New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI to everyone and a belated happy Christmas.

It is ages since Ive been on, I haven't been drinking but did have a very bad depression, which thankfully I am now out of. That's one of the reasons I didn't come on, when I am depressed theres nothing really for me to say and it just gets tiring for me.

Because |I was so ill I didn't drink, I needed to know my feelings where real and not cuased by alcohol, the first drink Ive had in over a month or two, probably more was last night and it made me feel ill !!

I haven't read back but see from this page that some of you are struggling. My message to you is to just keep on trying, I did for years and never thought I could get off the drink and stop it ruining mine and my familys lives but for over a year now all has been well really. I haven't been on a bender, got drunk or upset anyone which is amazing for me. So if I can do it so can you.

Love to Houxt, Dizzy, Sun, Funny G, and everyone else.

xxx

Comment

Dizzy sorry to hear you are ill. Have you tried going to a walk in centre, anyone can go as far as I know you should be able to find a local one online. Look up NHS Walk in Centre. You can see a doctor there,
      Hope you get better soon.

space xx

Comment

Just been reading back and I am touched and sorry that I had anyone worried. It was in fact the opposite, that I wasn't drinking, or even thinking of drinking that I hadn't come on. sorry x

bk Hi I haven't met you before so welcome from me, I see that you joined quite a while ago tho so did you join and not come or have you been on general? whatever I hope you start feeling better and the nal works for you.

I am shocked to see that Loop has died, that is so sad it is hard to believe, he was so young.

xx

Comment

Hi and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Space! I guess you don't realize how people do worry when one of the stalwarts doesn't post for a while eh?

You've been around for so long it's strange NOT to see you here. So glad to hear you are doing well - wonderful for you and your family especially at Christmas.

I'm new and starting baclofen on Monday.
          JMum
          My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Hallo everyone !

SPACE - DO NOT DO THAT TO US AGAIN! We were all worried about you ..... please let one of us know that you are okay! You KNOW how we all feel about you !!

Well, I have had a good week - work has been really heavy but I enjoy it. I have been out this morning running errands - hubs was working so HE got up with the dogs at 5.00 and I had a lie-in !! Got up 6.30 today!

Jazi's mum - welcome !! Lovely to see you here - even though this is a Topa named thread - anyone is welcome and it is lovely to see a new face ! Good luck with the Bac - I have always been way too scared to try it so I hope it works for you. Oh - just noticed that you put 'mum' instead of 'mom' - does that mean you are English ? Or Australian? I am from UK - living in USA.....

Meggie I am so happy that you had a nice Christmas - yes, good memories. Our crew gets smaller and smaller each year as folk pass away and children move away - so this year was the smallest yet. Very quiet but a lovely day never-the-less. I am really pleased that yours was good - sad that it was 'cos hubs wasn't with you - but whatever it takes eh? And YES, I love that saying - I have it as a poster so everytime I walk into the computer room I see it .....

Dizzy - so sorry you have still been sick - what a shame for you - your first married Christmas !! Hopefully you will be feeling better soon - how is the leg now ? Nice to see you pop in though :l

Hey FunnyGirl - yes, it is hard to remember to 'be happy' - but WE choose how we feel - really we do! If I am not feeling happy I try and work it through these days and work out why not - and deal with it. It is really working for me and I feel so good practically all the time - obviously I get down moments, but for the most part, I love how I feel!

well - I am off to do some odds and ends - love and hugs to all,

love, sun XX Attached files [img]/converted_files/2243404=7696-attachment.jpg[/img]
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I am so sorry to have worried you all. I guess when I was depressed I just lost track of time, also not thinking that anyone would notice or something like that.

Hi Jmum and welcome, yes as sun said this thread does have topa in the name but everyone is welcome to pull up and chair and have a chat in here. Good luck with the bac.

Meggie it is good you had a good Christmas, you deserve some happiness. Its a shame your hubby hasn't got his act together yet, hopefully in the new year things will turn round for you.

Sun I didn't know about mum and mom, does everyone in US say mom? I still do get envious of you having moved there, it was always a dream of mine when I was younger. Ive still never even moved out of the city I was born in ! I guess Im not very adventurous.

xx

Comment

Hi Space - yes, everyone here calls their mum 'mom' - and also pronounce it like that! I still sign my cards and stuff 'mum' though to my children and that is how they address theirs to me too!

I am happy that you are feeling so much better - I laughed at you not thinking your absence would be noticed - :H OF COURSE it was !

I never in my wildest imagination would have thought I would end up in the USA - it was as much a surprise to me as to my family! But we will have been married for 32 years in March - hard to believe that too - time flies !!

Hope you are having a wonderful day,

hugs, sun XX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, space. I did take topa for quite a long time so I do appreciate you all welcoming me here even though I've decided to try baclofen. Hi to everyone on this lovely Sunday in winter! No sun here but I'm being cheerful despite that!!

BTY, I always said Mum to my own mother as she was from Liverpool - a war bride - and we were taught lots of English ways. I'm in Canada.
                  My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Hi Jazi - the latin phrase was very apt !! A very cold morning here today - only 9 degrees - Bbrrrrr. Hope everyone had a good weekend - good luck with the Bac today Jazi. What dose are you starting on? You said that you had taken Topa - what happened with it ?

Got to get ready for work ....

Hugs, sun XX

Comment

Hi Sun, I think I'd better start with 5mg three times a day for 3 days, then to up slowly from there. I don't fear the side effects because the ones I had on Topa I was able to hide quite well! But if I can minimize them why go up too fast.

Topa "worked" but did nothing for my anxiety which I think is the reason baclofen might do the job. We'll see!!! The short term memory loss was awful!!!!
                      JMum

Comment

Hi Jazi, I have tried bac too but had to give up as I couldn't take the se of falling asleep all the time, my youngest son was younger at the time so every day after school he would come in and then I say hello and fall asleep, then wake up cook tea and be off to skeep again. It really upset him and I think my other son and daughter thought I was still drinking so I had to stop. I think I might have gone up too fast so any advice I can give it to go up really slowly.

Hi Dizzy and Sun xx

Comment

Well, 'tis New Years Eve. I only just realised it - LOL. I shall be in bed at my usual time though - hope that everyone here has a lovely evening and Happy New Year to you all........

Love, Sun XXX

Comment

Hi everyone. Yes, I'll be in bed early too. My husband and I were just talking about this yesterday. How many New Years did we go out and party hardy....many, many. And most of those times are a blur now.

Celebrating is fun but only if you can remember the reason you are doing it, and what you did and said the next day, and can hold your head up next time you see your fellow celebrants :H

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening no matter what you do. And I for one am really looking forward to the new year. It feels good to start fresh, no? :h

Comment

I am going to pretend I am home in UK and celebrate it at 6.00 my time !!! LOL

Hugs, sun XX Attached files [img]/converted_files/2245158=7698-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Sun, that sounds wonderful to me. I am already in bed and grateful for a warm bed, and a good book. Have a wonderful New Year everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X