No announcement yet.

New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck, I can't even stand grading 25 essays. 100 college essays sound horrid. I agree with the rest, get to a doctor. I am thinking I need an upper also. I am so tired and sick of school. We have had no snow days. No relief and the kids want to get out and play and the weather is awful. Hang in there, How is the girl.

Comment

Stuck - I so agree with the others - go to the doc! You need to take something so that you can get the rest of your self sorted - please go and see your doctor and get some AD's !!!

HUGS, Sun
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hello friends!
        Haven't checked in in awhile...
        Sunny - happy belated and so happy NAL is working for you! I would certainly consider going back on it if more were posting that it worked. After 2 yrs @ 50 then 100 mgs. I didn't get there. Also, most people it was successful with were beer drinkers or hard liquor exclusively. Still...curious to see how it might affect more.

Meggie & Stuck - you sound like I feel about school!! But for me, the end is in sight! I think I posted earlier that I decided to retire this year. YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!! Scary thought money-wise, but I'll get a lump sum distribution I can invest and then I must find a regular job...hopefull tied to the school year, but who knows. I can't stand these asshole, rude kids and their asshole rude parents...and the paperwork crap, testing required from the district is mind-numbing and absurd.

Anyway - Stuck, sounds like you're in a bad funk right now. Hope you pull yourself up & out!! You can do it!!

Good input from jane & neva...

I'm doing ok, too. Vodka /(diet) tonics for the most part & wine on weekends. Just maintaining at best. Not so great on the dating scene - UGH crazy story from this last week. But happy for a new career adventure and encourage all of you to push your personal envelope. I'm 62 & looking forward to my future...a little nervous and anxious, sure...but glad I made this decision and feel like it's ultimately going to be OK!

Hope so too with all of you!
        xxxooo

Comment

Miss everyone, how is everyone doing.

Comment

Very quiet here - hope that's a good sign

Comment

I have been trying to see what is going on. I have been messaging on the Nal site. I don't seem to be having much luck with the Nal. It will be 8 months May 7th. I have gone up to 75 mg to see it does something with my brain. Getting close to your retirement, how do you feel about retiring. I am nervous but won't be retiring until next June. I do talk with Sun on the Nal site. She hasn't had a drink in 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by meggie View Post
                I have been trying to see what is going on. I have been messaging on the Nal site. I don't seem to be having much luck with the Nal. It will be 8 months May 7th. I have gone up to 75 mg to see it does something with my brain. Getting close to your retirement, how do you feel about retiring. I am nervous but won't be retiring until next June. I do talk with Sun on the Nal site. She hasn't had a drink in 3 months.
                Hey, Meggie. It sounds like you have your online forum communications covered, but there are some people who have successfully used Nal on the new site we just started, and one person thinking about it. I'd love it if you shared your experience.

I started to take nal (with bacofen) a month or so ago and found that it decreased how much I drank in a session almost immediately. I'm not taking it right now, but may go back to it soon...

Forums - The End of my Addiction

Hope you're well.

Comment

Meggie - you are 7 1/2 months in! It took me 11 months - and I had no let up until the day it worked! PLEASE have more faith and be more positive - you can and will do this - but you have to believe!! Also if there is no difference with the 75mg within at most, four weeks, I would go back down to 50 - I have heard that if you do not feel any different with 75 in that space of time then going up makes no difference .....

Hugs, Sun x
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Great to see you Sun and congrats on your success.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thank you Skendall - I am absolutely delighted! (obviously). I did think it was never going to happen for me but literally happened over night! I never gave up though because to me, there was no alternative! It still seems surreal although I do not think about it as much as I did - and I even still now and then think about having a drink - but truly do not want one! Amazing!

thanks for the congrats!

hugs, Sun x

Comment

Hi everyone,

It's been a while but I was going to ask if anyone in the UK knows where to buy antabuse. The last batch I got are duds, probably just chalk called 'alconil'

I'm doing ok but need to cut down or stop again. I have been temping and have a very busy job dealing with building planning applications.

Sun, how did you taper the Nal over the last few months. I tried it once but not for long enough apparently.

Hugs to all.
                        D XXX

Comment

Dizzy! Hi there - it has been SO long since I saw you! I did not taper the nal - I am not sure why I would do that. I took the nal every time I drank - and my drinking did not taper off in the latter months of me doing TSM - it stayed pretty much the same and then suddenly one day - I just did not want to drink. the nal took 11 months to the day - I was NOT going to stop it as to me there was no alternative. I have NO desire now whatsoever to drink, but if I should want to, as long as I take a nal, it is fine. I did not know that you had tried nal - when was that and how long did you try it for? Did you read the book by Eskapa?

Great to see you again - shame about why though .....

Hugs, Sun xx

Comment

Hello,
                            I was here years ago and took Topa with some success. Then strangely felt weird about the fact that I ordered it from overseas and quit. What a mistake! So now I have a new order and haven't started yet. From what I've read in this thread, I should do 25 mg for 5 days, go up another 25 for 5 days, yet another 25 for 5 days and then be done? I'd appreciate any input. Hoping this works and I can finally be done with the mess I've gotten myself into. Also, is this a life-long thing or do you think I could do three months and then taper down and be done?

Comment

Hi there - no, you have the titration wrong - I will find it and post it for you. With the Topa you do need to always take it - I took it and actually stopped drinking for 8 months - but had to go up to 300mg for it to work for me and at that dose I got really depressed and finally stopped taking it - then thought I could just have one ..... and we all know how that works! So it is an all the time thing as far as I can recall - I actually started taking naltrexone January 2015 and finally have NO desire whatsoever to drink - the 'cure' took 11 months but it was SO worth it - I do not want to drink and if I do, I can have one, as long as I take a nal an hour before! But have not had a drink since mid Jan (I think)! And then only sipped at it and then tipped it out. Here is the titration schedule for the Topa anyway - and feel free to PM me if you need any questions answered!

Week Morning dose Afternoon dose

1 25mg

2 2 x 25 mg

3 1 x 25 mg 2 x 25mg

4 2 x 25mg 2 x 25mg

5 2 x 25mg 1 x 100mg

6 1 x 100mg 1 x 100 mg

7 1 x 100mg 1 x 100mg
                              2 x 25mg

8 1 x 100mg 1 x 100mg
                              2 x 25mg 2 x 25mg

9 1 x 100mg 1 x 100mg
                              2 x 25mg 2 x 25mg

weeks 10, 11 and 12, same as week 8 and 9

Wishing you all the best with whatever you choose,

hugs, Sun

Just looked at it after I posted it and the spaces do not come out between the different times of day for dosing. Hopefully you can work it out - there should be columns - the first being which week it is, the second being the morning dose and the third being the afternoon dose - sorry it is such a mess!

yet another edit and I have private messaged it to you and I think it has come out with the columns!
                              Last edited by sunshinedaisies; May 7, 2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Sunny!!!!! So good to see you! You sound amazing! So happy for you! Dear Friend, I have a favor to ask you...you have found success on Nal (as I did), and we have a lovely new woman on our thread, ActionGirl, who is on NAL but who is struggling right now. Could you please, please, please post on the One Step At A Time Thread and encourage her? I would be so grateful.

I miss you. So glad we can keep in touch here.:hug:

Comment

Working...
                                X