Baclofen plus Naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen plus Naltrexone

I have a friend who is considering taking both baclofen and naltrexone. Has anyone on this forum any experience or guidance on this combo or any links to helpful info.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sunny

Baclofen plus Naltrexone

I did both together on my first try of bac. I have to say the side effects of the bac were worse the first time I tried bac. I am not sure if this was because I kept drinking and using bac, or because I was mixing bac, nal and booze. I am not experiencing many side effects this second try on bac, but I have also stopped using nal after 14 months. So for me I am guessing nal and bac didn't mix (I know Wort has mixed them though and has positive results)
    Worse side effect of the nal for me was very bad insomnia and mind racing (even after 14 months). Most mornings after taking nal my mind would be going a million miles an hour at 3am to 7am. I hated it. It was like going mad.
    Bac on its own is working better for me this time round. Much better results than 14 months on nal and The Sinclair Method.
    I know this is not the case for everyone. Many have seen great results from nal alone - just visit The Sinclair Method site.
    Hope this helps.
    Full English
    1st started BAC 17/4/10 - got to 60MG. Stopped 28th May due to SE's.
    2nd try of BAC started 6/9/10. Reached my switch at 210MG on 8/12/10. I weigh 68KG.
    Have been Al Free since 19th November 2010. Extremely thankful and grateful.

Comment

Baclofen plus Naltrexone

Hi Sunny,

The combination (nal + bac) did work for me. Details are at
      thesinclairmethod.com • View topic - Wort hits the switch sometime after 7/15/2010

In retrospect, I did not give naltrexone long enough to succeed. At any rate, I am very grateful to be AF.

Best,
      -wort
      TSM started 1/22/2010; Wks 1-6: 78u/wk
      Baclofen + TSM started 3/5/10; Wks 7-25: 52u/wk
      Alcohol free and indifferent since 7/15/2010

Comment

Baclofen plus Naltrexone

That was my way out.

I continue to use Nal every time I drink...whenever that is :H

I wish I had the time to do this topic justice in this thread, but I have already done so many times over the last year around here and maybe on the TSM forums.
        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
        :what?:
        sigpic
        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
        A Forum
        Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen plus Naltrexone

thanks all
          sunny