Yay, my Bac finally came!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, 4RX stated that my shipment would take 12-21 business days to reach me. Today was day 21! If it didn't show up in today's mail, I was going to call them. And as luck would have it, I was actually home to sign for it. I'm working from home because I've had terrible insomnia for the last 4 nights and have been feeling totally drained and spacey. The insomnia showed up right around the time I ran out of my first batch of bac. But I'm pretty sure I'll sleep well tonight!

So, for any of those who have run out and had to start again, any advice on titrating back up? I think the last day I took any was Thursday, so I've only been off of it for a few days. I know that I need to listen to my body, and that we're all different. But I'm just trying to get an idea from anyone else who's had to re-start if you were able to dose up a little more quickly?
    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
    ~Clutch

Hi, Isolde

I also ran out at my 1st attempt. I could definitely titrate up faster than the 1st round, because I knew what to expect. Just keep in mind that I only really started feeling SEs around 170 / 180mg.

Good luck! And let's hope fewer people will make the same mistake in future!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Lordy, thanks for reminding me. Time to dig out the over-abused credit card and get those chaps in Spain to cook me up another batch.

I ran out as well, first time round, and immediately went on a drink and drug fuelled killing spree. Well, minus the killing and minus the drugs. But the results were pretty much the same!

Comment

Thanks for the responses. That's what I was hoping for, being able to titrate up a bit faster. I'd say that my SEs had been pretty minimal through 80, so I think I'll be able to get back up to that point pretty quickly and then go from there.

Oh yes, this is definitely a lesson to make sure you always have back up! I would've ordered it sooner, but my first order got here in half the time, and I mistakenly assumed that would be round about the regular shipping time. Once I saw how long this order was taking, I went ahead and ordered a BUNCH more to ensure I wouldn't run out again.

See, I'm right there with you. Running out of bac put me right back to drinking the same amount that I had been before.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
        ~Clutch

Comment

I am waiting for my first order of bac. I got an email today indicating that is was shipped. I ordered 4,000mg. I guess that I am going to have to do the math to figure out how long that may last. Once i ramp up to 70-100+ mgs a day that will go quickly. It just feels odd to order 10,000mgs at a time. How much do people usually order? I also don't know if I will hate it and then have all these pills laying around. At the minimum I am hoping it works with my anxiety with the added bonus of going AF. I know that everyone is different as to what dosage they need but maybe some of you guys could give me an idea as to how much you order at a time? I hope that I didn't hijack this thread!

Thanks! Cranky Pants

Comment

Hey Cranky Pants, no worries! Your questions are totally relevant to the thread, and even if they weren't I wouldn't mind.
            My first order was 2,000mg. Like you, I didn't want to order a ton the first time just in case I had a bad reaction or whatever. I set myself up a sample titration schedule in Excel, bumping myself up by 10mg every 3 days. On that schedule, the 2,000mgs lasted me just over a month (a bit longer than that, but the last week I started titrating down so as not to run out abruptly). By then I knew that I definitely wanted to continue and I ordered more, going up to the 25mg pills. This is the order that I just got that took forever. Part way through waiting, I realized I should just go ahead and order a bunch. So I placed another order, doing a combo of 25mgs and 10mgs, just to make it easier for myself (no pill cutting). Since there doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency in how long my shipment takes, I didn't want to be stuck high and dry again! (Though w/out bac, I'm anything but dry! :H ) Better to have extra pills just in case.

I think the 4,000 mgs will be a good start for you. It will take you a little while to ramp up to 70-100mgs, and then when you place your next order, you can place a bigger order (assuming you decide to continue). It was hard for me to figure out how much to order at the beginning too, even with my titration schedule laid out.
            I think you'll like what bac does for your anxiety. Even if it didn't help me at all w/the alcohol issue, I'd still keep taking it. I feel SO much better today than I did the last few days after I'd run out. For me, it's good stuff. Hope you find that it helps you in that respect too!

~Clutch

Comment

Thanks for the thoughtful reply!

Comment

Working...
              X