New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunni - you didn't say anything wrong. You are trying to work on yourself. Finding out what you need to do. That's what we all are doing.
    I'm fine. Happy so see you here. :l Is there anything I can do to help you?
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi,all: hate to see anyone leave Topa thread,,,,I know I haven't been around... just been reading and keeping up w the weight loss thread.... I see people trying different stuff. ultram or tramadol is a pain med that can be addictive too. depakote is an antiseizure/bipolar med.

I love topa thread because you guys are so nice.... so accepting.... not judgmental.... i'm still taking topa.... now up to 100 mg ... i don't think it's causing my depression now. i don;t feel depressed or loopy or dopey. i don't think it helps my drinking ..... not sure what it does for me... maybe my weight? I just want to give it a full trial to see what it does or doesn't do.

my dad is coming to US from Taiwan for 3 weeks so I have to entertain him for awhile. then I have to go back there for a week, then I have a conference to go to in San Francisco in May then I have to take some recertification exam....plus getting my passport renewed (very complicated because it's a foreign passport and I lost my previous one)..... ahhhhhh, kill me now!!!!!!!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

I have been on this site since 2007 and this thread is the only one I have followed. I listen to the friendship and support here. My doctor wont put me on topa, but i have tried it and it made me so dopey. But I think it works, but so does caring and support. I have tried to quit for awhile, I need to come back to this thread. I don't believe it a topa thread, it is a thread of friends.

Comment

meggie;1443016 wrote: I have been on this site since 2007 and this thread is the only one I have followed. I listen to the friendship and support here. My doctor wont put me on topa, but i have tried it and it made me so dopey. But I think it works, but so does caring and support. I have tried to quit for awhile, I need to come back to this thread. I don't believe it a topa thread, it is a thread of friends.
          Meggie - that is such a sweet thing to say - thank you :l

Please come back and join us !!!

sun XXX
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Oh Hello Meggie,
            Thank you so much for posting right now, you have no idea how much it means to us:h I know in my heart that we try to keep this thread going because it is such a place of refuge for us, and to know that it also means something to people who watch the thread but don't post, well, that is indeed what I hope for. When I occasionally notice how many views this thread gets, I know that it must mean something important to people out there.

Sun, thank you so much for coming back, it's not right without you here, please also don't feel that you somehow have to be "the strong one", we are all in the same boat here and we want to give you what you need in addition to you helping us, just post when you feel you have time, don't let it take over your whole morning and night, we seem to keep going anyway.

Space, thanks for your recent letter, it seems that you have been so overwhelmingly depressed that you haven't been able to post much. And believe me, I totally understand when you said that you need a place to go and connect with people, i feel the same way.

Bruun, I know that you have been posting more here lately than in the past when you just popped in occasionally to say hi, I wish you would not feel that you can't post here because you are not taking Topa.

We have all had our ups and downs with it and even I am not on it right now, but I know that it was making a Hugh difference in my drinking. When the time comes that I don't have to be concerned about the Topa Dopa effect, well then I am going to start it again. I kept me from having cravings during the day and I was able to hold my AL to less than a bottle of wine at night, now it has increased and I am sure it is due to stopping the Topa.

Even if we are not all on Topa, I feel we have a wealth of information for people here and rather than let this thread go down into the depths where no one will read it, I think we should keep it alive.

And Bruun I will keep checking in to the neighborhood chat thread, I'm sure I need all the friends I can get.

Be for now, love, play

Comment

No PMs please but want to say the wishywashy stuff and fact its just chat with nothing re topa I can provide has quite put me sour. I would prefer a thread any thread with a more accurate heading. Otherwise I'm just tired. And again no pm.please. Not necessary. I prefer not.to have people seeking info i dint have and a misnomer of a title seems disingenuous when poor new people see a strong thread on topa with so little topa info to offer.

Comment

This silly thread won't allow me to see the last page so I'm seeing if it will allow me to 'turn the page' if I write something.

Comment

Nope, for some reason, page 407 is withheld from me!

