Meds with a goal Abstinence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are fine, Saph, staying on and in this thread. I didn't mean to exclude people who were not on meds. Just wanted a group who's goal was abstinence. Believe me, if I had been able to do it w/o the bac I probably wouldn't have gotten to this forum anyway but we each have our own walk.
    After 9 months of abstinence now it doesn't even occur to me to have a drink. That is so unlike it was before. In the past I white knuckled every AF situation. I am only now on 20-30 of Bac at night mostly to help me sleep. I won't entirely stop it if I have any recurrence of cravings. I also want to be AF for a year before I taper down any further. Did someone have Dr Levin's number for someone on the thread?
    Sunny

Comment

Dr. Levin's home number is 312-642-5803. Call on weekdays after 6 pm central standard time.

Sunny, did you drink at all in the beginning while taking bac or were you abstinent from the get go?

I've seen a couple of different posts from you regarding cues, and they're interesting. I'm sometimes envious of people who drink in bars. I've always drank at home, so my own living room is a "cue."

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
      - Vernon Howard

Comment

AF from the start. I had tried many times to be abstinent but this time it "took"
        S

Comment

I too was a stay at home drinker. This is where the bac helps a lot as anything was an excuse or reason to drink and living alone didn't make the choice any easier. It seemed like all my good intentions were constantly reversed until this came along
          S

Comment

I "have" to be AF from Sunday morning until Tuesday night. I'll be at a retreat (not recovery oriented), will have a roommate and be surrounded by people all the time. I'm hoping if I start practicing now, when I get back on Tuesday, I'll have a bit more traction, more rubber on the road than I've had. I'm not going to try a big increase on the bac during that time. I'm just going to follow the plan, and give it (and me) a chance to work.

It's not the most substantial plan, but I think it might help.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
            - Vernon Howard

Comment

Working...
            X