L-tyrosine for depression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried this? Tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine and norepinephrine, and there are many articles that tout its anti-depressive benefits.

Amino acids

This is an amino acid and it is part of the detox formula used by the Health Recovery Center in Minnepolis. If you go to their web site you can see how they use it and why. It helps with the pain of withdrawal, I think. L-tryptophan is recommended for depression as it changes into seratonin and is now marketed as Optimax for severe depression. It is also part of the Health Recovery Center detox. The information about amino acids is also in their book, Seven Weeks to Sobriety.

Here is a link:

Pharmaceutical Grade: L-Tryptophan
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

hi fL theres an old saying,whatever works i guess,theres many reasons why were depressed,i dont think it takes a genius to figure out why we are,many of us were initiated b4 we were even born,i do wish you well and that you fiund what you need gyco

Comment

I've had a lot of problems with depression over the years, both when drinking and when not drinking. I would say give amino acids like L-tyrosine and L-tryptophan (or 5-HTP) a try for depression. I tried tyrosine but gave up on it too quickly, after just a couple of days really. I imagine that it may need to be taken regularly for several weeks to work, just like most prescription antidepressants. I remember reading that any amino acid supplements like this need to be taken alone for them to be absorbed and taken into the brain properly...in other words they shouldn't be taken with food and probably shouldn't be taken with any other amino acids at the same time either. Maybe separate them from food and other amino acids by 30 to 90 minutes. I have just started trying L-tryptophan now and it does seem to have some effects fairly quickly (some calmness of mind and mild mood lift). I imagine that L-tyrosine could be taken between meals in the mornings and maybe afternoons while L-tryptophan could be better taken at night, or maybe smallish doses of tryptophan (separately to the tyrosine) during the day and most of it at night.

Comment

you should try P-Boost, you will get that "BOOST" you need.. the All Natural Way.

Comment

I have been taking tyrosine for a couple of weks now and havent noticed any difference, but it may be early days. I also read that it should be taken alone and without food, I take it when first thing of a morning when I wake up.

Comment

Working...
            X