New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, so nice to read all of the supportive posts. You all can't imagine how the kind words help. The house is listed now & the photographer did a great job. Open house on Sunday, and everyone thinks I'll get an offer very quickly. I do hope they are right. Fingers crossed! Work is crazy, and will be for the next 2 months, but that's good. Busy is always better for me when it comes to my habits. Sun & Space, thanks for the support. I appreciate it, but do feel I've let myself & others down by not being able to be completely sober. Maybe with the promise of a new house and a better environment, it may work itself out somewhat. anyway . . . got to wind down & get to bed. Lots going on - hard to sleep. Night all!

Comment

Man, where the heck is everybody? Hope the quiet means everyone's fine, blissfully buzzed, and too busy shopping for shoes or having sex or something to post!

Comment

This is very odd, its like everyone has suddenly gone to ground. Where are you Sun its not like you not to post are you ok.

Love to all x

Comment

Sorry folks, I have bronchitis and tonsillitis so I hardly have energy to breathe but have SO much to do fo the move Saturday. Love to all and will check in soon.
          XXX

Comment

I am here - had a really bad week getting back into USA time and the folk at work were all in foul moods - so it has been a really hard week one way and another. But I have had the weekend to recuperate and am feeling better than I was.

Dizzy - so sorry that you are feeling so poorly. Hopefully you will get some energy to manage the move!! The house looks lovely. feel better - hugs to you :l:l

We picked up the new additions to our family - a mum and pup who were rescued from a puppy mill so today and yesterday I have been really busy with them! They are a lot of work but it is so good to know that they now have a good home for the rest of their lives. They are SO sweet - the mum is so shy - I wish I could let her know that she is safe now, but time will be the only thing for that. The puppy is .... well - a puppy !!! So it is waiting and watching to get him outside whenever he decides it is time to 'go' !! The mum isn't properly housetrained either so we are doing double housetraining.

Stuck - I am afraid that the reason I wasn't posting is nowhere as much fun as you seemed to think it was for us not posting !! LOL

Oh - after I had posted this I saw Space's post asking if everything was okay - thank you my friend !! Yes I am fine but did go through a real downer this week but am bouncing back now as us folk from the Hundred Acre wood tend to do !!!

Anyway - apart from that - where is everyone else ? I wish Candle would post - I PM'd her but haven't heard anything. Meggie - how are you doing? Space - unusual for you to not post for this long too - is everything okay? (Then I have since seen that you did do a quick fly by)

off to do a puppy patrol......

love and hugs, sun XXXX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi Friends,
              Just finally returned from visiting my mom and am really exhausted from the day but otherwise I had a really positive successful visit. Actually the best that it has ever been and I know it's due to my having changed myself instead of reacting to my mother in my old habitual ways, it's quite a bit less stressful for me now, I find it so true the bit about "change your thoughts and change your world", what a revelation

Sounds like everyone is hanging in there, Space hope your pain improves, I know how difficult it makes life. Hi to everyone else, Dizz feel better, Houtx you sound good, love to Stuck and anyone I missed.

Take care and see you soon.
              play

Comment

Oh for gods sake I have just written again and lost it. I really hate that don't you?

I am glad peeps are posting again its good to hear from you even if its just a line.
                Dizzy I am sorry to hear you are ill, its bad enough anyway but even worse when your moving house, I hope you start to feel better soon and everything goes smoothly, although I don't think anyones house move goes totally to planned something always gets rushed, lost or it just takes forever to unpack.
                Hi Sun, hope your all sorted now and feeling ok again, two new dogs! did you go for two or go for one and just see the two and couldn't resist. The mum needs housetraining as well, yuk that must take some clearing up how will you manage when your at work all day at least they have each other for company, I always feel sorry for a one dog household and think that dog must get lonely when the peeps are out, I don't worry so much about mine as they are always together and have been since they where just months old. Does your other dog like them?
                Hi Play glad your visit with your mum went off well, yes I find that when I am feeling down or fragile in any way my mum can really get under my skin but when I am feeling good she doesn't affect me so much when she starts bitching and criticizing. The mum/daughter relationship can be so difficult I think.
                Hi Stuck its always good to see you around and Im so glad that your still here with us, you are such a welcome sight.
                I too am wondering where candle has got to, its odd that she posted so much before going away then none now I hope she is ok.
                Hello to Meggie and everyone else, come and tell us how you are and say hello

I have been having a not so great time, just don't know whats happening with my time. I received my work from the university on Friday but have hardly done anything with it, after enrolling in May I have had plenty of time to get organised and ready but it seems not so with me. I was in a car accident yesterday, I was in a supermarket car park and reversing out of the bay when the woman in the bay opposite just reversed into me, it was only at very slow speed so not so much damage but I think I may need a whole new bumper and she just had a small dent. She said not to involve the insurance as our premiums would go up but then when I got home and thought about it I wondered if she was to ring hers first I might look like the guilty party as in why hadn't I reported it, also she hadn't said she was responsible so I would just be left to pay the whole lot myself. But now I think that by going through the insurance it will cost me more as my premiums will rocket next year and the woman said that in cases where both cars are reversing then it goes 50/50 responsibility so the most I will get is 50% of the money for repairs and they choose the garage to get the work done so it could be an expensive one. I was very shaken up and also in pain, before it happened I was actually ok so the rest of my day was totally ruined. My youngest son was with me and he was shaken as well so we are going to the doctors this morning just to make sure if anything happens as in the way of whiplash we are covered.

