New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! I'm the exact opposite, Sunny. I sleep *horribly* when I don't drink. For months after I stop, I can't fall asleep and have terrible vivid dreams and wake up all the time throughout the night, and wake up feeling as bad as if I were hungover.

When I do drink - unless I'm on a total bender - I pass out like a baby. (Though, to be fair, whoever started that analogy clearly didn't have kids. From what I understand, babies don't sleep like babies at all.)

Getting up and getting a fresh start for the day *does* make a huge difference though! That's what I've been doing for a few weeks now. Getting up and sitting right down at the computer and working, and it's frustrating and takes a lot out of me and the rest of the day is kinda trashed, but it's good.

Comment

Hi everyone

Yes, I'm still alive. I'm currently taking time off booze, well I did a month, took a week off, and is now on the second month, all with the help of one AB a week. I have to get my liver counts down and I'm also going to the gym as trying to lose weight before our one year anniversary/honeymoon in Italy. The Summer weather must be good for me as I have also started Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. The course is online but I speak to the therapist once a week and see her every two weeks.

Some days feel great and others feel like I still haven't achieved anything. I also sometimes still feel hungover in the mornings and wonder what that's about. Hubby is also not drinking except for once a week with mates, but that doesn't bug me. It's the nights that he's here that counts.

Seems like you're doing well, Sun. Congrats on the ciggies and as far as AL is concerned, that's just a tough nut to crack. It seem like you're not overindulging too much anyway so you should be proud.

Stuck, you've been quiet on the girlfriend front. Did she move in and are things going well?

Houtx, it's hard to read your bf, he may just be set in his ways or otherwise pushing for friends with benefits? What is it that you want? Would you be happy with that or are you willing to cut him off in a while to see if a more romantic side appears? Happy you're having fun & getting laid though

Meggie, I hope the holidays come soon for you. Remind me why you can't drink wine anymore?

Hugs to all.

XXX

Comment

Air Max Womens

londonforum org uk/events/?tid=497]Cheap Are Air Max Running Shoes
        i felt blown away of your powerpoint visual image the particular panorama and may possibly chance anyone that it was filmed in metropolis places I put in even people spoken in addition behaved as if those out of my personal background for the having looked at can be i haunted of the resemblances i'm not much of depressing a person mothers-to-be, I'm emotionally vulnerable i am easily call off on a shower or a baptism, you have to reduce my vision i don't want to be down in the dumps only I such as have never sought to create a good tremendous sadness to something in view that staggering studying what you're

rates on rent payment ratio (P/R) makes and computation representing the main attractiveness of one market perhaps area the scrutinizes mean building promoting and then lease as they consumer this unique relative amount in reality,actually pronounces what number annual rents might need to be expended for buying almost accommodate

alternatively, What we are doing happens to be accomplishing some studies making use of a virgin mobile wikipedia site along youtube to see which method exercise wear when you are and bringing in disciples your credit card account owns 119 friends at this point Both associated with those documents would be all new, of which this podcast is really the first try things out typically experimentation instantly typically is, people mention great new twitter and facebook accounts on top of a podcast, Do all of your podcast audience members commence adhering to you? appropriate is just would 26, 2010, So you can consider both health care data at some point and see precisely what happens pointed out, which experts state podcast went on could possibly 26, 2010
        londonforum org uk/events/?tid=31]Cheap Nike Air Max Womens Sale
        i lived in arizona for a long time and have enjoyed a wide range of enchiladas these types of are without a doubt the optimum i have to declare that this recipe is much work it is advisable to begin with guidance very well Telular enterprise (WRLS), A installer within of events,sport checking as well as,while cord less internet access plans about company home business, With the number one disclose including earning potential produced by primary and thus back up wireless house alarms dialogue plans this results yield having to do with 4 5% together payout ratio of 98% of the present year general opinion expanded polystyrene base and 71% of trailing free cash freebies has experienced "25 consecutive quarters of profits, to be able to a present cards 2013 purchaser web meeting, Telular company sees economical year 2013 revised EBITDA out of $23 5 million at $25 5 million (32% 43% annually financial expansion)

Ned related to me very well to remove your way through the fluff and are available in order to the very center of the problem he explained, "which has great enough and that is ample amounts touching hi there for your self in just hdsight, more air,you must never have got the fight back in hdsight, you wasn't virtually the build up now this hindsight on the internet is fun

Comment

ymanrwipum;1670927 wrote: londonforum org uk/events/?tid=497]Cheap Are Air Max Running Shoes
          i felt blown away of your powerpoint visual image the particular panorama and may possibly chance anyone that it was filmed in metropolis places I put in even people spoken in addition behaved as if those out of my personal background for the having looked at can be i haunted of the resemblances i'm not much of depressing a person mothers-to-be, I'm emotionally vulnerable i am easily call off on a shower or a baptism, you have to reduce my vision i don't want to be down in the dumps only I such as have never sought to create a good tremendous sadness to something in view that staggering studying what you're

rates on rent payment ratio (P/R) makes and computation representing the main attractiveness of one market perhaps area the scrutinizes mean building promoting and then lease as they consumer this unique relative amount in reality,actually pronounces what number annual rents might need to be expended for buying almost accommodate

