time and skyped together and had such a laugh - I haven't laughed that much since we were all together last year for mums birthday. It was so lovely to chat with them all together - makes me even more sad for you with your sister - one day she will really be upset about the way she was and by then it will be too late.

Anyway my dear friend - I am going to go on the sofa with my Nook - might doze off, might not. Either way I am going to chill out. Enjoy the rest of your day......

love and hugs to you, Sun XX
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Happy Holidays Dear Friends!

Hi Everyone,

Just a short post to say that I am thinking of everyone and hope your days are wonderful and that we remember to be thankful for our blessings, good friends here, our families (animal and human), and whatever you are thankful for in your life:h

I have to read back three pages so can't talk to anyone really personally but will read up as soon as possible, I skimmed thru and see lots of stuff I want to comment on.

Bruun, I want to say to you that I am very sorry if I added any more worry and stress to you regarding your sister. I think I might have been a lot more positive about the outlook for MS patients, I guess I have just had some heartache associated with it. But I want really to send good energy to you and your sister and there is every reason to expect a good outcome. I'm experiencing these same conflicting emotions about my little granddaughter, and it has been a challenge for me to have hope and faith that things will be ok.

Anymore just want to say to all, have a great day whatever time zone that you are in. My day is done and I'm bone tired, we are on day two of the traditional Spanish family dinners that last from 2pm until about 8pm, definitely not low key here. There are so many relatives that one night was our Christmas dinner, today was Christmas dinner for the grandfathers side of the family and tomorrow for the grandmothers side of the family, about 30 people each time except for our dinner on Christmas Eve.

Talk as soon as I have some time and return home on Friday but will check in before then.

Love you guys,
                      Play

Comment

Merry Christmas all...and no worries Play. I had my panic attack and just further realized one of my earthly purposes is to help my sister and focus on that goal. Another goal is dogpark with WTE.
                        Sun, enjoy that special solitude and know you will find a way to keep it happening.
                        Play- all I can say is you must be EXHAUSTED! When do you get invited to someone else's home for a change Kr are you here to have the ideas of family and sere ice drilled into your head?:l

Comment

Good Morning everyone - I have a 6.00 am start this morning at work and am up and raring to go - LOL I hope that you all enjoyed your day yesterday - SPACE - if you are reading, we really did miss you :l

Bruun - no wonder you have been tired !!! OMG - taking Benadryl instead of your thyroid meds! Benedryl knocks me for 6 ! And no thyroid either - talk about a double whammy for you. Hopefully you are taking the right stuff now and will feel better almost immediately !

Hi there play - gosh, you are busy aren't you? I would find all the entertaining exhausting - even if it wasn't mine ! Happy for you though that you were there and could spend Christmas with your family. You will really miss them when you come home.

WTE - I hope that your day yesterday was calming for you after the hustle and bustle but today we are both back at it - LOL.

They have forecast snow for today for us but I don't think we will get much if any - hope not ! It is so pretty to look at - but that is it !

Ally - how was your Christmas? Do you get any time off around now or is it back to work for you as well?

Off to get ready for work. Love and hugs to all,

Sun XX

Comment

Happy Day After!!!!

Sun ? NOPE! You had Christmas Eve off ? I have TODAY OFF! HA! Sorry!

The shop is technically closed, although I have 2 Designers in to start on a big install that happens Friday for New Years and a big client that arrives that night. WAY too many pieces to get done in one day so they chose to start early today on it all ? BLESS my Team! I am SO lucky!

You guys ALL make me tired with all you have done for the holiday! LOL I was a total slug yesterday after the doggie park ? it was GREAT! My neighbor from across the road (Sun ? you know the place!) came over with some gifts and invited me to dinner. I guess she had mentioned it before but I had never really committed.

Anyway, she had her dog there and her daughter?s dog and so said to bring Charlie as well. It was fun, very relaxing, big group of fun people and other than the dogs beating up on Charlie ? all was great. I had to bring Charlie back into the house ? poor guy ? he is just NOT dominant at all! HA! And so had some nice wines with dinner and then thankfully only had to walk across the road and up my driveway when it was time to say goodbye. =) Perfect! Sun ? I thought of you as they were carving the turkey! HA! HA! Sorry! They gave me a big plate to take home ? I made it part of Charlie?s dinner! Funny ? I am beginning to get pretty grossed out by meat these days too. Why? But the stuffing was GREAT!

