X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever used Lithium 5mg?

Lithium 5 mg?

Do you mean for alcohol cravings or for Bipolar Disorder?
    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

For Alcohol cravings and mood.

Comment

No experience with that, but Im interested to know if there is something in it??

Comment

I remember being told by a psychiatrist several years ago that lithium could be helpful in some cases of alcoholism. He also wanted me to take it for my problems with depression, saying it could help with that. I didn't try it in the end, due to the need to have your blood levels monitored frequently, but I read elsewhere that a few doctors considered it helpful for drinking problems. It could be worth trying. I must admit that the potential side effects of lithium had also scared me off trying it at the time, but many people with bipolar disorder would take it daily.

Comment

yes,tru i had a bipolar problem and i use to take that

Comment

Lithium

Lithium (Orotate)

Info on lithium orotate. Drinking too much reduces your lithium levels so you can supplement it with this. Seems to work and much safer than Lithium carbonate which is quite dangerous and only given in a hospital setting.
              BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

I'd agree that the OP must have been talking about lithium orotate, since lithium carbonate is given in doses way larger than the 5 mg that was mentioned.

Comment

Fascinating about lithium being a trace mineral Otter. Are bipolar patients treated with Lith-O or Lith-C? Seems like the drug companies would make money with C, thus, maybe it's C. All docs seem to know is what drug companies teach them, sometimes, no offence.

Comment

There is a lot of info in the "Holistic Healing" section on lithium orotate (mostly in my posts). It is considered a supplement and sold OTC (no prescription).

It requires very low levels to achieve results, is non-addictive, non-tolerance-creating, and no side effects. Fairly cheap, too.

It is part of the "Seven Weeks to Sobriety" nutritional/supplements healing program. She explains it well in the book.

I have used LO for years at night for sleeping issues. It has a moderate, but definite, calming effect for me.

Some people on the other forums have reported complete reversal of bipolar with LO; one person said her husband had tried everything known for his bipolar, both chemical and natural, and the LO was the only thing that worked.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I'd just like to point out that it is non-prescription and natural. Not an iota of an inkling of a possibility for profit by drug companies. And most doctors probably don't even know about it.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Lithium

Fletch;943952 wrote: Fascinating about lithium being a trace mineral Otter. Are bipolar patients treated with Lith-O or Lith-C? Seems like the drug companies would make money with C, thus, maybe it's C. All docs seem to know is what drug companies teach them, sometimes, no offence.
                        Doctors treat with lithium carbonate. Lithium orotate is a recent thing. Hospital patients are treated with masive doses of lithium carbonate which are near lethal and make them shake. It is awful to see and the patients hate it and beg to get off it.

Lithium orotate is natural, safe and inexpensive and has no side effects, much like Baclofen. Hmmm....
                        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Working...
                        X