• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and starting Topa and with a question

testing

Comment

Cant post - ok well shit. Maybe it's "can't post after being on for 1 minute" Seriously - I've written a couple of posts then suddenly I get an "invalid string response" blahblahblah. So before I get it again, hello, everyone - wish i could comment further! Alls well here & hope too wherever you are! Damn I HATE the new site

Comment

I'll try again - lol! Hello DZ - glad to hear from you! Job hunting sucks but hope your luck turns around soon! Funny Girl - good to hear from you. Sunny/Meggie/Stuck - same! Hanging in! I am doing fine - getting attention from the original funny guy and that has helped me focus on the here & now and not think back to what was over the summer, and the kick in the stomach a few weeks ago. It's all good. I listen to music, get buried in school, stay busy, write some lyrics to future songs, hang out w/ my bad self. Hope this flies - have a good weekend everyone!

Comment

Hi all - hope that you all check in this weekend because in case you haven't seen I am letting you all know that the site is going to be down for a whole week !!!!! You need to make sure that the e-mail that you have in your profile is correct because RJ is going to be sending out a mass e-mail having everyone change their passwords - so please check your e-mails in your profiles ! From Monday this site will not be here - check the bit out that says 'We are moving' and under that where it says 'Downgrade in the New Upgrade' and it tells you all about it ...... just letting you all know although I do hope to post a proper post before it goes down on Monday !! It will seem so odd the site not being here for a whole week !!! Anyway - I do hope that you all see this !!!!!

love and hugs XXXXX
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Thank for the warning, Sunny! I'll check and make sure my email is up to date & hope the next updated site is more user-friendly

Comment

Well this is interesting. I want to put this into subscribed threads. I don't knnow how. Not good with new things.

Comment

Hi! Are you guys still chatting about Topamax? I'm trying to find someone... Anyone... Who takes it for the treatment of alcoholism.

Comment

Hey there......I am on holiday in UK right now and find it hard to reply on my iPad .....I do not still take topa but did with success .....had to stop cos of SE's at 300 mg dose. If you want to PM me with any specific questions I will tell you what I can.... So hard to type on this !

Sun xx
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Well, Sun, I hope you are having a wonderful time. Where are all the others.

Comment

They are probably having trouble getting to and posting on the new site I imagine......
                      Just got in from being out (LOL) and got soaked.....weather today typical UK. Cold and damp and raining..... I cannot complain though....I have had pretty good weather so far and today is the first one that has been like this.

Not being terribly good re the AL but not overdoing either......
                      Nice to see you made it to the new site Meggie...... How is school going and how are you doing?

Hugs, Sun:happy2:

Comment

I took topamax years ago with great success. I took 7 years off to have my 2 boys. While pregnant and nursing my alcoholism was not a problem. As soon as I started weaning my second son, my addiction spiraled out of control just as any one of us could have predicted. During that time, I had been seeing a psych who prescribed me lexapro and Wellbutrin. He added naltrexone with a big fat ZERO success for me. I begged him to try topamax, but he refused because it's not FDA approved for alcoholism in the US. We have agreed to part ways. So now I'm without a Dr and medication. Advice???

Comment

Hello all - not sure how I feel about this new site. Hard to get to this thread. Mom2boys, all of us on here tried TOPA at some point, but I think most of us are now off it now for various reasons. I went up to over 300 mgs, as I recall and just had the tingling & TOPA dopa effects - no desire to stop drinking, nor the much-anticipated and way overrated weight loss SE. Good luck to you & hope you can find a Dr who will prescribe.

That's it for now for me. I've been sick and school is killing me. Hope alls well w/ everyone else out there and we can eventually reunite here! ugh -

Comment

Hey mom.....if you want to try Topa again you could always order it online. It did work for me at 300 mg but I did have to go to the 300..... I have been thinking about trying it again but it never seems to work the same second time round. Could you find a different doctor? With mine originally I took lots of stuff from this website including RJs book..... And other anecdotal stuff that I found online and he agreed to let me try it ....
                            SO hard to type on this thing for me ..... I Get back to USA on Sunday but late .....

Hugs to all, Sun XXX

Comment

Hey Sunshinedaisies, thanks for the response. My psych freaked me out by saying its illegal to order topamax online without a prescription and told me he could report me to the Dept of Children and Families! Who is the crazy one?!? I'm trying to find a medication to stay sober. He is such an arrogant SOB who couldn't stand the thought of someone disagreeing with him. Argh....

Comment

Gosh mom2, your psych sounds like a real piece of work... How on earth can he do the job he does with an attitude like that? That is just plain wrong. I am sorry that you had that happen.... Do you have a regular GP that you could try? Yes it is illegal to order RX drugs online but everyone orders Antabuse as well as Topa and other stuff......I think he is totally out of line.

Hi Houtx.....good to see you here. Sorry you have been sick ....probably being around all the kids.

Well, One more day then back to USA. We are going to the Cadbury factory tomorrow which should be really interesting.....
                                I will be SO glad to get my computer back....I have not enjoyed using an iPad at all to be honest.

Hugs, Sun xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X