Drinking while on baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electron are you still titrating up on the Bac and how're the cravings?
    Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

reneesmiles;975498 wrote: Not good combo's there. Baclofen is a muscle relaxer (correct?), alcohol is a depressant and Remeron is a benzo.

You'll probably feel like total hell and I hope you do. (Sorry... but just being honest.)

I have drank off and on on Bac and always feel like I drank a river of alcohol the next day. Not fun.
      Remeron is a tetracyclic antidepressant, not a benzo. Mirtazapine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've been taking it for 2 weeks and the daytime drowsiness is passing now, I don't think the bac makes me drowsy or tired at all, if anything it increases my anxiety. I get ringing in my ears and dry mouth. I think I have titrated up too quickly.

Comment

ignominous;975513 wrote: Electron are you still titrating up on the Bac and how're the cravings?
        I was up to 80mg / day for the past 2 days but I'm getting too many side effects so today I'm going back to 60mg. I'll stay on that for a while, the ringing in my ears is getting annoying.

The cravings are pretty much the same so far.

Comment

I think I've also titrated up too fast, The SEs which were amusing to begin with are now a pain in the ass. I'm at 160mg and am going to level of here for a while until the sleepyness and the forgetfulness wear off.

I'm reluctant to reduce my dosage. I think I can take another week of this without freaking out, but if necessary I will reduce. The unfortunate consequence of not continuously ramping up is that I haven't had a day AF for over a week. On the positive side is that I can't enjoy getting plastered any more.

The SEs are annoying but if that's what it takes to get where I'm going I'm game.

I think Bac allows us a breathing space to rewire our brains but that rewiring is the ultimate switch. Just MVHO being spaced out and in a place I haven't seen for more than 30 years!
          Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

Working...
          X