Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sobriety. Whatever that is.

Apology

I apologize, Ig. I had not seen your story/diary thread.

(I have had periods when I have been traveling and without internet connection. When I get reconnected, I try to catch up (on this forum only), but sometimes I miss big chunks.)

To me, this thread seemed like a mostly frivolous banter, harmless, but not particularly enlightening. (I have to admit I mostly scanned it, though.)... and then for you to come suddenly with the "unfuckingbelievable" news that you had reached your switch seemed not just weird, but almost selfish (i.e. not sharing information).

I did not realize you had already shared the details of your progress (intimately) in a very useful way for others, hence my questions and my critical tone.

I appreciate that you did not react in anger, but calmly answered my questions.

Just a thought: I wonder if it might be a good idea for you to 1) amend your story/diary thread to include the switch date (and how it felt), and then 2) make the link to your story/diary thread your signature (and of course updates would be much appreciated)?

Apologies again. And, oh yeah, congratulations! :thumbs: :wd:
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

6 weeks sounds good Mog. The way I'm looking at it is that it took me 30 years to get here so what's a few months here or there really matter!

The money thing is important to me. I'm popping nearly $10 worth of Bac everyday whereas I can buy a bottle of imported scotch for $6. Long term its a wash I know; its just at the moment I'm in a tight place.

Thanks for the reply. The main thing is that I will be doing what I think feels safe, on that note I must revive the taper or not thread.
      Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

Beatle Np

That's internet parlance for No problem

Which means I don't have a problem with what you wrote

ie. No need for an apology but apology accepted nonetheless.

We're cool

Which means chilled but not temperature wise

Which ......"Oh give it up Ig" Ig2

On the switch date issue. I've thought long and hard but have decided to let the log stand as is. There is a clue as to the switch date if you look at the last few entries. The letters AF might help you find it.

Yours
        Ever attentively
        Ig

Comment

So Iggy Pop, how many days and how are you feeling buddy?
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

It's just past midnight here so that's officially 6 days and I'm still feeling incredulous, astounded, surprised; maybe even a lttle anti climatic, poleaxed, bac'd out, in awe of the dismal state of my life and empowered.

Nice of you to ask soothsayer.

Comment

Ahh, progressing as normal then.
              Keep that up Iggy, things will start to fall into place in time

Comment

Ha Ha

https://www.mywayout.org/community/im...ee/muahaha.gif
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/im...ahaha.gifa.gif

Comment

Bac forgetfulness SE still strong or is it my own absent mindedness but I've forgotten how to do the smilie things again.

I would have added inconceivable to the original list but from the moment I first took Baclofen a world of new opportunities opened in my head.

While I'm here I'd like to thank MWO and the moderators and every one here for being here. Thank you all.

Comment

Oh, and:

Gratitude

Comment

Hey there Iggy Pop
                      Hows trix?

Comment

Thanks for asking starting
                        Still incredulous, mood swings...............too early to say really.

Lost my focus now that I'm AF. Lot too sort out, not sure where to start. Need a few more days to get used to this.

On the up side I reduced the Bac to 230mg today and have no desire to have a drink

Comment

ignominous;1012731 wrote: On the up side I reduced the Bac to 230mg today and have no desire to have a drink
                          That is great news!!

As long as you continue to remain indifferent to alcohol as you titrate down, do you have a set point that you plan to get to before you stop and stay there awhile?
                          Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                          ~Clutch

Comment

No I don't Isolde

And that is ny main concern about all this at this point. Had hoped to have a game plan in place when this position came.

Going to start a new thread. Ha

Comment

ignominous;1012731 wrote: Thanks for asking starting
                              Still incredulous, mood swings...............too early to say really.

Lost my focus now that I'm AF. Lot too sort out, not sure where to start. Need a few more days to get used to this.

On the up side I reduced the Bac to 230mg today and have no desire to have a drink
                              I remember having those feelings Iggy, but I think they came later for me...maybe at about 3 months. The first three purely spent on getting through and celebrating each AF day.
                              Try new stuff, new routines, see what makes you feel good and what doesnt.
                              The rest will fall into place when the times right.

Comment

Thanks Start I'm fairly confident that things will fall into place.

I want to do nothing.

That is not that there is nothing I want to do but I would welcome some time to come down from this roller coaster ride that I've been on and am continuing. I would love to be able to do nothing.

Life has a knack of not letting up. Ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X