Day Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Seven

Baclofen sometimes has seemed like a nasty miracle to me. It?s hard to live with ? like a bad-tempered rotty who bites your ankles and poops on the floor, but protects you from the BAD guy. I?m fairly lucky in that if I titrate up too fast, I barf. It?s a pretty clear signal that self-corrects the problem of over doing it.

Bac has allowed me to do seven days AF, and it has given me remarkable relief from the anxiety that has plagued me for as long as I can remember.

My craving for AL is not gone, it?s just much quieter now. It?s more like ?I want to visit Disneyland someday? than ?If I don?t get some relief, I?m going to kill somebody or myself!? That?s pretty huge, all by its own self ? at least it is for me. It?s also allowed me to sleep. Being AF has probably done as much as the bac in that regard, but they are irretrievably interwoven for me at this point, since I wouldn?t be AF without the bac. I?ve been to inpatient treatment three times. They were all good. I?ve never felt this good, this rested, this sane. And I would strangle the rotty if I could.

The cravings are not gone (I?m only on 70 mg ? which I just upped to today ? I never up the dose by more than 10 mg in a day), but I can deal with them. They?re not sharp and biting. They?re more of a nuisance than a signal that I need to do ?this? (drink) to live ? like I need to breathe to live. That?s how it used to be for me. It?s not like that anymore. Not today anyway. I fear that my tolerance will challenge the strength of my cravings and I?ll have to ante-up. But I?m not there today. Or, at least, I?m not yet there today. I don?t have grand expectations in that way ? looking at 30 days or 60 days or whatever. I?m just okay today. I like being okay, even if it?s just for a day, even if it?s just for this moment. That?s way more than I had before. I?ll take it, for however long it lasts!

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
    - Vernon Howard

Day Seven

T3,

I have no experience with Bac myself, but which ever way you get there 7 days AF is great. And being okay for today is just great too. Long may it last ....
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Day Seven

Way to go Seven Days is brilliant.
      Good for you!!!!!
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

Day Seven

Tracy,

this is my kind of post. I love hearing about others successes. Check. I love analogies. Check. I love rottweilers. Check. And, wait for it. I looooooooove Disneyland. Check. I am content.

Hey, if you get a craving you can't kill with the 70, don't be afraid to throw another 10 back. You can always pull an ol' Capt. Ian and wear an eye patch around the house. It may, however, provoke the rottweiler.
        -Ian

Comment

Day Seven

Well done Tracey:goodjob: Isnt it an amazing feeling to be released from the jaws of the demon, even for a minute, an hour a day!!!! Keep up the good work
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Day Seven

Way to go Tracy! Sorry to hear you have such bad SEs, I'm not sure I could have done it had I experienced some of the horror stories that others have had. Although people have said the same thing about mine! :-)

Comment

Day Seven

:wd:
              Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

Day Seven

I've never met a mean tempered rotty, but if I did, I wouldn't think it was the ankles you've got to worry about.
                I like the metaphor tho, and am really happy to hear it's working for you.

Comment

Working...
                X