As much as I missed having a tree and all the trimmings this year ? today I am GRATEFUL to not be thinking about putting it all away! LOL Well ? OK, I?m not even going to THINK about the shop and that nightmare until tomorrow. What a disaster that is every year after it?s all over!

Brunn: I am so sorry I have not commented on your sister. Bless her soul and bless God that she has you in her life. There are SO many new advances in medicine now that there is much more hope than ever. I lost my Life Partner to Lou Gehrigs years ago and I can?t help but wonder if he would still be with us had it all happened as we move forward with understanding these diseases. Know my thoughts are with you and your sister ?

And YES! Doggie Park! HA! Heck, I never get around to planning ahead, but I will try to be better! Wanna meet in 2 hours??? HA! HA!

NO clue about basenjis. Do you REALLY need another that needs a part of you? You already sound So busy!!

Someone sent me a funny post on FB of a sigh I MUST get made for my property! I live in a bit of a rural area and we are legal to have our dogs off leash and all have a few acres. Recently, a couple of new houses up on the hill have been built. As well as (GET THIS!) a large and very ugly :mansion? that was being rented out for ?events? such as wedding, etc. It just recently became a REHAB place! UGH.

Now, I have NOTHING against anyone trying to get clean or sober! (Obviously) But the cars that now come racing up our road is INSANE! And there is one wacked out guy that walks the hills and had invaded a few of my neighbor?s properties ? obviously TOTALLY stoned. He scared the chit out of me one afternoon when he popped out of the bushes! I am sure he is harmless and just trying to find his way. But the fast cars are NOT ok!

The sign that was posted to me reads:

OLD DOG
                            YOUNG DOG
                            SEVERAL STUPID DOGS
                            Please Drive Slowly

HA! I am going to have one made!

Space
                            : If you are reading ? know I am thinking of you as well. Give a shout out when you are ready please.

Ally
                            : Hope you had a wonderful one! Not sure I understand what type of work you do ? but getting paid for no clients can?t be a bad thing. LOL Be careful about the weight loss! Not sure if you know MY history ? but it was not pretty if you have that SE from Topa. Lose a few pounds if you want ? but DON?T let it get out of control!

Nora: Hope you also had a wonderful one. Soon we shall meet!

Diz!: My My it must be a touch odd to be back home after all the time away. I hope your day was great as well ?. YUM ? poolside! Jealous!

We have a touch of rain again this morning. Not a bad thing as this is pretty much the only time of year we get enough water ? well, not totally true as our climate seems to be changing a bit. It?s finally light now and I may just brave a walk with Charlie here in a bit if it clears a touch.

Teezah: WELCOME! I am one that normally posts the monster posts but with the season and my business I have been quite MIA. I hope you stay with us! And bless you for your attitude with your daughter! Quite admiring really. =)

Houtx!:
                            Merry Merry!!! I just may be seeing you soon. I MUST go visit my Dad soon as he turns 90 in February and it has been forever since I have seen him. I wish I could drive it and take Charlie ? but it?s 22 hours from my place to Houston! NOT happening! LOL

I hate driving long hours anymore ? not sure why. I used to drive San Francisco to San Diego at least once a month and that was about 10 hours to my sister?s house. Now I choke even at the 4.5 hour drive to go camping in the Sierras.

Houtx
                            and happy to hear you may try Topa again in the new year ?.

Kicked my BUTT (in a good way) with the wine. Can no longer risk the SEs. =(

Well. I have done it again! Gone back pages and pages and STILL feel like I have not caught up with everyone! Dang! Tis the season I suppose ?.

So I will have another delightful day OFF! Yea! No plans and that is a great thing! Oh, I must go outside and get more firewood ? my only project for the day. HA! That and Charlie ?..

Back on Thursday and Friday and then the weekend off ? short day Monday and closed on Tuesday again! Ahhhhh ? the perks of having to be able to call my own hours. HA!

Love and hugs to all?.. may we ALL be doing better in 2013!!!

WTE & C

Comment

WTE: my from Taiwan! Grew up there, came to US at age 11. So funny to read that you met someone at Doggie park from Taiwan!

Sun: my Christmas I laid in bed. Think maybe some depression. Still can't meditate. Mind not quiet. Looking forward to doing something about it. Maybe shock therapy will work? What you said about reincarnation helped me tremendously so thank you so much!!!!

