Bacoflen/Topamax availability in Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have decided I would like to try one of the above. Can anyone tell me are either available in Ireland, with our without a prescription? Many thanks.

Anyone?

Comment

Ireland

seethesunrise;954787 wrote: I have decided I would like to try one of the above. Can anyone tell me are either available in Ireland, with our without a prescription? Many thanks.
      Hi,

I am not sure about Ireland but TM1210 has posted on page 2 of this forum under UK Bac Users. He is in Belfast and is getting Baclofen prescribed there by a private doctor, I believe, and had some of his on-line supply for sale. You might want to get in touch with him.

Hope that helps.

Best of luck

Otter
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Ok thanks. I just went ahead and ordered some baclofen from an online pharmacy. Worst thing that can happen is they confiscate it. I ordered the 25mg, I am wondering is it safe to start on 25mg a day?

I tend to be quite resistant to medications, e.g., I was on an antibiotic recently that is notorious for causing side effects but I experienced none. I realise baclofen is not an antibiotic but I just tend to be quite resistant to medications in general.

I just want to get down from my current 25-40 units of alcohol a week to 5-10 or so.

Comment

See the Sun Rise,

:welcome:

I hope you will post about your Baclofen experience. Some of us are reticent.

But, whenever we hear of a triumph, we all jump up and clap and whenever we hear of someone who is suffering too much from the Baclofen, we listen.

I hope you are one of those we can clap about.

Thank you for joining and good luck!!

Please keep us posted.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I am taking baclofen which I get from an online chemist site ?45 for 300 10mgs with ?5 postage I am 10 days AF on 20mgs daily still craving a bit but seem to be handling it ok. Worried as to whether Bacofen is addictive and cannot really find out. i would not like to take this medication long term or become addicted to baclofen! I am sleeping very deeply and waking up a bit fuzzy but it passes off very quickly.

Comment

Anon,

Baclofen is no way addictive - people with multiple sclerosis and other muscle conditions use it for years on end, with no dependency issues. It also does not become less effective over time.

Sunrise, I'll bump the Consolidated Baclofen Information thread for you. PLEASE make sure that you read it carefully - especially as far as titration guidelines are concerned. YES: 25mg in one dose to start you off is too much...
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thanks for that Tiptronic glad it is not addictive What does BUMP mean? Feeling very pleased to have got to day 10 but wonder if 20mgs is going to be enough as I seem so sleepy with that dose and although I have not hit the switch I am doing well with the support on the MYO forum and the 20mgs baclofen. Thanks for listening.

Comment

anon;959041 wrote: Thanks for that Tiptronic glad it is not addictive What does BUMP mean? Feeling very pleased to have got to day 10 but wonder if 20mgs is going to be enough as I seem so sleepy with that dose and although I have not hit the switch I am doing well with the support on the MYO forum and the 20mgs baclofen. Thanks for listening.
                  Hey, Anon

"Bump" simply refers to posting on a thread that is no longer high up on the 1st page. By doing so, it goes to the top of the page.

If the somnolence (sleepiness) is very bad, just stick to the same dose for a few more days before titrating up further. It WILL get better. This isn't a race, so take it as fast or as slowly as your body tells you to

Good luck & keep us posted!
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thanks Tiptronic--Off to babysit now so can not take medication until later but will not have any cravings while I am responsible for a baby. Maybe that is my switch! bit drastic at 63 to have another baby----

Comment

anon;959076 wrote: Thanks Tiptronic--Off to babysit now so can not take medication until later but will not have any cravings while I am responsible for a baby. Maybe that is my switch! bit drastic at 63 to have another baby----
                      Hey, you need to do whatever it takes!!! :H:H:H
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Well, I received a note from the post office about a parcel so assume my first consignment has arrived.

As I don't drink every day (used to drink most days) I am not even sure if bacoflen is suitable for me or if I need to take it every day. My problem is on the days I do drink, I drink too much, almost always. Always at least six cans/pints of beer. I am wondering if bacoflen is right for me?

Comment

I haven't tried any other drugs and only been taking Bac for a couple of weeks. But I haven't tracked down any horrible, irreversible SEs yet and it certainly does do something.
                          Go for bac!
                          I need another guinea pig to run along side and prob. your constitution will give out before mine .......... only joking.
                          Really I don't see that you have a downside.
                          Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

Working...
                          X