Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen/vitamin dosage

Okay

I've been taking Baclofen for about a week now. I've drank twice. I've cycled up to 200 mg. But my schedule has at best been haphazard, I'm not keeping to and adhering to a structure.

I'm working incredibly long hours (leaving home before 8am, and coming home after 9pm is the norm).

I'm looking for advise as to mitigating side effects. The electric shocks, are annoying (I do alot of detail work with a track pen on a computer) Also I feel wooley headed and poorly focused, this is a problem as my job is insanely detailed orientated and requires me to do alot of multitasking and my concentration is shot to hell (I've stopped and restarted this post four times) twice because I've been interrupted and twice because I just go "ooooh shiny" and something distracts me.

I'm going to start carrying around a diary. Take multivitamins (vit b, full multi vitamins, thiamin, and something else my wife is asking me to take, I can't remember) with breakfast and lunch.

Any thoughts on diet, or anything I can do to mitigate side effects.

My side effects are;

Insomnia
    Sudden onset of tiredness
    Muscle spasm/ lack of coordination
    Poor concentration
    A kind of foggy head stupification.
    Electric shocks in my hands.

I'm also going to keep a diary/journal on my at all times.

Baclofen/vitamin dosage

200 mg/day in a week?
    Standard advise is to start low (15mg/day) and gradually increase dosage every few days. So by the end of the first week you should be around 45/day.)
    Maybe you should lower your dosage and take things slower. I'm on 70mg/day and that more or less takes car of my cravings. (More or less).

Comment

Baclofen/vitamin dosage

I agree with See, you should lower your dose and start slower. I'm on week 2 and am up to 100 now. I have had one day of massive SE's when I went up to 90 (nausea, dizzy, etc), but I'm holding strong and beginning to go up again this week. Cravings have gone way down. Triggers are still there. Working it.

My vitamin intake : multi, Bcomplex, 2000 D, calcium, L Glut, & evening primrose.

Good luck LongShot!
      Indifference is in your future with Baclofen. It works!

My frustration with Baclofen, which is shared by Dr. Oliver Ameisen, is that because Baclofen is an off patent medication there is no profit motive for drug companies to support clinical trials that would demonstrate its efficacy in treating addiction.

Comment

Baclofen/vitamin dosage

At first a multi b but you have cycled up WAY too quickly! I was, on docs advice, started on 30/d for 3 days then 60/day and slowly up to 90-100/day. Why are you going up so fast? I would suggest you go to about 1/2 your current dose and see if you feel much better. Vitamins won't help the side effects of this medicine but may help with your overall nutritional health if it has suffered from prolonged al abuse. I currently just take 1/2 of a generic mvi every day plus my calcium/d for the bones. Good luck. I advise anyone considering bac to read up on it thoroughly before starting it. The dose here is way out of range for a starter dose.
        Sunny

Comment

Baclofen/vitamin dosage

I went to 250 in a relatively short period of time, although I am unemployed. If I had to work more than 5 or 6 hours in a day it would be intolerable. I am absolutely on fire with boundless energy and focus for the first half of the day where I inevitably crash and burn around 3 or 4 o clock. I've had no more than 2 hours of half-assed sleep per night for two weeks.

If you are comfortable with using over the counter amphetamines, any ephedrine hcl product may get you through the day. However, it has a half-life of up to 6 hours, so that will inevitably exacerbate the insomnia. If it gets you through the week and you aren't drinking, you can always mega-dose the baclofen on the weekend and zonk out.

Obviously this is not medical advice. It is however, what has worked for me, and I am free.

...and now on to the adventure that is the rest of my life.
          -Ian

Comment

Working...
          X