Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

Im not in the habit of coming on here et, will hav to try more,

Dizzy Im so sorry to have missed you, ha ha ys primark is a bit mad isn't it. I don't go there much as I go for some barains but end up with a bit bascet full and spend a fortune!

I haven't been drinking much, to tell you the truth I haven't thought about it much, I think the bac is working but do feel the se's when I go up on dosage and also feel pretty bad anxiety more often. Also I allowed my gp to change me from gabapentin to pregabalin as the write ups say that is good for anxiety but I don't thinkits as good.
    Meggie I buy bac online as I only get 11 10mg a week off my gp and its fine. I used to get it often with no problems.
    Hope to get back soon, thanks for being here for me

space xx

Comment

Last night I got sick to my stomach and don't know if it is the Nal. I am so helping that this works for me. I just want to quit and not drink.

Comment

Sorry you feel so ill Meggie - not sure if it is the Nal or not - got to get going ..... will be back later ....

Hugs, Sun x
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Well, it has been awhile since I posted. Lost another friend to alcohol. He died of a heart attack. Sun, I did terrible last week. I am only doing a half a tablet but I am marking my drinks. I do do better when I take the pill, I need to get over this because I will die like the rest of them. Sun, going over to the TSm site.

Comment

Oh gosh Meggie I am so sorry to hear that about yet another friend lost to AL - that is scary! And are you Meggie over at TSM site ? PM me and let me know who you are if you are not - okay? Did you ever read the book? As long as you always take the Nal at least an hour before drinking it will work for you - you just need to be patient and have faith - it is most definitely working for me !

Hugs, Sun xx
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

So sorry to hear about your friend, meggie. Hugs.

Comment

Hi all - so sorry to hear about your friend, Meggie! GAWD - so scary!! I am back at school already in teacher trainings...nothing much new or changed. So interested to hear about how the NAL stuff is going. Meggie - go for it! See how it goes.

Hellos and hugs to all on here. I am fine - same as ever. Wish I had more to report, but I do think about you good people on here quite a bit. I'm in some lame "training sessions" that reference "people you connect with" on a regular basis...mostly wanting to be the students, of course. UGH...but also real life friends and family. I think of my real life friends. I also think of you, my online friends, who I definitely have connections with. Thanks for being here - you've all impacted my life in important ways. I include you in the people I have had "positive affirmations" with...part of the stuff I'm sitting thru and listening to and thinking about the last few days.

XXXOOO

Comment

Originally posted by houtx770 View Post
                  Hi all - so sorry to hear about your friend, Meggie! GAWD - so scary!! I am back at school already in teacher trainings...nothing much new or changed. So interested to hear about how the NAL stuff is going. Meggie - go for it! See how it goes.

Hellos and hugs to all on here. I am fine - same as ever. Wish I had more to report, but I do think about you good people on here quite a bit. I'm in some lame "training sessions" that reference "people you connect with" on a regular basis...mostly wanting to be the students, of course. UGH...but also real life friends and family. I think of my real life friends. I also think of you, my online friends, who I definitely have connections with. Thanks for being here - you've all impacted my life in important ways. I include you in the people I have had "positive affirmations" with...part of the stuff I'm sitting thru and listening to and thinking about the last few days.

XXXOOO
                  I also love to hear about everyone's life here. I also am thrilled when I look on this site and see someone has posted. My Mom always said make friends with the secretary and custodian. The custodian was alienated from his family due to his drinking. He was very good to many of us at school.
                  I start taking classes next week to learn about the new social studies for fifth grade. I don't start school until September 8th. This year will be my 31 first year teaching.
                  Last week I did the Nal for half the week and drank. I am now taking half of the pill. I will see what happens. I am hoping it will cut me down and I can lose some weight. Hope all is well. Sun, soon I plan on establishing myself on the TSM site.

Comment

Is it riverside pharmacy that allows meds without a scriipt.

Comment

Hi all. I am back. My drinking has gotten better...but sadly lately has escalated. I wake up in the mornings with shaking, feeling nervous and anxious. Now my thought is to get this issue under control. Sigh......many people in my family are alcoholics, or recovering as they say in aa. I just spent some time with them, and though many of them don't drink anymore, it's like they have replaced it with morphine, OxyContin, and other unknown pills. That's just not a road I want to be on. So here I am again, waiting to exhale. I have to stop, but the shakes aren't fun......I guess I need to find the right med so I can taper down. It even got so bad a couple of years ago that I took Antabuse, but it didn't work on me, I could still drink. In Switzerland where I lived I noticed that treatment doesn't work at all. So I didn't go. Uugghh! Ok....enough bla bla, I'm off to read this thread, buy my supplements and hopefully find a med that I'd like to try. Btw it's nice to be back. Thanks for listening, and any advice is well appreciated. Hugs!

Comment

Hi, Sun and I are trying Naltroxene and it is making us drink less. I drank too much yesterday and feel like crap but I think it is changing my drinking. Keep us informed. Nobody has been here in ages.

Comment

Hi there Meggie! Thank you so much for replying. I have noticed that there are so few posts, and a few I used to know have disappeared. I loved this thread because of the wonderful people. . I guess I may try the nal this time around, but I didn't mind the topa. I forgot to take it a few times and then had to start at the beginning then it didn't work as well. I think I could go af, but the withdrawals are horrible. Reading through the thread about a year ago, I see that benzos can help though I don't want to get onto another addiction. Sigh, countdown to getting my supps and nal. I'm just miserable. My aunt who's now addicted to pills told me to go into detox so they give me meds, but I just don't want to end up popping morphine etc.....it's horrible not feeling as though I can't trust detox or therapy. I was in Maui with my father this year and was able to just drink three glasses of wine a night, and think for now that would be a first goal, but after that af..... I hope.

Comment

This is the only thread that I responded to and miss the people that always chimed in. Sun is busy on the Sinclair Method which everyone used the Nal. The Nal seems to be working, I think, I drank too much yesterday and feel like crap. They call it Nalovers, this is awful, it makes me not want to drink tonight. Maybe, that would be great because it has been years since I went without a drink. I want to not drink at all. I want this to go away and never come back.
                            The topa did work for me but I then had a seizure and needed to go on seizure med and topa is a seizure medication. It did work for a year but then I thought, well, I am ok. and here I am again.
                            The Nal is suppose to work on the receptors of the brain, make you not want it . I have nobody around me that is addicted so I am the only bad person.

Comment

Hm...nal sounds interesting. I will have to go check that out. How are you feeling today Meggie?

Comment

I took my Nal an hour before I drank on Saturday and only had about a drink and half. Yesterday was wonderful, so very hot but I got up early did errands. Spent several hours by the pool enjoying the quiet and reading a book.
                                I hope Sun jumps in and tells about the Nal. http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/viewforum is where I got lots of info. The whole premise is that you drink while taking the meds. It is suppose to stop you from drinking and you don't have withdrawal. I had a difficult getting my doctor to write the scriipt. I am starting my second month. I think it is reducing my drinking. It might get better when I start back to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X