Comment

Morning diz - how strange. You can try changing your options and make more posts viewable on one page - see if that works.

I am sorry Bruun that you feel that way - yes, the title isn't what we are about these days but as Play, Diz and Meggie all said - basically we are just friends here supporting each other. Please pop in now and then and let us know how you are doing? promise not to PM you !!

Back later - am off today and don't have a whole lot planned except phone calls and e-mails - washing probably too.

Hugs to all, Sun XX
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi
                      I was able to read it on my Blackberry. Even though I also brought up the Topa issue, I don't think the title is misleading. We have more combine Topa experience here than anywhere else on this site and will be able to answer any newcomers questions on the topic. I know because I was that newcomer now almost a year ago. There is a wealth of Topa info in these pages and any questions I had were answered by experienced users who immediately made me feel welcome. And that's why I'm still here 10 months later. Topamax is working for me so if there is any newcomers with questions, feel free to ask
                      XOX

Comment

I don't mean to be dumb, but what does PM mean. I do have a question and it is a drinking question. I appear to have lost many past memories. I have been drinking for about 10 years, but I can't remember times in my 20's, 30, or much of my 40's. People will say, you don't remembet that reunion. Nope? I never drank in my young years.
                        Also, has anyone here using Campral?

Comment

Meggie - PM is when you Private Message someone. And never worry asbout asking anything - when I first got here someone asked me if I was AF and i said yes - my hubs was Air Force (AF) - and then I asked them how on earth they knew !!!!! It took a little bit to finally work out what they meant and I just rolled on the floor !!

I have never used campral - not sure if any of the others have. As for the memory - mine is the pits - always has been and I can't remember stuff from way back even when I wasn't drinking - hubs has an amazing memory but mine is hopeless.

Diz - I think you said it very well. Far better than I could have done ..... odd how you could read the last page on your Blackberry but not on your computer.

hugs, sun XX

Comment

Meggie, glad to see you here. Do you mind telling me if you're on Topamax at the moment or not, if so how many mg, if not, for how long you took how much. There are ways to compensate for the topa dopa with supplements and sometimes it help taking it at night as well.

Memory can be alcohol especially I find when I drink on it. But then both my mother and brother have terrible memories, she never drinks but has depression, he drinks 5 units a week and just has a stressful job. How is your mood lately as my mom's memory is always better when her mood is better? People also have selective memory, I will remember reunions and personal stuff but am terrible with actor and singer names whereas my brother is the opposite. Maybe you just remember different kinds of things?

Sun, yes the page 407 mystery was weird. Had a good laugh at your AF story

Hmm, wanted to start my AF days tomorrow with the help of antabuse but I think I'm first going to get the gynae out of the way. When I up my topa dose AL isn't nice for 2 months anyway, it just makes me sleepy and I get bad hangovers, so this is a good time for a bit of detox. If all goes well at the doc.I think the time is right, I can seriously do with a break. I just need to be a little brave!

Comment

Hi, diz, sun, meggie(welcome), play,brun, WTE, stuck, hippy, Nora, space, who else am I missing?

Brun: I loved the trilogy of the Girl too. I just finished The Man from Beijing (so so). Reading Autobiography of a Yogi Suggested and sent by sun. And the Passage by Justin Cronin. Reading is totally my escape. If you have a book you absolutely loved, please tell me! I put people's suggestions on a book shopping list so that the next time I need to buy something at amazon, I add all those books on there.

So glad sunny you are back. we all love you!!!!

Drank yesterday and don't feel good today at all. Going back on my l glutamine regimen...
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Meggie - I tried Campral but was going thru a bad patch. Not sure if I gave it a fair chance. I have tried Topa and Naltrexone. I'm using antabuse now. That seems to be the one that will work for me if I keep taking it. That is my problem - I get it in my head to stop taking it and that way lies madness.

I also don't remember a lot of things from the past either. My husband remembers things from his childhood, teens, etc. But, I've never been like that. I can remember my Mom mentioning that she doesn't remember much from her childhood, etc. She has never drank so I don't think it's based on alcohol. I just think that some people are like that.
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X