Gluten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gluten

I was on the Baclofen for Addiction - Baclofen UK forum and there is someone there who has mentioned Gluten attaching itself to opiode receptors and getting a high from it. I had never heard of this. Apparently neither has Dr. Chick. I am intrigued. I have read that sugar addiction is as strong as heroin addiction and that it is related to the same opiode receptor. I raise this because it seems that some people are substituting sugar for alcohol which is not really an escape from the illness but, I suppose, better than drinking but I think it leads back to drinking.

Has anyone heard this before?
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Gluten

Gluten is a protein and is broken down into amino acids before being absorbed by humans. I don't think the human body makes gluten. I would stand corrected if a biochemist or nutritionist could let us know otherwise. There are gluten allergies and in some bowel problems gluten could be absorbed but I cannot imaging how it would cross the blood brain barrier.

Comment

Gluten

Hi Otter,

When I quit drinking, I craved sugar in the worst way, and not any sugar...ice cream, which I NEVER eat. This went on for about 2 days and then subsided.

Also, I just heard about the downside of gluten from my very well-educated and informed neighbor. Oddly enough, she mentioned a correlation between gluten intolerance and people of Irish heritage, which would include me. Bloating, IBS and other issues are caused by gluten intolerance, and of course, the first thing she mentioned as being deadly was AL.

Interesting.

Comment

Gluten

Isn't baclofen used to treat Multiple Sclerosis.My Mother had MS and was put on a gluten free diet,not sure id that means anything.

Comment

Gluten

Rusty, I had the ice cream thing, too!!
          Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
          That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
          Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
          Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Gluten

I let myself eat a lot of sugar for a few months while coming off the alcohol. I am now back to a normal healthy diet. Just didn't want to have to fight 2 battles at once. Felt that a few months of sugar indulgence would not harm me and might help me stay al free. Interestingly I wasn't much of a sugar junkie before stopping drinking. It sort of surprised me. But sugar and gluten have nothing to do with each other chemically (except they are both food). I had heard the addiction thing about sugar. Can't imagine an addiction to gluten.
            Sunny

Comment

Gluten

Food addiction

I got this web address from someone on the Baclofen for Addiction - Baclofen UK web site:

Studies and Review Articles Focusing on Food Addiction | Refined Food Addiction Research Foundation

It is fascinating!!
              BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Working...
              X