No announcement yet.

New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you could give the nal a try Mike - but most docs say that you need to abstain when taking the nal - but for it to work, you HAVE to drink! However, they say that as a doctor cannot say, "okay- take this and go and drink" you might just want to agree with him - OR take the pages at the back of the book that are for professionals! I wish you all the best - but if you do go the TSM route, please have patience - it definitely was NOT a quick fix for me - but was well worth the wait !

Hugs, Sun
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hello all - wrote a post & HELLO!! didn't fly! Surprise! I'll check in again soon & catch up - hope alls well w/ everyone!

Comment

We miss you houtx, hope all is well at school. It was hard to get back to school and the kids are already crazy.
        I am ticked at myself, I have gone back to my usual drinking and I am nal. I am so mad at myself.

Comment

Originally posted by meggie View Post
          I am ticked at myself, I have gone back to my usual drinking and I am nal. I am so mad at myself.
          What do you mean Meggie ? That you are nal .....

Hugs, sun x
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Testing!!

Comment

Originally posted by airam View Post
              Hi everybody!

This is my first post here. I'm a 44 year old woman with a long time drinking problem.

I downloaded the book but haven't finished yet. English is not my first language so I read a bit slowly.

Anyway I started Topa yesterday. I took 25mg al 5:00pm. I started having a few SE right away. A little tingling and some kind of weird vision.

I was drinking a lot. About 500mls of vodka every night. I definetly want to stop. I know it can be dangerous to stop abruptlly because of withdrawal, so I want to taper off.
              Last night I drank 3 beers and had a few symptoms: sweating, insomnia.

But I really don't know how to do the tapering off process safely. How long should it take? Can somebody help me?

ETA: I have taken for a few weeks B-complex, Milk Thistle 600, Magnesium 200, L-Glutamine 3g
              Hi! It's good to know that you wanted to stop drinking. Yes, it's hard but I know you can definitely do it. If you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms when tapering off, you may consider seeking medical experts. You can visit alcohol detox center, they will surely help you with it. You may also consider entering AA in your place, people in AA will surely know what to do and will surely give you advice.

Comment

I've written 2 posts that haven't posted here - so frustrated!! I'm signed in, all seems to be ok - not flying. Will keep it simple here - hope alls well w/ everyone! Happy New Year! More later when I'm not so frustrated! UGH

Comment

Yuck, Mid year testing.
                  Sun, I am on the nal and I have gone back to my usual drinking habits. I angry with myself so I haven't posted on the nal site.

Comment

Meggie - as long as you are following the Golden rule, it will eventually work. Just have faith and patience - I know it is hard - but it will work in the end.

Houtx - so sorry about your not being able to post - that must be so frustrating for you. Try copying and pasting maybe?

Hugs, Sun x

Comment

Haven't missed a night without the pill and always wait the hour, maybe even longer. I just need to focus more.

Comment

Meggie - you might want to try cutting the pill in two - some folk over on TSM have noticed a difference when they do that. maybe it helps it absorb better and/or faster? hang in there - it will work for you - I know it will,

Hugs, sun x

Comment

Really, who should I be following? I have read more then my usual to find any new advice. Thank you. Already took it tonight, I will try anything.

Comment

Oh gosh Meggie - I cannot remember who said they did it but a couple of people have tried it and said that it seemed to make a difference .... sorry I cannot be of more help ..... I suppose if it is cut in half then it gets absorbed faster ? maybe?

hugs, Sun x

Comment

Hey all - trying again! Sunny, so happy TSM worked for you & Meggie, hope it does for you, too! I was one of the originals who tried it in 2009 after the book came out. Some said it worked best for beer & hard-liquor drinkers, but then after awhile the winos chimed in that it worked for them. I tried it for 2 years: 25mgs trial/then 50 mgs for the 1st year; 100 mgs for the 2nd year. Then decided it wasn't working for me and went on to a 3 month trial with BAC & then TOPA.

I did try AB for a bit - am now just trying to live life in moderation. Some days are better than others! :-/ I'm going to go ahead and post this b/c my history with trying to write long posts and hitting the 'Post" button has not been good. HA! More later. Oh - and I'm about 99% sure i'm retiring from teaching this year! Scared and excited! Hope alls well w/ you Meggie & others - hang in there!

Cheers to everyone else & more soon -

XXXOOO
                              Last edited by houtx770; January 13, 2016, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Houtx - good to see that you finally made it and posted! I have no idea why you have so much trouble - I wish I could help. I am also sorry that TSM didn't work for you. it did take me 11 months to the day - and lots of times I felt like giving up but to me there was no alternative.

Wow - good for you retiring from teaching - I have said many times to both you and Meggie that I could never ever be paid enough to do that. Will you look for a job of some sort or retire retire?

Good to see you again,
                                Hugs, Sun x

Comment

Working...
                                X