New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

houtx;1622969 wrote: Stuck, you kill me being able to go on & off the wagon. Hope things w/ the new gf go well. The 3-ways & swaps is a Californication thing. My "HB" relationship years ago was all about that. He did my head with all the talk - but it certainly is stimulating! lol

No men in the picture right now to speak of...may have a story soon, though. Hope alls well otherwise & we keep posting!
    I'm off more than on the wagon these days, Houtx, and you'd better be careful - if you're not with someone you might just find me curled up and passed out on your doorstep!

Comment

Aw hell, that was a crap post and you all deserve better than a fly-by. Happy birthday, Sun - I f**ked that one up and missed it. As for me, I've been drunk every night for the last 2 weeks about, and am getting near drunk tonight. Sexy-texting with the girl, who'll be here day after tomorrow. She is... remarkable. And I gotta go to therapy tomorrow afternoon. In the last week I've submitted an article to an academic journal, which is not near good enough and probably won't be taken but whatever, submitted a conference proposal, written a letter of recommendation for a former student, and put 16 pages together for the second chapter of my dissertation. I wake up hungover most days and drink coffee and work, and think about why the f**k I'm so lonely when this girl cares so much about me, and why I'm not working on my novel.

Hope y'all are doing well. :l

Comment

Hi there - Stuck, sorry you are feeling so down - but at least you are getting stuff done aren't you ? Crazy the way that you can just stop and start the AL too ....

Hi Houtx - yes, it is winter that is for SURE! Must leave super early today 'cos of the snow .....

Dizzy - doesn't that really annoy you - when you are five mins late you have to reschedule yet they run an hour late and think nothing of it! Hopefully all your test results will be fine when you do eventually get there and have them done !

I agree with Dizzy meggie - good for you with the exercising !

I have to get going - need to clear the car of snow!

hugs to all, Sun XX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Well, I keep on trudging to the gym. Now I have a sinus infection and will use anything as an excuse. Well, we have a snow day, and I am spending it with tea and in bed. I feel so sorry for those that have to go out and drive on these roads. Be safe.
          Stuck, you need to get out and surround yourself with people. Take a class, one that doesn't make you accountable to more to do but something that is fun.
          Sun, how is Play?

Comment

Maggie - hate to tell you, but they say if the infection is above your neck, you can still exercise - LOL !!

Play is really doing well ...

I am home from work early due to another horrendous nose bleed - it made me feel so ill. This is the third one that i have had that has been so bad - first one I went to the urgicare with - now I pack it myself until it stops. It just makes me feel so ill though ....

I am off for a nap - have a date with the sofa.

love and hugs to all, Sun XX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hope you feel better soon Sun.......take care of yourself:l:l:l

Comment

Swanny - cannot believe it - two posts so close together! It is wonderful to see you here and wish you would let me know how you are doing .......:l:l

Love, Sun XX

Comment

Do you think your nose bleeds are due to the cold dry weather?
                  I did go out and shoveled for an hour.I did feel much better after I did that. Yesterday I went to a interval workout for an hour. I can hardly walk down the stairs. Oh, well, I will be out by 830 for a kickbox class. I do so much to stay healthy and still drink.

Comment

meggie;1624369 wrote: Do you think your nose bleeds are due to the cold dry weather?
                    I did go out and shoveled for an hour.I did feel much better after I did that. Yesterday I went to a interval workout for an hour. I can hardly walk down the stairs. Oh, well, I will be out by 830 for a kickbox class. I do so much to stay healthy and still drink.
                    very dry weather definitely makes bleeding noses worse. ive had problems with bleeding noses my whole life. ive had my nose cauterized twice to seal up leaky blood vessels. i had septoplasty last year to straighten my nose. while recovering twice i needed to go the ER twice because of uncontrollable bleeding. im glad to say that my nose is finally fixed up now, no more bleeds.

very humid weather seems to make it worse as well
                    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

wow, nobody is here. So sad, laid with my 9 year old dog that is dying, he seems so scared. He won't eat, he has big brown eyes and he knows he is dying. He looks like one of those unloved dogs that is unfed. You can feel everyone of his bones. I laid with him as I did with my dying mother. I wish he would know he is going to better place.

Comment

meggie;1624572 wrote: wow, nobody is here. So sad, laid with my 9 year old dog that is dying, he seems so scared. He won't eat, he has big brown eyes and he knows he is dying. He looks like one of those unloved dogs that is unfed. You can feel everyone of his bones. I laid with him as I did with my dying mother. I wish he would know he is going to better place.
                        He does know... he just wants you to know the same. Add: Have you seen a "sadness in his eyes" -When dogs are about to die, it is always the sadness in their eyes that I remember. And the sadness is not for them, it for us -or at least that is what I believe. They are ok moving on -they just want us to be ok too. Just a thought.

Comment

Hi all

Oh Meggie, that's sad but animals are much more aware of when they are going to die and they stop eating. One lady I stayed with made me force feed her 19 year old cat with a plastic syringe because she wouldn't believe its her time to go. I hated it, the cat kept resisting and just wanted to rest in peace. I hope your doggie is comfortable but sometimes nature knows better than we do, 9 is still quite young though, have you checked with a vet?

Yes Sun, doctors and hairdressers, the whole lot, they can cancel on you for five minutes, but how often have you sat in their waiting rooms for half an hour? It sucks. Your comments about picking up dog poop in the snow always make me laugh but I guess its true!

I've only had one nose bleed ever and I don't know how people handle it on a regular basis. I guess I'm particularly squeamish as I had my nose straightened at 25 and the doc said it was OK to have water because I was so dehydrated but because there was continual blood flowing from my nose into my tummy I then I the worst throwing up experience ever. It looked like I was dying and the nurse scolded the doctor for allowing me water.

Enjoy your girlfriend, Stuck.

And missing you, Space.

:l:l:l

Comment

yeah the vet said he has a tumor in his leg and it is spreading. He is funny, he loves being outside and eating the snow and lying on the freezing cement for a half hour.
                            When I laid with him last night he took his paw and put it on my shoulder.

Comment

Oh Meggie - I am so sorry about your dear dog. I know what it is like to lose them - we all do and it is SO hard! My Maggie had cancer and when she got to that point, I had to take her in to be fair to her. And yes, they do go to a better place - but you have given him a good life...... you have to know that.

No, I don't think my nose bleeds are due to the cold weather - I had a really bad one when it wasn't as cold. Our house is kept humidified although it is dry at work. I am beginning to wonder if it might be high blood pressure..... although mine has always been super low. I have been monitoring it and it is high for me....

Dizzy - hope that you get to the doc and manage to get good results !! And yes, the poop patrol is so much easier in the snow .... and much much easier when it is frozen !!

Hi spiritwolf and neo - nice to see you here ....

Hugs, Sun XX

Comment

meggie;1624840 wrote: yeah the vet said he has a tumor in his leg and it is spreading. He is funny, he loves being outside and eating the snow and lying on the freezing cement for a half hour.
                                When I laid with him last night he took his paw and put it on my shoulder.
                                You doggie sounds really cool, like he's trying to comfort you.

Sun, you should see your GP about nosebleeds, I can't remember if you stayed off the ADs?

I'm seeing my GP Monday next and blood work Friday. Then I can look forward to Madrid and then Cape Town, South Africa!

Spoke to my whole family last night, which felt good, everyone is in good spirits and enjoying SUMMER. Oh well, I'll catch some rays in March.

How was the visit, Stuck?

:l:l:l

Comment

Working...
                                X