space x

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, Space

Hi Sun and Play and Meggie and Candle and everyone else. Not much going on. Turned in my one thing yesterday, and now need to start on the next thing. Might take a minute to get pointed in the right direction and working again, but will for sure today or by tomorrow at the latest. Still AF, not still drug-free though.

Hope y'all are well! :l

Comment

Hi stuck, well done on getting the work done on time. Your goal was to stop the drinking and you have succeded in that so give yourself a pat on the back. When your ready to stop the weed then you will do so, just don't do it for the wrong reasons, make sure its what you want and not based on other peoples opinions and you will be fine.

Been to the dentist today to get root canal treatment done on a back tooth, I was dreading it but took some ibuprofen and valium before I went in and it was fine. Even the dentist said he was surprised how well and quickly he got it done and how relaxed I was about it. I didn't mention the valium I remember going to the dentists while I was drinking for a check up and ended up being sick! Luckily I missed him and he passed me a bowl on time but I was so embarrassed, I wonder if they've got that on my records:H

Comment

Hi everyone.

Gosh - the new dog and puppy are so time consuming ! Space - we were just going to get the puppy but the mum was also a rescue - she is only a year old - and has had puppies already! So sad - Puppy mills are the worst - I think they call them puppy farms in UK. Anyway - we ended up getting mum and son - they are so sweet. Mum is very shy and is slowly coming round - but is very very shy. She has only been in a crate so we have one but leave the door open except at night - she feels safe in the crate. It is in our bedroom so we can see her and she is with us. She has started wagging her tail when she sees us which is a real step forward. She (and pup) do not 'go' in the crate and I let them out in the garden at 5.00 when I get up so apart from one accident in the house so far she has been really good. Time and patience - I have lots of patience !! And now that hubs is retired he has the time. I will send you some pictures. The mum is very thin as she is still getting over having the pups and then was spayed. But will fill out.

Yes, Katie likes them - initially she looked at them and trotted off to the bottom of the garden and sat there staring at them but is fine with them now even after only two days. At nearly two years old she is the oldest but I see lots of playing ahead !!! I think it is going to be good for all of them as Katie was missing Daisy.

SO sorry to hear about your accident in the car park - it is so easy when both of you are backing out. I hope that you and your son are both fine and have no residual pains from it.

I have not heard from Candle even though I PM'd her - I don't have her e-mail I don't think - maybe I will check - but I wish she would post ......

Stuck - good to see you here - you are carrying on even though it is so quiet here which is so good of you. And being AF is really good - that was so hard for you and I am very proud of you for doing that. And you are only on soft drugs right? Not that I know a lot about the terms for drugs - but you aren't on anything really bad are you? Hey - you quit AL - you can quit the drugs too !!!

Space - happy to hear that your root canal went so well. My aunt had one the day before I went to visit her in UK and she was in such pain for days afterwards! Happy that yours was okay!

Dizzy - hope that you are feeling better especially with your move coming up this weekend !!

Hi there play - hope that you are settling back in now that you are home again. I love getting back into routine when i have been away and am so happy that your visits went so well.

Much love and hugs to everyone,

love, Sun XXX
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Would love to see your pictures of the pups. Child slavery and puppy mills break my heart. Also, I can't stand to hear about people bagging up cats and throwing them in the river. I don't understand people. We all have so much love to give, I don't understand how some people can just be so cruel and not feel guilty.
                          Drank too much last night, hard to get up today. Wish I could just put the drink a side.

