I Finally Hit The Switch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignominous;977649 wrote: I'm also not good at journaling but I'm making a sterling effort here.

Like all new found believers/converts I now find that I am becoming a zealot, please pardon me.

Your story has given me hope that until a few weeks ago I couldn't dream of. So I'm unnaturally enthused.
    Keep on keeping on is all I can say. I don't think anyone here has had the bad side effects I had, but they only happened when I got to the higher doses. But, they were a bitch to say the least

Kay

P.S. Going to my 40th class reunion today and will not be able to respond to posts until tomorrow evening. Thanks everyone for your support. Good luck and I will talk to you tomorrow.

Comment

Great news! Thanks for posting your story - so very encouraging!! Hope you had fun at your reunion. I have renewed hope yet again! Every day seems to bring more good news on the baclofen adventure. Thank you again, kaye for taking the time to post.

Comment

Topsy-Turvy-Tracy;977702 wrote: Kay, wow what a story! It sounds like a harrowing five months, but what a wonderful ending!

Am I gathering that you are still titrating down?
        Yes, I am at 80mg am, 80mgafternoon, 80mg evening; will stay here for three days.

Comment

Back from my 40th class reunion; had a wonderful time; my classmates were amazed at my appearance. I have lost 100 lbs since the last time they saw me. Thanks for all your support.

Kay

Comment

muchthought;977836 wrote: Great news! Thanks for posting your story - so very encouraging!! Hope you had fun at your reunion. I have renewed hope yet again! Every day seems to bring more good news on the baclofen adventure. Thank you again, kaye for taking the time to post.
            Thanks, much. Just keep on keeping on is my advice. I learned (the hard way) to wait until all side effects had subsided to go on my errands. I try to not walk around a lot during the what I call the "dropsy" phase, where I drop everything i have in my hands. I don't drive until the SE's have subsided. For instance, today I have a dentist appointment at 9:30 a.m. I will take my first dose @ 5:30 a.m., and I will be good to go to the dentist. Then I will complete my grocery shopping, come home put it all away and take my next dose. Wait for the side SE's to subside and go out in the yard for my outside duties. So, anyway these are the ways I dealt with really bad SE's. Still have the tinnitis and insomnia, and I do fall asleep occasionally in the morning. No alcohol and don't miss it.

Kay

Comment

I am finally trying to get to grips with handling SEs.

I work intensly between 2.30 qnd 5o'clock every day when I have to be firing on all cylinders

My schedule for todays 180mg:
              40 when I get up. About 6o'clock
              40 before 11
              40 about 4 o'clock if I can get it in without any one seeing me. I was taking this dose at 5 when i finish work but think that was probably reinforcing my positive association with alcohol as 5 is when I start drinking
              60 in maybe 2 doses when I get home this evenibg
              Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

Ig,
                Would it help to have the dose ready with a glass of water and just tell your client that you need to take a medicine at 4PM? It is no shame to take care of yourself and it is nobody's business what you are taking or why. that way the med would be in you at the time of your "happy" hour. Good luck
                S

Comment

Whilst I agree with you in theory. Not every one is as enlightened as we are.

Comment

Yes, Loop, perseverance, determination, and faith that the program works. AND, it did!

Kay

Comment

That sounds pretty good to me, Ig. I'm no expert, I just had to adjust my dosage to my schedule. How do you get home in the evening? If you drive, I might take just 40 mg, get home and take the rest. But it is individual. I spent the first two months trying to figure out what was best for me.

Comment

I take a taxi home, so that's not a problem. It's only while I'm working that I need to demonstrate how together I am or people will take advantage.

I'm thinking tomorrow I will give my 'window of working' a wider berth.

Comment

WOW, KTB, good for you! I weigh just a little more than you and hit my switch at 245, but I was honestly terrified to go any higher than that. I think you just may take the cake for the highest KG/MG ratio!! Isn't it amazing?!?
                          Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                          That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                          Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                          Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Wow, KTB!! Awesome and huge kudos to you for sticking it out!!

I have piddled around at low doses (100 mgs/day or so) for months and let the SEs put me off.

I go into rehab Friday for 8 weeks. They know I take Baclofen for muscle spasm.

I will continue at the 80 mgs/day my doctor has prescribed but I fully intend to come out of rehab and continue to titrate up afterwards.

I am going to rehab because my sober times have been horrible. Not just cravings but a complete lack of the ability to live sober. It is scary. Hopefully rehab will help me address living sober and the subsequent Baclofen therapy will allow me to flit away any cravings.

Again, many kudos to you for getting there with Baclofen and many thanks for sharing with us. Stories like yours give so many of us hope.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wow, Cindi. I must say, rehab was not for me. I kept drinking right up to two days before I hit the "switch." That is one thing that appealed to me with Dr. A's program. He, too, drank until four days before the switch. I could not afford rehab, nor would I have gone if I could. I wish you the best of luck. Kay

Comment

I don't know, I read a post where someone went up to 400 mg per day. I cannot imagine that! It is a wonderful feeling though, and I feel finally free! Kay

Comment

Working...
                                X