Brun: sorry about your sister and I hope your panic attacks get better... Hope you have some benzo to help?

Play: send in the material waiting for lessons. Wow, your Christmas was a huge production!!!! Must be tired after that!!!! I have no energy like that...

Ok, I'm still in a funk. Some days I'm ok. At work I try to be upbeat, but once at home, I don't even interact w my family. I force myself to do stuff w my friends. I just want to be alone. I don't eat anymore, not sure if its topamax or depression, but WTE, I need to lose 25 more pounds as I am overweight for my height. Only 5'3", I weigh 142.5 now, was 150!!! Someone thought I was pregnant!

Ok, don't mean to drag everyone down.... Just not a good month for me. Will log on when feeling better.
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

A Bit of a Catch Up.

Greetings from Play in Spain,
                                Going to try to catch up a bit, otherwise it will be impossible as I will be traveling soon back to the US.

Where to start? Hello FreeFly, welcome to the thread even if it was an error, we can always use a new face:h

And hello Teeza, so glad you are here, please post whenever you can find the time. I can just imagine how hectic your life probably is with having a disabled child as well as two other children. I know that in addition to the time that all children take, having a disabled child takes even more time and a lot of mental and emotional stress. I also have a granddaughter who was born with a rare genetic condition and I do know the stress and worry affect every member of the family, I hope that you have a large extended family, that has been our saving grace, just having that extra help when things are rough. S hope to hear from you when you are able.

Dizz, I just love curry dishes, could you give us your recipe? Hope everything is going well and when do you return to the UK? A couple more weeks, right? We didn't have pool side dinners here in Spain but it has certainly been like beautiful spring weather here, a little more mild than other Decembers when I have been here. BooHoo for me that I have not gotten to the beach or anything else really as I have just been home with my daughter helping to get her thru the first month of recovery from her surgery, but its ok, I have been here many times

Hi Houtx, good luck to you on starting the Topa again, I so wish that I had never run out of it the first time that I started, as it has never worked as well since, but it does help for sure. I have something to report about the Topa when I get home and settled, it would take too long tonight.

Hey Sun, exactly what kind of cake is that anyway? And do I understand right that it can sit around for a couple of weeks before Christmas? I thought only fruit cakes could do that, which reminds me that I love fruitcake and have a killer recipe that I got from my mother, if anyone is interested in having it.

Bruun, again, I'm so hopeful for your sister to do well. Would you mind sharing what medication/treatment that she will be taking and what her symptoms have been that led to her diagnosis, please PM me if you want:h. I also have wanted to get another cat since my cat died last year and also a dog, my little poodle was 17 years old when I had him put to sleep, but I know that right now I would have no one to take care of them when I am gone so much, I'm thinking maybe when I am old and don't get around so much, maybe then again, and also right now my apartment won't allow pets:upset:.

Hi Nora, Hppy Christmas.

Dear WTE, haha, I will need to wait till later to respond to your recent posts, lots to comment on but not enough time and I want to say hi to as many as I can. But I will say how sweet of you to put out leftovers for free and YAY that they went to some elderly people this time. And more later on this, but so sad about you issues with your sister, can't imagine why she does that.

Bruun. OMG!!! How awful that you were taking Benedryl rather than your thyroid medication.

Bruun, you make me laugh about the family service thing, more about it later, I think yes, I care for others and neglect myself, will share later about that.

Ally, I also have much to respond to about your last post later after I get home, a couple of things tho, no, I don't have the energy for the kind things I have been doing here, I have just pushed myself knowing that it is temporary and I have to get thru it, I'm absolutely exhausted. Also, I saw a therapist here that my daughter is seeing and she said that as long as I am weighed down with stresses, sad emotions, depression, etc., that of course I don't have the energy to meditate and etc., maybe the same for all of us in our situation. I will write at length about her later. Ally, please don't apologize for your feelings and think that you are bring us down, that is why we are here for each other. I also know what you mean about wanting to be alone, it is the depression I think. S anyway, I have a lot to share about this therapist that I saw, she is a Psychotherapist and uses kinesiology and it is amazing.

Ok All, love You, I will be returning home on Friday and get into SF very late, I hope to sleep in on Saturday and perhaps I can talk with you on sat night or Sunday.

Peace and Love, play

Comment

Working...
                                X