Comment

Hi all,

Your doggy family sound wonderful sun I look forward to seeing the pictures of the three of them. It seems odd that the mum has been spayed after only one litter on a puppy farm doesn't it, maybe something happened during the birth and cost them too much money so that's why they sold her to you but even so they cant have been all bad to spend the money getting her spayed so it doent happen again. I have never been to a puppy farm I don't think I would buy a pup from them. My two dogs just came from normal homes and the mum was there in one and in the dogs home they had both parents there. I do think they probably overbreed that poor mum though because how could you keep them apart. My girl dog had pups but then I got the boy dog neutered, I felt sorry for him but couldn't keep them apart long enough to get her done, you have to let her have a season then count the days after to have it done and when I tried that she ended up having another lot of pups. I tried to keep them apart but they where very determined and nature does find a way. I don't actually think its bad for the mum to have the pups that is what they would do if they where wild animals but I think its bad on the pups. Mine are Staffordshire bull terriers and they where such a popular dog but with a reputation that was totally false. Theyre are so many ofthem in the rescue centres. They do naturally want to fight other dogs as that is what they where originally breed for so walking them is hard work. The problem is that other dog owners who have not got control of there dogs let them come over to mine. I was out one day with my son and both dogs and someone with three boxers all off there leads had them all just running wild with no control over them, one of them came and started trying to attack my dogs who where going mad then and I kept on telling the owner to get it, he just walked off and to protect my dogs from being injured I was nearly about to have to let them fight it as it was trying to bite them. I did manage to kick it away but it would have possobly got killed by mine if I hadn't. The thing was I had my dogs on a lead and was causing no danger to any other dog on the park but if they had caused injury to the other dog it would have been said that it was their fault and they are dangerous dogs, which they are not at all if you keep them as pets, some sick people though do still fight them unfortunately which is horrible and they should really be imprisoned, they are obviously very violent and nasty people to get kicks out of doing that. They are such loving and caring pets, I was crying the other day and they both came over and put their heads on my knees, they knew that I was upset and they came to help me.
                            I am gald you are settled back home anyway you sound happy.

Hi Meggie good to see you, I do wish I could help you with your drinking though we will have to get out thinking caps on. Try not to be too down on yourself though and treat and pamper yourself a bit more, it may help you feel better which could in turn help with cutting down on the drink. Do you exercise or walk, I don't but do need to start, I went to zumba quite a while ago and couldn't go one week and then didn't get back to going again. Then I got bad with my pains and got low so haven't been back at all but do really need to push myself. I was great as I cant do so much of the really energetic stuff but you don't have to I could just stay at the back and take it easy and dance about Another class I went to last year though was awful it was full of those lycra clad women who just go to show off how good they are to each other I think and I hated it but the smaller classes are good you just have to get a good one.

I have started work on my course, it is daunting now as I don't really know what I doing but I am waiting for my tutor to call and hope she/he will explain everything to me, they will have to There is a lot of reading to do and the first time I opened the book I thought I could never understand it I just couldn't take it in at all, also the meds Im on affect my memory and concentration a bit like topa can so that doesn't help but today I am more able to read it. Its just that I am not used to reading academic stuff so its a skill I need to learn in itself. Apart from that I am ok, I do really need to get a whole lot more organised my days are just going nowhere but I feel like I don't have time for anything. Also another thing I am really going to have to work at is that I suddenly don't want to leave the house, I have noticed that I try to avoid it if at all possible. Tomorrow |I am taking my mum to a hospital appointment and really don't want to go. I don't know what has cause this to start but I need to get a grip on it now before it gets any worse and I end up agoraphobic or something.

space x

Comment

Hi there - oh space - puppy mills here are terrible - the reason I have these dogs is 'cos it was raided and they were taken to a sheltie rescue society - the rescue place took dozens of dogs from this place. The reason she was spayed is 'cos rescue places will not adopt a dog out unless she or he is fixed. They have also already neutered gus and he is so young - I didn't know they could neuter a pup as young as him. And they are really strict about who has them too - someone had to come to my house and check out that I had a proper fence and you have to fill in like a 6 page questionnaire ! Because I have adopted from them before it wasn't as bad, but they check up with your vet to see that you had looked after your previous dogs and got their shots and stuff. You don't pay for the dogs as such - you donate to the rescue place. Not cheap but not as much as a breeder would charge but a lot of the dogs come with issues - like the mum - she is so shy 'cos of being in a crate her whole life and has never known basic love and hugs. Our other rescues had been badly abused before we got them - it is lovely to know that you are giving them a loving forever home and showing them that not all humans are bad.

I feel for you with walking your dogs and having trouble with other dogs coming up to them. Where I live you are not allowed to let your dogs off the lead. So that could not happen here. You never see dogs where I live off the lead.

I will try to remember to post a pic of the dogs ......

Your course will seem hard initially Space - you haven't studied for a long time but it will come back to you and I hope that you enjoy it. Once your tutor contacts you and you get going on it it will seem easier I am sure...... will you PM me what your course is about ?

Hi there meggie - sorry about the drinking - but you will do better - I know it ! you are aware which is the really big first step - now you just need to start working on it. I like the Allen carr book - have you read it? the Easy way To stop Drinking. A lot of people don't care for it but I thought it was very good.

And oh gosh yes I so agree with you on cruelty to animals and children - the only thing I can think is that those people will get their just desserts eventually. I feel so sad when I see my pups - although the puppy is okay as he hasn't been abused and our black one was from a breeder so she hasn't either. but we have had a lot of rescues and it just breaks my heart to see them so sad - but it is gratifying to give them love and watch them change.

Anyway - I need to get going - love and hugs to all,

love, sun XX Attached files [img]/converted_files/2191170=7643-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2191170=7644-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the support. I really felt like crap today. Not a horrible hangover, just so thirsty, tired, and always hungry.
                                Is the black dog the mum? Cute pictures. Another day another night.

Comment

Working...
                                X