Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning! I am not a Doctor!!!!

Hi all.

I want to make it absolutely clear that any postings on this site by me are my own and based on my own understanding of Baclofen. I am not a doctor and have no medical qualifications whatsoever. After posting on mywayout for some time I became so alarmed by the fact that people were having to self-prescribe that I set up a site to promote prescription under the direction of a doctor as opposed to self prescription.

None of my posts in relation to a fast detox using Baclofen were recommended by any doctor. I came up with the idea myself. I may have misinterpreted certain things which were said to me and it may be that people on this site think there is a doctor who is using a fast detox method. That is not the case as far as I am aware.

Also, my wife has been on Baclofen for over a year and has had high doses of it so side effects were not as much of an issue with her. Of course, having posted for such a long time about this I perhaps overlooked the fact that people who did not know my situation may have thought that this was something someone should do without ever having taken Baclofen before. I suppose that I should have been more careful in what I did because it may be that using Baclofen in the way I suggested is dangerous and I would not want anyone to be harmed by my actions, far from it.

I will add that my experience with alcoholism over the past 10 years, purely as a carer, has led me to believe that the safest treatment for alcoholism is that contained in Seven Weeks to Sobriety and I recommend the book to anyone. However, the discovery of high-dose baclofen treatment is something which is an enormously useful tool and does work to stop craving. A reading of Seven Weeks will tell anyone, perhaps including Dr. Ameisen, that there is more to recovering from years of alcoholism than just stopping the craving mechanism.

Again, the dosages which I set out on the Dosage and Frequency thread were not recommended by anyone. I tried them out of desperation and reported the results as they happened.

I hope that clarifies things and that no one is upset.

Please, please, consult a doctor when you are engaging in any pharmaceutical treatment.

Kind regards

Otter
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

I hope and expect that most people reading this forum had an idea of where you were coming from and I for one thank you for your efforts.
    Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

Otter,
      I appreciate your efforts; as others do. I can see why AA has the secrecy thing; there is chill in the air.

Mind you, if someone thinks your a doctor, they don't know god from dog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGjx--qRj_E[/video]]YouTube - Kids in the Hall - God

Comment

Thanks

inde72;980782 wrote: Otter,
        I appreciate your efforts; as others do. I can see why AA has the secrecy thing; there is chill in the air.

Mind you, if someone thinks your a doctor, they don't know god from dog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGjx--qRj_E[/video]]YouTube - Kids in the Hall - God
        Thanks for your message of support. I have had a few similar such as "you are saving lives".

I loved the sketch. I hope that I am not the F.. M.. in all of this. Who knows. At the moment I am feeling like one.
        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Hi Ottre,

I am not taking bac or any meds at the moment, but have been following your posts with avid interest and uttmost admiration. So I just thought I would drop by, say HI, and offer my support to your incredible compassion and guts in helping your loved one. You rock Otter...love Saffy
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

lol. Thanks, Inde. I'm way too often the f...m...
            Glad you're here Otter. To the point, you've been in my 'prayers' for what that's worth. Hope she's doing better.
            I really appreciate the effort and the info on your site, as well.
            Sure would be helpful if we could get some docs on board. I'm plugging away in my own little (tiny) part of the world, trying to get someone to pay attention! Selfish reasons, but for the greater good, I hope.
            Best

Comment

Otter;980853 wrote:
              I loved the sketch. I hope that I am not the F.. M.. in all of this. Who knows. At the moment I am feeling like one.
              Otter;
              No, your so not the f? m? in all of this.

Warmest regards to you and your Significant Other?

Be well always.

Comment

Working...
              X