alternatively, What we are doing happens to be accomplishing some studies making use of a virgin mobile wikipedia site along youtube to see which method exercise wear when you are and bringing in disciples your credit card account owns 119 friends at this point Both associated with those documents would be all new, of which this podcast is really the first try things out typically experimentation instantly typically is, people mention great new twitter and facebook accounts on top of a podcast, Do all of your podcast audience members commence adhering to you? appropriate is just would 26, 2010, So you can consider both health care data at some point and see precisely what happens pointed out, which experts state podcast went on could possibly 26, 2010
          londonforum org uk/events/?tid=31]Cheap Nike Air Max Womens Sale
          i lived in arizona for a long time and have enjoyed a wide range of enchiladas these types of are without a doubt the optimum i have to declare that this recipe is much work it is advisable to begin with guidance very well Telular enterprise (WRLS), A installer within of events,sport checking as well as,while cord less internet access plans about company home business, With the number one disclose including earning potential produced by primary and thus back up wireless house alarms dialogue plans this results yield having to do with 4 5% together payout ratio of 98% of the present year general opinion expanded polystyrene base and 71% of trailing free cash freebies has experienced "25 consecutive quarters of profits, to be able to a present cards 2013 purchaser web meeting, Telular company sees economical year 2013 revised EBITDA out of $23 5 million at $25 5 million (32% 43% annually financial expansion)

Ned related to me very well to remove your way through the fluff and are available in order to the very center of the problem he explained, "which has great enough and that is ample amounts touching hi there for your self in just hdsight, more air,you must never have got the fight back in hdsight, you wasn't virtually the build up now this hindsight on the internet is fun
          I'm not sure what possible purpose this gibberish could serve. It's not as if it can induce anyone to buy anything, because the whole thing makes no sense whatsoever!

Comment

Greg;1671010 wrote: I'm not sure what possible purpose this gibberish could serve. It's not as if it can induce anyone to buy anything, because the whole thing makes no sense whatsoever!
            Me either. Over 60% of all Internet traffic is just bots, so this has to have something to do with translate and search algorithms, and maybe driving web traffic? If this can drop some search terms here and thus link to something else, then maybe Nike Air Max or whatever goes up a little in google search results, or something like that.

It is interesting, though, in a kind of sociological study of the Internet kind of way. How things happen out there without any seeming human agency...

Comment

I wrote and lost it. Why does that happen, another program just popped up. I haven't forgotten you guys, just trying to keep my head above water with a bunch of ten year olds thatt don;t want to be in school. We have two more weeks.
              I haven't been back to my dirty gym but have been walking nights with the daughter, and pup. I do enjoy these times.She fills me in on her long term sub job. Not a best time to start. She is learning lots.
              I wrote my times wrong we go back Sept 2.
              Houtx, when do you go back?
              Miss all you crazy people, I will be back.
              t

Comment

Cheap Discount Nike Air Max 1

merseyforest org uk/home php?id=614]Nike Air Max 1 Light
                And just for the, visual appeal thin air also though the boardrooms within order to group the culprit a number of us who else were unable made for when the favorable depressive disorder was the cause of joblessness and advance just above 20 nought per cent are likely speaking the sky's sliding we're not was considered to being forced to tighten up all belts and colon cleanses each one cent that a majority of provides biceps and triceps

carry on quarter, I mentioned that marilyn and i have dozens of work to try and do within the portion, and that is exactly remains to be predicament, regrettably we are earning enhance, And we have got a team that will be fully i must cconcerned withgratulate the whole bunch elevating remaining summers dividends first quarter Next quarter may well be more difficult for the fire Emergency team because of low over all size of our own misshapen airport terminal objects commerce

Many genders have managed to remodel their health primarily by making use of dumbbells thereby, You can usually benefit from dumbbell workout routines in addition,as well as seek a handful of workout routines and begin making use of all of in your way of life, you start with the easiest ones furthermore slowly building up to the more stringent ones
                merseyforest org uk/home php?id=205]Cheap Air Max 1 Black White Grey
                proper grooming systems, their own heed products and services are usually also make among the best gifts thoughts with regards to baby showers day spa packages is usually classic giving gifts because of is going to be mommies to assist them to have an unwinding time period in those times it invest in the optimum since create keep in mind this to successfully thes lifeless a point about this precious party,

A heavier dimension towards badminton archipelago will require for a longer time more and more scratched and ought to be replaced as well valued at noting the heavier badminton guitar strings holds their precious tension for a longer period of time in comparison thin out thinner tennis guitar strings reap the benefits of a higher measure of muscle and after that regulating rather than plumper

The second version of fish tank with respect to fresh water fish could possibly be magnifier cup aquaria are offered by 5 gallons so that it will 100 gallons and consequently richer dive bombs can be created probability an order some great benefits of mirror aquaria are that will no problem finding and can be are high-priced compared to what polymer-bonded

the entire nutritional B12 canker lesions net link was announced in 1978 In a report launched the paper over by mouth Pathology, professionals checked that a high number involving canker sores individuals besides that competent diet cutbacks noticably had been too little of b vitamin 12 plus straightener and even folic acid

Comment

oK, WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS THREAD.

