question for Dr. Levin's patients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone that has filled a domestic pharmacy's prescription for BAC (i.e. not obtained from a foreign pharmacy) noticed any difference in SE? Dr. Levin seems to think that is the source of most of people's SEs.

P.S. Dr. Levin took my very first call tonight and we are doing a phone consultation tomorrow morning. My hat is off to him!

Sorry, I don't have any answers for you. There are some on the side effects of baclofen thread, though. And/or the consolidated baclofen thread. I'll bump it.
    I'd love to hear more about what Dr. Levin said concerning side effects from the overseas stuff.
    Good luck!
    eva

Comment

Yes, I am well acquainted with all the SE and have posted more than a few of my own on that thead! However, I always wondered why Dr. A never seemed to experience all the SE that the rest of us have, and Dr. Levin seemed to think that a large part of that was due to foreign formulations.

He also emphasized that we need to titrate up very slowly.

Comment

hangingoninFL;944722 wrote: Yes, I am well acquainted with all the SE and have posted more than a few of my own on that thead! However, I always wondered why Dr. A never seemed to experience all the SE that the rest of us have, and Dr. Levin seemed to think that a large part of that was due to foreign formulations.

He also emphasized that we need to titrate up very slowly.
        Amen to the slowly part. I took 50mg too much one time by accident and I tell ya, it wasn't fun. I may ask my Dr. for a maintenance dose. but I have to say, now that I am titrating down, I have no SE's. None.
        Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
        That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
        Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
        Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

I ordered baclofen (foreign) online when I started taking it late last year. It worked so well, with minimal side effects, that I went to my Dr., gave her the book and information, and got a prescription for 80 mg/day from her. To titrate up I had to keep take foreign and domestic bac. I didn't notice a difference between them and I did the whole thing with few side effects and none that were disturbing in any way.

My drinking dropped dramatically from the first day I took baclofen. (I started at 10/10/10). I didn't stop right away, but I NEVER over-drank whatever relief it gave me, which means I went from all-day drinking to 2 drinks/day immediately. Fairly soon I had AF days, then AF weeks, so I think that also helped me have minimal side effects.

Good luck!

BTW - I'm not a patient of Dr. Levin's, but thought this might be the kind of information you're wanting.
          "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

I'm taking Upsh-Smith baclofen 20 mgs now from a domestic (USA) pharmacy, legally prescribed and through all the proper channels..

I've taken:

Liofen from India
            Pacifen from New Zealand
            Baclan from Korea
            Baclofen from neuraxpharm in Germany
            Baclofen from AWD in Germany
            Baclofen from Aliud in Germany

I haven't noticed a difference. Dr. Levin did tell me that each country has its own formulary and may produce baclofen to different potencies and standards than others.
            :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
            :what?:
            sigpic
            Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
            A Forum
            Trolls need not apply

Comment

Working...
            X