• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering if this is a bac side effect?

LOL I think you'll survive.
    Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

ignominous;978466 wrote: LOL I think you'll survive.
      Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
      ~Clutch

Comment

Coughing could have brought on a hiatal hernia. If so eat light and avoid "bubbly" food.
        Are you nauseated at all? Have you had your liver tests run in the last few months?
        so many possibilities. Hope you feel better SOON.
        Sunny

Comment

Sunnyvalenting;978626 wrote: Coughing could have brought on a hiatal hernia. If so eat light and avoid "bubbly" food.
          Are you nauseated at all? Have you had your liver tests run in the last few months?
          so many possibilities. Hope you feel better SOON.
          Sunny
          Hope not! I don't think I coughed that hard. No nausea at all, haven't had liver tests run in quite some time. Seems the Prevacid is helping for now, and I've felt almost back to normal today (aside from a post-coffee flare up). Been eating pretty well the last few days, lots of fruits and veggies.

I'll monitor closely, just to rule out the possibility of something more serious, but now it's starting to seem like some fluke 3 day run of heartburn (easy to say now that I'm feeling somewhat better), whether or not brought on by tapering down on bac has yet to be seen!
          Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
          ~Clutch

Comment

One suggestion, Isolde: Ditch the fruit.

If it is acid reflux (as opposed to a virus or some other condition):

I tried keeping up with the all the prohibitions and recommendations, but a low-carb diet did the trick immediately (after years of suffering, and trips to the ER to have lodged food yanked out of my throat due to an inflamed esophagus, and being on every acid blocker/reducer available by prescription or over the counter). And I do mean "right now" - within 24 hours.

I have a fridge full of asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and all kinds of squash. But there is no juice or fruit in my kitchen because those are "treats" to me now and not part of my daily diet (although, technically, I think squash is a fruit). There is also no bread, potatoes, rice or cereal. I can drink Michelob light until it runs out my ears, but you couldn't pay me to touch a Bud Light (it REALLY exacerbates the symptoms).

After years of trying to deal with it, that diet is the only thing that has provided 100% relief (and given my esophagus a chance to heal).

The only other thing is this: If you are a smoker, you should quit since smoking is not only a precursor to GERD (and esophageal cancer, for which GERD is sometimes a precursor), but it also exacerbates the symptoms of GERD.

Sorry. I didn't mean to hop up on a soap box. I'll hop down now.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
            - Vernon Howard

Comment

Working...
            X