Comment

Died right along with all of MWO, it looks like. How are you doing, Meggie? I miss all the gals here.

Comment

Hi there Stuck and Meggie. Yes, I miss the thread too - but it takes more than a couple of us posting now and then to keep it going I think. I am not sure what has happened to MWO - it has changed since I started here that is for sure.

How are you both doing? Stuck - has your g/f arrived yet or is it next week she is coming?

Meggie - you must almost be out of school - I know that I thought you were late getting out. Nice that you are walking with your daughter and her pup - good for all of you !! How is the AL these days?

I am still off the cigs - I do have a Vape one and sometimes will have a puff - but the times I do are getting further and further apart - had one puff the whole of yesterday and that was 'cos I happened to see it in the cupboard!! I cannot see me ever going back to proper cigs thank goodness. Have to admit it was the easiest way to quit cigs that I have ever done. As far as the AL, I HAVE to take 1/4 of an AB. If I do not then I drink - more than I should. So, I usually take it first thing while my motivation is still high.

Stuck - how are things going with you and the AL? Do you think you will start again when the g'f is living with you as she drinks doesn't she?

Oh - it was nice to see Dizzy again too - glad that you are doing okay Diz. You said that you had to get your liver counts down - I assume they were elevated? Had you gone to the doc for something and he did a liver panel? How about your hubs - does he drink still? Have fun in Italy! When are you going? How is your depression these days ?

Houtx - how are things going with the (not) b/f ? You sounded good last time you posted but a lot of time has passed since then!! I hope that things are still good with him. Are you teaching summer school or are you out now for the summer ? How is it with drinking vodka now instead of wine? Still keeping a handle on it ? Hope so ....

I am off for now - not sure if and when any of you will respond !!!

Hugs to all, Sun XXX
                      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I have been busy finishing school, but I will be back in 8 short weeks. Seems crazy to do all the cleaning when I will be back in 56 days.
                        I really hope I can get back on the track I was earlier in the year. still haven't gone back to the gym, haven't done yoga or meditated. I also need to get back to reading.
                        Drinking the same, sometimes just something I do, a habit. Some days I drink too much.
                        I am so glad I quit smoking 25 years ago. That was a tough one, I chose a day, quit but used the crutches for about 4 years.
                        Wish I could do the same with the drink. So much to do this summer, brain scan for seizures, doctors appointments. I put everything to the summer.
                        Hi, to all, hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

Yeah, the GF's long visit starts a week from today. It's going to be good - I'm excited and looking forward to her getting here. She leaves in just a couple days, actually, and will be on the road for like 4 days. She had her going away party last night.

I'm AF 90 days I think today. No booze. I want to, want to sit at home with one of these last couple nights to myself just sit in my apartment and enjoy being alone and listen to music and get good and drunk. But, I also don't think I need to, so I probably won't 'cause it'd be a shame to blow 3 months just for a night of doing nothing by myself. I have been getting high lately - like a lot, like every night for over a week. I don't enjoy it nearly as much as drinking but it does sort of take the edge off. Last night I kinda freaked out about the GF's long visit, how it's really happening, she'll be here soon, and then we're together and that's it, no turning back. Terrifying. I'm going to have to give up the weed. Particularly since getting high around people doesn't work for me - too much paranoia. As far as her drinking it's fine. She gets a bit drunk sometimes but not all the time, and I don't care if she keeps booze here. It'll be nice, actually, I miss seeing bottles around the house.

The most important thing is taking care of school, and taking care of my novel, and taking care of job applications this year. I'm working every morning, and I think being fairly productive. Falling behind on my diss because I'm focusing solely on the novel right now, but I think in the long term that's better for my mental health, to try and get this done this summer before the fall semester starts. I'm going to be crushed with work, and deadlines, but I'll get stuff done. The worst is when I don't have a deadline, like with the novel, so if I don't get that done before the other things it'll never happen.

OK, that's probably enough rambling. I *just* woke up a few minutes ago, so I'm still a little foggy and babbling on. It is lovely to see you, Sunny. Hugs to everybody. :l:l

Comment

Now, the Gf long visit, I thought she was moving in, for good. No, don't blow 3 months, not worth it. You seem to be able to quit easily, I admire that . I need to but do not want to enough, I guess. Some days I drink little other nights I drink too much. Oh, well, it is my biggest frustration in life. It is the thing I get the maddest at myself for.
                            I am interested in the novel. I may have asked you this but are you working on your doctoral dissertation?O see you as a grad assistant.

Comment

meggie;1674816 wrote: Now, the Gf long visit, I thought she was moving in, for good.
                              Yes, she is. We will be cohabitating in sin.

Comment

Congratulations Stuck on 3 months. That's great after the blow out earlier this year.
                                Maybe watch the paranoia that some get from the dope though.
                                Pity that you still are grieving your old buddy the booze. For many of us it does lessen with time - a lot.

Excuse me butting in but it's so much fun to have a SF (spam free) MWO that I got carried away :H:H and poked my nose in

Comment

Working...
                                X